What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper Options? (1 Viewer)

ML90

Footballguy
Keeper options

Beginning to figure out who I'm going to keep for the 2020 season.

I'm in a extremely competitive 12 team, half point PPR league. 3 WRs, 2 RBs, and the flex can be WR/RB/TE.

I can only keep one.

Hoping to get some advice, analysis, opinions on my keeper options

DJ Moore as a 5th round pick

Mark Andrews as a 12th round pick

Calvin Ridley as a 6th round pick

Michael Gallup as an 8th round pick

Cooper Kupp as a 4th round pick

Dalvin Cook as a 2nd round pick

do you know when you pick?  If you have a top 3 pick I would keep Cook because that is great value at the end of the 2nd round.   

If not, I would think about DJ Moore but in the end I would still probably just take Cook.

Does each team only keep one keeper, or are you just asking about one decision? I would be tempted to keep Mark Andrews as the 12th rounder, assuming your league starts a TE. With one keeper per team there will still be plenty of valuable players to draft early. I don't feel the ADP boost from Cook or Moore are that valuable compared to what you would get from Andrews and being set with the consensus TE #3 at such a late pick it might as well be free. Assuming 1 keeper per team there still should be enough RBs available to get solid starters. Moore and Andrews are not that far apart in ADP in my mind, so I cannot see any circumstance I keep Moore over Andrews with the 7 round keeper difference. 

I would pretty much only consider keeping Cook with a top 3 pick as @Gallymentioned, but with a top 3 pick you can probably grab a top RB that was not kept anyway (not sure which would be available in the league, maybe it would be Cook again), so you still would be above average at RB just from that pick. 

Last edited by a moderator:
do you know when you pick?  If you have a top 3 pick I would keep Cook because that is great value at the end of the 2nd round.   

If not, I would think about DJ Moore but in the end I would still probably just take Cook.

Does each team only keep one keeper, or are you just asking about one decision? I would be tempted to keep Mark Andrews as the 12th rounder, assuming your league starts a TE. With one keeper per team there will still be plenty of valuable players to draft early. I don't feel the ADP boost from Cook or Moore are that valuable compared to what you would get from Andrews and being set with the consensus TE #3 at such a late pick it might as well be free. Assuming 1 keeper per team there still should be enough RBs available to get solid starters. Moore and Andrews are not that far apart in ADP in my mind, so I cannot see any circumstance I keep Moore over Andrews with the 7 round keeper difference. 

I would pretty much only consider keeping Cook with a top 3 pick as @Gallymentioned, but with a top 3 pick you can probably grab a top RB that was not kept anyway (not sure which would be available in the league, maybe it would be Cook again), so you still would be above average at RB just from that pick. 
We don't do draft order till after we submit keepers but the way we do it is we run a raffle that decides in which order we choose the draft pick we want.

Each team only keeps one keeper, sorry if I didn't specify that.

I think I have to go Andrews in the 12th or Cook in the 2nd but I'm not sure which route to go

In agreement with Gally.  I'm ranking them Cook, DJ Moore...   and Cook would be my choice unless something weird happens.

Users who are viewing this thread