What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** 2020 Tour de France (1 Viewer)

Sand

Footballguy
So under the radar.  It's on tomorrow.  Great to see some of this stuff come back, though the outbreaks in France may make this a short tour.

With Bernal hurt Roglic looks like the heads on favorite.  Personally I'm super excited about Sepp Kuss.  We haven't had a stage winner since Farrar in 2011.  As much as I like Tyler, man I want that streak to be broken.  Sepp looked freakin' spectacular in the Dauphine and he has some real shots to take down some of the big mountain stages.  Also disappointed Dombrowski didn't get the nod for this tour, though perhaps with such a short break in between tours they're saving him for the Giro, which he was superb in last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
With Bernal hurt Roglic looks like the heads on favorite.  
I mean, Roglic is hurt too tho... but if not, the form he is on and the team he is on, he has to be a lock - they would have rolled all over the field with Kruijswijk there... and yeah, I am all aboard the Kuss train.  I would have expected WvA to have a shot at green until they announced that he would not be going for it. 

Ineos could be fun to watch if Carapaz decides to ride for himself ;)

I expect Gadau to finish higher than Pinot.

Guillaume Martin has looked great on a real team, I expect to see him in the lead group most days, would love to see him fight for a podium.

Most of all... I just hope they race finishes.  Nice is in a red alert for Covid today, and the 1st two stages are there. 

I know it is late, but if you want to join a Velogames TdF league (they're back!!), here is the info:

https://www.velogames.com/great-big-bike-game/2020/

League Owner: Jaysus
League Name: FBG_WGUAFC
League Code: 464741610

ETA: I just pulled together a team and created the league in less than 5 minutes... we'll see how that works for me. 

I know it is late, but if you want to join a Velogames TdF league (they're back!!), here is the info:

https://www.velogames.com/great-big-bike-game/2020/

League Owner: Jaysus
League Name: FBG_WGUAFC
League Code: 464741610

ETA: I just pulled together a team and created the league in less than 5 minutes... we'll see how that works for me. 
In with absolutely no idea what I’m doing!  Lol

I'll get in on some velo games... (ETA looks like you can't join mid-race  :thumbdown: )

For watching a good UK stream I went to cyclingstream.com today. Worked great.

I think it will be able to go on and finish unless we go into a total lockdown again here. I'm heading to Lyon for stage 14 and hoping I get to see a solid stage finish.

I honestly had no clue Kristoff was even in the race until the last 100 meters. :bag:
He was mentioned once or twice on the broadcast I was watching but like you said, mostly blended in throughout the day.

I guess easy to do when all of the talk is about the rain and unofficial neutralization all day.

Looking forward to see what Sepp Kuss can do for the US. Hoping he can take a stage for the red, white, and blue!

Holy crap - the Astana crash has to be the highlight of the day.  We'll be seeing that highlight for years - almost "agony of defeat" level.

Too late to sign up. 

Harris said:
I'll get in on some velo games... (ETA looks like you can't join mid-race  :thumbdown: )

For watching a good UK stream I went to cyclingstream.com today. Worked great.

I think it will be able to go on and finish unless we go into a total lockdown again here. I'm heading to Lyon for stage 14 and hoping I get to see a solid stage finish.
Just make teams and post your point totals. It's just for fun anyway, I'll do some sort of weekly leaderboard with you both included 

Just make teams and post your point totals. It's just for fun anyway, I'll do some sort of weekly leaderboard with you both included 
Awesome, so we just pick 9 riders within the categories (2 All-Round, 2 Climbers, 1 Sprinter, 3 Unclassed, 1 Wild Card) and top out at 100 points? I will exclude myself from any first stage points unless you guys don't mind. My team is:

Rider, Points (98 total), Class
Thibaut Pinot, 18, All Rounder
Tom Dumoulin, 18, All Rounder
Sepp Kuss, 10, Climber
David Gaudu, 8, Climber
Sam Bennett, 14, Sprinter
Alberto Bettiol, 6, Unclassed
Thomas de Gendt, 8, Unclassed
Luis León Sánchez, 8, Unclassed
Pierre Latour, 8, Wild Card

Awesome, so we just pick 9 riders within the categories (2 All-Round, 2 Climbers, 1 Sprinter, 3 Unclassed, 1 Wild Card) and top out at 100 points? I will exclude myself from any first stage points unless you guys don't mind. My team is:

Rider, Points (98 total), Class
Thibaut Pinot, 18, All Rounder
Tom Dumoulin, 18, All Rounder
Sepp Kuss, 10, Climber
David Gaudu, 8, Climber
Sam Bennett, 14, Sprinter
Alberto Bettiol, 6, Unclassed
Thomas de Gendt, 8, Unclassed
Luis León Sánchez, 8, Unclassed
Pierre Latour, 8, Wild Card
Pretty sure that team didn't get anything day 1 anyway.   :P

Pretty sure that team didn't get anything day 1 anyway.   :P
It wasn't a good sign yesterday when I picked my team and Gaudu was suffering and dropped from the peloton 2 minutes into the stage. Seems like he took a bad fall on Stage 1. 

And then Dumoulin can't even ride his bike and look around at the same time and goes down after touching wheels. 

Nice team I've got  :toilet:

Dumo is fine, luckily.  I lost Gilbert for sure and Martinez is effectively out of the GC race.

By the time we're done those teams will have wished they paid me not to put their guys on my team.  

Dumo is fine, luckily.  I lost Gilbert for sure and Martinez is effectively out of the GC race.

By the time we're done those teams will have wished they paid me not to put their guys on my team.  
I was looking forward to see what Martinez could do with support of the full team. 

Yeahhhh Sepp! Him and Wout did tons to work to get Roglic the win today. Really glad he was able to spend some prime time on the front at the end to get his name out there in the TdF. There are quite a few Americans who haven't panned out over the years but I think we might finally have someone to come to the fore.

As Roglic's primary domestique (along with Van Aert) I think Kuss finishes in the top 10 or better, especially after seeing today. 

Only took 4 stages to wind up in 5th!!!  Told you I didn’t know what I was doing.  At least Pinot got some points today. Now I’m just rocking Pierre Roland with the big fat goose egg!!!  Lol

Still enjoy watching the Tour even though I am clueless about bike racing fantasy.

I am shocked the the ASO did not find a loophole to keep the yellow on Alaphilippe today.  There is still time for them to reverse the decision before stage 6 starts though ;)  

I am shocked the the ASO did not find a loophole to keep the yellow on Alaphilippe today.  There is still time for them to reverse the decision before stage 6 starts though ;)  
Just came back home from the gym and saw this news. Crazy stuff but it at least shows they're fair with all riders. If Alaphilippe can get a time penalty while in yellow then anyone can...

Should be a great finish today. Not sure I've seen a stage like this in a while. Flat for 140-150km before popping off on some nasty climbs to finish it out for the last 40km. Sounds like there are some narrow roads as well, which primes well for an attack as not everyone will be able to be up at the front. 

I think a break will go and make it all the way to the finish as long as there is no one within 4-5 minutes of GC in the break. Two races today, one for the stage and one behind for GC positioning.

Really interesting start to the day with an opening climb and Bora turning the screws to the peloton. Lots of sprinters dropped in the first 10km but looks like they're coming back together. Bora still drilling it for Sagan though. If he can't beat them in the sprints might as well tire them out beforehand....

EDIT: NM, looks like there are still 4-5 groups behind the main pack after 12km. Bennett dropped and Quickstep trying to get him back in.

Was really glad to see Hirschi win it yesterday after last week's heartbreak.

So pumped for today and this stage, going to be full of drama throughout the day. Been a really great Tour so far and seems like they have been managing things quite well.

Heading to Lyon tomorrow and going to post up right around the last Cat 4 climb about 3km from the finish. Will try to get some good swag from the caravan.

Harris said:
Heading to Lyon tomorrow and going to post up right around the last Cat 4 climb about 3km from the finish. 
:X (<--- that would be green with envy)

Sepp Kuss looking stronnng on this second to last climb. Hanging there with Primoz and Dumoulin.

Best Tour in a long time (i'd argue since Armstrong).  Stage 12 (yesterday) certainly showed who is the strongest right now.  

And I have both on my team, #####es.  Even got the stage winner on 12 as a bonus.  Good luck catching me.   :boxing:

Great weekend stages heading into the Alps. Bora put the hurt on Bennett on Saturday but Sagan doesn't seem to have the legs to finish off a stage. I think Bennett has a healthy enough lead by now to nearly have it locked up considering how Sagan is looking.

Amazing to see the Slovenians dominate like this. Crazy to think that Pogacar would be about 40 secs ahead if not for the cross winds earlier but c'est la vie. He definitely seems the strongest this year just not great tactics with the cross winds and a weaker team overall wasn't able to bring him back.

Also my pre-Tour call out Sepp Kuss slowly making his way up in the rankings! Up to 17th! He's able to stay with the leaders well into all of the climbs up until the attacks go off. To be honest, I never see him do too much pulling but maybe it's only what the cameras show. Either way it's nice to know we could actually have an American GC contender in a few years.

Best Tour in a long time (i'd argue since Armstrong).  Stage 12 (yesterday) certainly showed who is the strongest right now.  

And I have both on my team, #####es.  Even got the stage winner on 12 as a bonus.  Good luck catching me.   :boxing:
Meh...not a fan of basically no attacks on the climbs.  Sunday's stage was a waste of 4 hours.

Meh...not a fan of basically no attacks on the climbs.  Sunday's stage was a waste of 4 hours.
Today was better.  And there has been attacks on the climbs, just not that one.  Overall this has been an incredibly entertaining tour.  Really looking forward to the TT.  It's long and lumpy.  

Users who are viewing this thread