Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Capella

2020 NBA Playoffs Thread - Haters arguing that it took Lebron 10 Finals to win 4 titles

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, RUSF18 said:
1 hour ago, Boston said:

leaves them with a very young core with one potential high-end superstar in Tatum (22 years old) and one star in Jaylen Brown (24 in October) and three first round picks in this year's draft that either thru those picks or thru trades hopefully helps them increase their depth which is an issue...C's are gonna be a legit contender for quite sometime.

Couldn't almost the exact same post have been written last year before the draft? And what did that get them for 2020?

Well, after the draft they acquired Kemba Walker. I don't see how a Kemba/Jaylen/Jayson trio is anything but a top 3 team in the east for a few years. Sure, they may not win a championship, but it isn't hard to imagine a scenario where Tatum becomes a 1st team all NBA guy and they fill in a round the edges

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, modogg said:

Wonder where this will leave the Celtics if they can't beat the Raptors in this series. A Raptors team, without Kawhi, is not nearly as impressive. 

Will be interesting to see Butler go up against either. Bam could have a hell of a series against Boston too, he seems like he could abuse the paint at will if Boston makes it.

I hate to actually be cheering for Boston this series but I am.  My least 2 favourite teams in the league. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Boston said:

It leaves them with a very young core with one potential high-end superstar in Tatum (22 years old) and one star in Jaylen Brown (24 in October) and three first round picks in this year's draft that either thru those picks or thru trades hopefully helps them increase their depth which is an issue...C's are gonna be a legit contender for quite sometime.

it will be interesting. they are certainly head and shoulders above the current Sixers, so no matter what, as a Sixers fan we will be looking up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Boston said:

It leaves them with a very young core with one potential high-end superstar in Tatum (22 years old) and one star in Jaylen Brown (24 in October) and three first round picks in this year's draft that either thru those picks or thru trades hopefully helps them increase their depth which is an issue...C's are gonna be a legit contender for quite sometime.

:goodposting: Celtics, barring injury, are set for a long long long long long time.

I don't know that there's a trio I'd take over the next 5 years. Even if/when Kemba declines, you've got two high level talents in their prime. Tatum is IMO elite star for the future. Brown's another All-Star. Both are flexible in multiple spots. Personally there's not 5 guys in the league I'd prefer over Tatum over the next 5-10 years. Theis & Time Lord is a very good, low cost duo at the 5. They've also got potential off bench with Langford/G.Williams/Edwards. Not sure what more one is looking for. :shrug: 

 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harden is done with this series. He really doesn't want to be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris B. said:

Harden is done with this series. He really doesn't want to be there.

If the Lakers play hard in the first half in Game 5, he'll certainly check out mentally by halftime.

Edited by The Kansas Comet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy game 7 day!

I'll be on a football field for the first half, but should have a good chance to catch the end of the game.  Let's go Cs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

Happy game 7 day!

I'll be on a football field for the first half, but should have a good chance to catch the end of the game.  Let's go Cs!

The sad part is they should already have won 5 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

The sad part is they should already have won 5 games. 

Don't remind me.  :hot:

We are trying to keep it positive up in here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jayrod said:

Don't remind me.  :hot:

We are trying to keep it positive up in here!

The league said “Sorry, our bad” about missing a foul on Walker with two seconds to go in regulation of Game 6. I actually wish they didn’t bother reviewing and reporting on stuff like that. It’s not like they are going to go back and have Kemba shoot the free throws and finish out the last 2 seconds. The league also said they missed a travel on Powell in OT that would have negated a basket. 

If you want positivity, I saw a tweet that said teams with a +30 scoring differential through 6 games were far more likely to win Game 7’s. I forget the number, but I thought it was like 80-85%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

:goodposting: Celtics, barring injury, are set for a long long long long long time.

I don't know that there's a trio I'd take over the next 5 years.

 

This a good question. Kemba is only signed for the next 3 years, so might not be great to look at it through the next 5 years. But what are the "best" trios over the next 3 years?

You gotta go with Lebron/AD/whoever and Kawhi/PG/whoever though. What other trios? Butler/Bam/Herro? Jokic/Murray/Porter? Steph/Klay/Draymond? Booker/Ayton/Bridges? Conley/Mitchell/Gobert? Luka/Porzingis/???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, the moops said:

This a good question. Kemba is only signed for the next 3 years, so might not be great to look at it through the next 5 years. But what are the "best" trios over the next 3 years?

You gotta go with Lebron/AD/whoever and Kawhi/PG/whoever though. What other trios? Butler/Bam/Herro? Jokic/Murray/Porter? Steph/Klay/Draymond? Booker/Ayton/Bridges? Conley/Mitchell/Gobert? Luka/Porzingis/???

KD/Irving/?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, the moops said:

This a good question. Kemba is only signed for the next 3 years, so might not be great to look at it through the next 5 years. But what are the "best" trios over the next 3 years?

You gotta go with Lebron/AD/whoever and Kawhi/PG/whoever though. What other trios? Butler/Bam/Herro? Jokic/Murray/Porter? Steph/Klay/Draymond? Booker/Ayton/Bridges? Conley/Mitchell/Gobert? Luka/Porzingis/???

KAT/Russell/#1 pick

  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not going to create a whole new topic on it, but is it just me or is interest in fantasy football/football way down? Not a topic I wanted to discuss in Shark Pool because Joe has a business to run. I didn't hear a peep from my friends that are always wanting to talk fantasy football or do a local league. Lack of football buzz IMO has been in large part because NBA playoffs have been so good.

Maybe I'm living in my own little bubble.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Not going to create a whole new topic on it, but is it just me or is interest in fantasy football/football way down? Not a topic I wanted to discuss in Shark Pool because Joe has a business to run. I didn't hear a peep from my friends that are always wanting to talk fantasy football or do a local league. Lack of football buzz IMO has been in large part because NBA playoffs have been so good.

Maybe I'm living in my own little bubble.

Hear ya. In the last few years I've had 50-100 season long teams (mostly best ball). This year I'm doing the subscriber contest and DFS, and that's it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Not going to create a whole new topic on it, but is it just me or is interest in fantasy football/football way down? Not a topic I wanted to discuss in Shark Pool because Joe has a business to run. I didn't hear a peep from my friends that are always wanting to talk fantasy football or do a local league. Lack of football buzz IMO has been in large part because NBA playoffs have been so good.

Maybe I'm living in my own little bubble.

Part of it is that we are all getting older and have other things to do. I started in FF in 1996 and this will be third year in a row where I am in 0 leagues. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Not going to create a whole new topic on it, but is it just me or is interest in fantasy football/football way down? Not a topic I wanted to discuss in Shark Pool because Joe has a business to run. I didn't hear a peep from my friends that are always wanting to talk fantasy football or do a local league. Lack of football buzz IMO has been in large part because NBA playoffs have been so good.

Maybe I'm living in my own little bubble.

Took a while to get going and the summer was very very quiet.  But now that we're going I'm hearing just as much if not more than other years from my friends.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Kansas Comet said:

Unauthorized guest in the bubble, according to a league investigation

Read his wife deleted her Instagram account. Sounds like the “guest” wasn’t a homey coming over to play some video games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The refs are trying their damnedest to help Denver win this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impressive that Denver’s will to fight down 17 was stronger than the allure of getting the f out of the bubble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Impressive that Denver’s will to fight down 17 was stronger than the allure of getting the f out of the bubble. 

On the latest Freakanomics podcast former NFL player/President of NFLPA/COO of the NBAPA Dominique Foxworth said that he thought NFL players would be willing to stay in a bubble for 7 months if the NFL would provide it. I say no way would players be willing to do that. Especially because the idea apparently proposed by the NFLPA was creating “bubbles” at team facilities where players would live in adjacent hotels and only go back and forth to team facilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celts play terrible, somehow you by 4 at the half 

 

now start playing better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Brown just shredded his groin, damn. 

Or not, thank you Yahweh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Brown just shredded his groin, damn. 

C's are one of the best teams in the league at milking any kind of contact and acting it up when needed. Not too surprising. Waiting for Smart to throw himself on the floor to get a T against the Raptors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate when teams play offense like this down the stretch. Boston hasn't actually played a real offensive possession in like their last 7 possessions. Even pulled up in transition. If they'd tried to score at all instead of trying to bleed every second off the shot clock with plenty of time left they'd probably be up by 10 right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, modogg said:

C's are one of the best teams in the league at milking any kind of contact and acting it up when needed. Not too surprising. Waiting for Smart to throw himself on the floor to get a T against the Raptors

What are you talking about? He slipped on a wet spot on the court. Fell in slow motion as his foot slid out from under him. Wasn't trying to get a call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can you let that be your last shot? Especially when you have a timeout. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Don't worry Boston fans, road team has won every game in this series, so you are safe.

:goodposting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RUSF18 said:

How can you let that be your last shot? Especially when you have a timeout. 

No Kawhi :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, modogg said:

C's are one of the best teams in the league 

Thanks for the respect GB. Looking forward to a good Eastern Conf Finals between the top East teams. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

will be an interesting series. Heat don't have enough guys to cover Kemba, Tatum and Brown. On flip side, i don't think C's can guard Butler or Bam much either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugly, but I'll take it.

They need to be sharper vs Miami and really need Hayward back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So that guy Siakim is not that good, I learned 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, modogg said:

will be an interesting series. Heat don't have enough guys to cover Kemba, Tatum and Brown. On flip side, i don't think C's can guard Butler or Bam much either. 

Bam is the guy they don't have an answer for.

Smart/Brown can neutralize Butler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

What are you talking about? He slipped on a wet spot on the court. Fell in slow motion as his foot slid out from under him. Wasn't trying to get a call. 

Speaking of which, they need better mops/moppers - guys slipping all over the place in all these bubble games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wilked said:

So that guy Siakim is not that good, I learned 

He's not a great #1 guy, but luckily that guy for the Raptors is Lowry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

How can anyone not love the Celtics? 

:thumbup:

Marcus Smart in particular, he’s the hero America needs right now.

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also never realized how much I loved Kyle Lowery until this series - what a leader. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

How can anyone not love the Celtics? 

:thumbup:

🙋‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

How can anyone not love the Celtics? 

:thumbup:

🤢

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.