What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chadwick Boseman R.I.P. (1 Viewer)

Imagine a world where an actor plays...

Mickey Mantle

Earl Warren

Elvis 

Superman

yet people don’t who he is.
I'm guessing this might be aimed at me. 

I don't watch superhero movies and almost never watch sports movies. I've never seen Field of Dreams, Hoosiers, Rudy, Remember the Titans, Bull Durham or most other "feel good" sports movies. Sorry I don't know who the guy is but I can clearly see he was well loved and wish him peace. Leave it to you to bring race into it.

I don't watch superhero movies and almost never watch sports movies. I've never seen Field of Dreams, Hoosiers, Rudy, Remember the Titans, Bull Durham or most other "feel good" sports movies. Sorry I don't know who the guy is but I can clearly see he was well loved and wish him peace. Leave it to you to bring race into it.
I really liked 21 Bridges if you want to see one of his other movies.

For some reason this really hits home. Same age as me. Is colon cancer screening still age 50? 
I believe that is the starting age if you don't have family history.  My dad had colon cancer, so I started getting them at 40.  First time they went in they clipped 4 precancerous polyps.  Went again the next year and they clipped 1.  The next year was clean so it put me on a 2 year cycle.  The prep is not fun to go through but it really isn't that bad.  The procedure is normally nothing, they knock you out and you wake up not knowing what happened.  Highly recommend people getting one as soon as they can.

What an incredibly strong, wonderful human being to fight so hard for life and keep it a secret.  Fantastic actor.  No one seemed to have a bad word to say about him.  What a loss.  😔 😢

I don’t think it’s anything to be surprised about as up until Black Panther his name wasn’t exactly “household”. Most people that do not follow the Marvel movies Probably wouldn’t recognize the name.

I loved 42, and he was great in it but I wouldn’t have remembered his name just based on that since it was his first major role.

Sad and definitely surprising.

Wonder why he chose to keep it so private.
Not sure why...surprising it was able to be kept so private as those things somehow get out.  So little of a celebrity remains private...I respect the ones that keep some bit of things for themselves...parts of their lives that are not for us.  Im sure those closer to him who didn't know probably felt they could have been there to support...but guessing others did know as well (and good on them for keeping the secret as well to any who did know).

I thought he played James Brown as well as anyone I've seen try. The script was weak but he made that movie very entertaining. We've lost a great actor, his resume was already loaded with terrific roles, prefer to celebrate his achievements over what we missed out on as a potential future audience. His work should be celebrated, the way he handled himself with this terrible disease and chose not to burden his fans should be honored. 

Honor this great actor and think about getting yourself screened which is code for a colonoscopy and do the right thing. 

May he RIP  

Colon cancer seems to be hitting younger and younger people.  Has to be the processed foods we eat.
It's been reported that he died of liver cancer. Sad either way.

RIP

Edit: I must've originally accessed a bad source online. Looks like it was colon cancer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread