What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 NBA Playoffs Thread - Haters arguing that it took Lebron 10 Finals to win 4 titles (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It leaves them with a very young core with one potential high-end superstar in Tatum (22 years old) and one star in Jaylen Brown (24 in October) and three first round picks in this year's draft that either thru those picks or thru trades hopefully helps them increase their depth which is an issue...C's are gonna be a legit contender for quite sometime.
it will be interesting. they are certainly head and shoulders above the current Sixers, so no matter what, as a Sixers fan we will be looking up. 

It leaves them with a very young core with one potential high-end superstar in Tatum (22 years old) and one star in Jaylen Brown (24 in October) and three first round picks in this year's draft that either thru those picks or thru trades hopefully helps them increase their depth which is an issue...C's are gonna be a legit contender for quite sometime.
:goodposting:  Celtics, barring injury, are set for a long long long long long time.

I don't know that there's a trio I'd take over the next 5 years. Even if/when Kemba declines, you've got two high level talents in their prime. Tatum is IMO elite star for the future. Brown's another All-Star. Both are flexible in multiple spots. Personally there's not 5 guys in the league I'd prefer over Tatum over the next 5-10 years. Theis & Time Lord is a very good, low cost duo at the 5. They've also got potential off bench with Langford/G.Williams/Edwards. Not sure what more one is looking for. :shrug:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy game 7 day!

I'll be on a football field for the first half, but should have a good chance to catch the end of the game.  Let's go Cs!

Don't remind me.  :hot:

We are trying to keep it positive up in here!
The league said “Sorry, our bad” about missing a foul on Walker with two seconds to go in regulation of Game 6. I actually wish they didn’t bother reviewing and reporting on stuff like that. It’s not like they are going to go back and have Kemba shoot the free throws and finish out the last 2 seconds. The league also said they missed a travel on Powell in OT that would have negated a basket. 

If you want positivity, I saw a tweet that said teams with a +30 scoring differential through 6 games were far more likely to win Game 7’s. I forget the number, but I thought it was like 80-85%.

Craig_MiamiFL said:
:goodposting:  Celtics, barring injury, are set for a long long long long long time.

I don't know that there's a trio I'd take over the next 5 years.
This a good question. Kemba is only signed for the next 3 years, so might not be great to look at it through the next 5 years. But what are the "best" trios over the next 3 years?

You gotta go with Lebron/AD/whoever and Kawhi/PG/whoever though. What other trios? Butler/Bam/Herro? Jokic/Murray/Porter? Steph/Klay/Draymond? Booker/Ayton/Bridges? Conley/Mitchell/Gobert? Luka/Porzingis/???

This a good question. Kemba is only signed for the next 3 years, so might not be great to look at it through the next 5 years. But what are the "best" trios over the next 3 years?

You gotta go with Lebron/AD/whoever and Kawhi/PG/whoever though. What other trios? Butler/Bam/Herro? Jokic/Murray/Porter? Steph/Klay/Draymond? Booker/Ayton/Bridges? Conley/Mitchell/Gobert? Luka/Porzingis/???
KD/Irving/?

KAT/Russell/#1 pick

Not going to create a whole new topic on it, but is it just me or is interest in fantasy football/football way down? Not a topic I wanted to discuss in Shark Pool because Joe has a business to run. I didn't hear a peep from my friends that are always wanting to talk fantasy football or do a local league. Lack of football buzz IMO has been in large part because NBA playoffs have been so good.

Maybe I'm living in my own little bubble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not going to create a whole new topic on it, but is it just me or is interest in fantasy football/football way down? Not a topic I wanted to discuss in Shark Pool because Joe has a business to run. I didn't hear a peep from my friends that are always wanting to talk fantasy football or do a local league. Lack of football buzz IMO has been in large part because NBA playoffs have been so good.

Hear ya. In the last few years I've had 50-100 season long teams (mostly best ball). This year I'm doing the subscriber contest and DFS, and that's it.

Part of it is that we are all getting older and have other things to do. I started in FF in 1996 and this will be third year in a row where I am in 0 leagues. 

Took a while to get going and the summer was very very quiet.  But now that we're going I'm hearing just as much if not more than other years from my friends.

Impressive that Denver’s will to fight down 17 was stronger than the allure of getting the f out of the bubble. 

Impressive that Denver’s will to fight down 17 was stronger than the allure of getting the f out of the bubble. 
On the latest Freakanomics podcast former NFL player/President of NFLPA/COO of the NBAPA Dominique Foxworth said that he thought NFL players would be willing to stay in a bubble for 7 months if the NFL would provide it. I say no way would players be willing to do that. Especially because the idea apparently proposed by the NFLPA was creating “bubbles” at team facilities where players would live in adjacent hotels and only go back and forth to team facilities.

Brown just shredded his groin, damn. 
C's are one of the best teams in the league at milking any kind of contact and acting it up when needed. Not too surprising. Waiting for Smart to throw himself on the floor to get a T against the Raptors

I hate when teams play offense like this down the stretch. Boston hasn't actually played a real offensive possession in like their last 7 possessions. Even pulled up in transition. If they'd tried to score at all instead of trying to bleed every second off the shot clock with plenty of time left they'd probably be up by 10 right now. 

C's are one of the best teams in the league at milking any kind of contact and acting it up when needed. Not too surprising. Waiting for Smart to throw himself on the floor to get a T against the Raptors
What are you talking about? He slipped on a wet spot on the court. Fell in slow motion as his foot slid out from under him. Wasn't trying to get a call. 

will be an interesting series. Heat don't have enough guys to cover Kemba, Tatum and Brown. On flip side, i don't think C's can guard Butler or Bam much either. 

will be an interesting series. Heat don't have enough guys to cover Kemba, Tatum and Brown. On flip side, i don't think C's can guard Butler or Bam much either. 
Bam is the guy they don't have an answer for.

Smart/Brown can neutralize Butler.

What are you talking about? He slipped on a wet spot on the court. Fell in slow motion as his foot slid out from under him. Wasn't trying to get a call. 
Speaking of which, they need better mops/moppers - guys slipping all over the place in all these bubble games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread