What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 NBA Playoffs Thread - Haters arguing that it took Lebron 10 Finals to win 4 titles (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Tatum offensive rebound won the game, amazing play.
Not many as fun to watch in the game. Guy is so FN good all around. 

Imagine being a Sixers fan knowing you'd be competing for titles right now instead of getting dumped in Round 1 and a future with a "PG" that hasn't learned to even attempt to shoot 5 years into his professional career. With an idiot GM like Brand.

That Tatum offensive rebound won the game, amazing play. Best tweet I saw on it

https://twitter.com/micohalili/status/1304629188171722753?s=21
Still say that was a ridiculously bad mental mistake by the Raptors.  I’m not saying 100% Powell gets it if he’s on the line but I think there’s a really good chance of it or makes Tatum go over or through him.  I don’t watch enough NBA to know how typical that is but seemed comically bad to me.

Not many as fun to watch in the game. Guy is so FN good all around. 

Imagine being a Sixers fan knowing you'd be competing for titles right now instead of getting dumped in Round 1 and a future with a "PG" that hasn't learned to even attempt to shoot 5 years into his professional career. With an idiot GM like Brand.
Tatum is obviously strong all around, but his late game turnovers can be brutal. He needs to improve his ball handling and shot clock management decision making. He often makes cross court passes with a second on the shot clock. 

Imagine Giannis and AD joining forces. 

Welcome to Chicago.

Or even Miami with Herro as the centerpiece.

:coffee:  

Last edited by a moderator:
I desperately want to know what the selection process was for giving him that job. Why HIS brother over....say.....jared dudley's?

I desperately want to know what the selection process was for giving him that job. Why HIS brother over....say.....jared dudley's?
They actually had a reality show type competition called Lakers Next Top Barber that's a series on YouTube.

What a 2nd half by Denver.

Another 3-1 comeback coming? :excited:  

Gary Harris coming back working way back to form has been so huge for them.

I've completely ignored the NFL's return with how good these playoffs have been. 

I've completely ignored the NFL's return with how good these playoffs have been. 
NHL and NBA playoffs have been fantastic.  Football is overrated.

The Denver offense continues to hum.  The Murray-Jokic pick-n-roll continues to result in good looks and Jokic has been money in the half court sets.  

More surprising has been the defense.  Wonder if it's time for the Clippers to get Lou Williams and Harrell in the game more.  They need more offense and Zubac isn't containing enough to keep him on the court as much.

Wonder if it's time for the Clippers to get Lou Williams and Harrell in the game more. 
probably not Harrell. I read that in the 9 minutes Harrell and Jokic have been on the court together for the past 2 2nd halve the Clips are a minus 30. could be wrong as i read it on the internet. but my eyes tell me Harrell has been struggling defensively with Jokic.

probably not Harrell. I read that in the 9 minutes Harrell and Jokic have been on the court together for the past 2 2nd halve the Clips are a minus 30. could be wrong as i read it on the internet. but my eyes tell me Harrell has been struggling defensively with Jokic.
Harrell’s been strug-a-liiiing.  Weirest stat line Zubac was +11 in 30 minutes and George was -23 in 39.  I didn’t think swings like that were possible when (pardon my math) they overlapped for at least 21 minutes. Was Harrell and Green that bad?

Unfortunate for Clippers but Harrell's been horrible in the bubble. Given his current play, he probably shouldn't be seeing the floor til next season

Buffaloes said:
Harrell has been awful defensively, but that's nothing new. He has been nearly as bad offensively. It also seems like the Nuggets happen to have Jokic in most of Harrell's minutes.

Lou Williams is kind of the same story. His mediocre offense has not been making up for his poor defense. 

If the Clips lose this series, there will be a lot of blame placed on Rivers, but their bench just hasn't been producing and with the return of Gary Harris (pushing Morris to the bench), the Nuggets bench has played well.

Craig_MiamiFL said:
D'Antoni and Simmons seems like a match made in heaven :lmao:  
Any chance the 76ers trade Embiid AND Simmons in the next year?  On it's face it seems ridiculous, but maybe that's exactly how it needs to play out.  Still can't believe they're gonna run it back with both again.  It just won't work.

Buffaloes said:
Good call.  Mistyped, so accustomed to typing Lou WIlliams, then Harrell that I just did it above.  Meant to type Green.  JaMychal Green isn't the player Harrell or Zubac can be when they are on, but he seems like the best match-up against Denver.  I'd also of liked to see Doc dust off Rodney McGruder for the Nuggets match-up, but doing so in game 7 seems like a big ask.

Or Patrick Beverly could, you know, quit fouling so often.  He's typically a high foul rate defender, but come on.  Kind of surprised Landry Shamet hasn't played better...not surprised at all by Marcus Morris.  Not sure that guy is the right fit for the Clips, but they're stuck with him now.  If they advance, I'll be interested to see how much he guards LeBron.  Gotta get there first.

NHL and NBA playoffs have been fantastic.  Football is overrated.
someone laughed at this notion earlier in the thread, but i have been way more excited for the basketball games this week than opening weekend of foosball. pretty hyped for another game 7 tonight

I hate when teams play offense like this down the stretch. Boston hasn't actually played a real offensive possession in like their last 7 possessions. Even pulled up in transition. If they'd tried to score at all instead of trying to bleed every second off the shot clock with plenty of time left they'd probably be up by 10 right now. 
:ph34r:

Factoring in the power Tatum went up with and how high he was, I honestly think that's the greatest block I've ever seen. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread