What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

12-Team PPR Dynasty: Progressives Only! (1 Viewer)

Capn Obvious

Footballguy
I'm looking to add one more dynasty league and get to know some fantastic people in the process. If you politically identify as progressive, you'd be a great fit for this league, which should be a fun, enjoyable experience for everyone involved. Feeling stuck in a toxic league in which you've invested a lot of your time is a pretty miserable situation and unfortunately all-too-common occurrence in fantasy; you should both expect and help effect a respectful environment with a healthy amount of playful trash talk. Women, POC, and members of the LGBQTIA+ community are more than welcome!

This year will be free due to COVID-19, but we will certainly discuss making future seasons paid (I fully anticipate doing so at around $20, but we can figure out what works best for everyone). The league setup might be slightly different than that to which you're accustomed, but should generally feel pretty familiar; scoring will be fairly standard aside from a few small tweaks (a point for a 100-yard rushing/receiving game and a point every 20 completions) and defensive scoring adjustments to make the D/ST slot more consistent, appealing, and reflective of actual NFL success, and the postseason matchups for teams who miss the playoffs should prove more fun and meaningful than usual. We'll hold the slow startup draft (from which rookies will be separate) on FleaFlicker, then transfer over to ESPN for the league itself. Entry to the league and all league correspondence (including the Rookie Draft, the order of which will be transparently randomized after the conclusion of the startup draft for a little extra intrigue) will be hosted on Discord (https://discord.gg/XujsZy9).

Other logistics:

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, 3 FLEX, D/ST

Waivers

16 Bench (26 roster spots total)

4 IR (for COVID-19; we can adjust that number in the future)

Draft start date TBD, but likely in the next week or so

If you're interested, join the Discord posted above, and we'll get started!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested but discord link isn’t working for me. 
I've done keeper leagues before but not dynasty and I’d like to get into one. 
northman77@gmail.com

Just a heads up to everyone, I went through the extensive interview process and was rejected. (I’m quite progressive, for the record.) I’m very skeptical of this being a legitimate offer. It seems like a tricky way to conduct an opinion poll at best, a phishing attempt at worse. 

Just a heads up to everyone, I went through the extensive interview process and was rejected. (I’m quite progressive, for the record.) I’m very skeptical of this being a legitimate offer. It seems like a tricky way to conduct an opinion poll at best, a phishing attempt at worse. 
Not sure if I’m progressive or not, but went through the same kind of interview and also rejected. Interesting social experiment though. 

Obsidiansky said:
You spent the conversation fawning about how wonderful police are. Far be it for me to be a gatekeeper of progressiveness, but, as I explicitly told you in our private conversation that you decided to take public, you weren't a great fit for the league. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't propagate lies about me and my league on here :)  

77Northman said:
Not sure if I’m progressive or not, but went through the same kind of interview and also rejected. Interesting social experiment though. 
That's not for me to say! It just wasn't the right fit :)  Still wish you the best!

You spent the conversation fawning about how wonderful police are. Far be it for me to be a gatekeeper of progressiveness, but, as I explicitly told you in our private conversation that you decided to take public, you weren't a great fit for the league. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't propagate lies about me and my league on here :)  
Completely false. I said that police shouldn’t be abolished but the system of law enforcement should be extensively reformed... I’m skeptical of your intentions because I took the time to patiently answer your questions honestly and respectfully, clearly am progressive and met the criteria, and was still rejected despite you still not having the league filled the evening before the NFL season started.

I have the right to speak my mind, same as you, and especially after you wasted my time. Your group if it does in fact exist, is NOT progressive in any sense of the word. It is exclusionary, closed-minded, and discriminatory pseudo-elitist wannabe cult. It is exactly the reason people vote for candidates like Trump. I have zero interest in anything of the kind and I thank you for rejecting me. 

That’s all I have to say about that. Good day sir. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread