Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Capella

2020 NBA Playoffs Thread - ***hoops talk only***

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Ok let’s try this again, hopefully it can stay here. For any discussion on the NBA player’s protest and the civil rights issues that led to them walking out, please see the thread in the political forum. Any discussion here will certainly lead to this thread getting deleted and I’m certain there will not be another. 
 

Here is the link to the other thread:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/776597-2019-20-nba-thread-new-forum-same-great-taste/#comments

Edited by Capella
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The crazies couldn't have taken over the thread when you didn't have one of your A+++ thread titles up? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two posts in and no 76er talk? That boycott was really powerful.

  • Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Porzingis is done for the season, right? With Beverly back, the Clippers should have this series in the bag.

Lillard is also out of the bubble and done. Lakers are looking forward to getting some rest before round 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RUSF18 said:

The crazies couldn't have taken over the thread when you didn't have one of your A+++ thread titles up? 

I know, really kind of frustrating lol. Gonna let this one be dry for a few days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

knicks are a train wreck and deserve derisive treatment, but porzingis is made of paper.  the talent is sublime, but year after year he is injured with major stuff.  he didn’t want to be in ny and could the knicks have gotten more, it’s arguable.  i am not against them moving him and still hope the future picks pan out here, but he keeps devaluing himself.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dort plays fantastic D on Harden only to have three Thunder players stand and watch the only Rocket in the paint get the rebound and kick it back to Harden for the open 3.   On the plus side, Schroder is currently in full NBA Jam On Fire mode.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OKC out of sorts on offense right now.  A lot of bad turnovers when the ball isn't in the hands of CP3 or Schroder.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy - Schroder and Tucker both get tossed.  Schroder performs a cup check on Tucker and then PJ retaliates with a head butt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The Kansas Comet said:

Crazy - Schroder and Tucker both get tossed.  Schroder performs a cup check on Tucker and then PJ retaliates with a head butt.

I think the Schroeder ejection was a bad call.  That was just his natural running motion and Tucker stepped into him on that screen, which was an offensive foul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any leans on the Boston/Toronto series?  Pretty evenly priced.

Boston was 3-1 vs Raptors in the regular season but Raptors slightly favored for the series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sudoku_in_the_Bathtub said:

Lakers predictably had no problem dispatching the no defense playing Blazers. 

Suns were the best team. Should have been the 8 seed. And would have went 25-0 in the Bubble.

But they did have problems. :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sudoku_in_the_Bathtub said:

Lakers predictably had no problem dispatching the no defense playing Blazers. 

Suns were the best team. Should have been the 8 seed. And would have went 25-0 in the Bubble.

Would have been nice to see the Suns in so it could have been a bit of a series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sudoku_in_the_Bathtub said:

Lakers predictably had no problem dispatching the no defense playing Blazers. 

Suns were the best team. Should have been the 8 seed. And would have went 25-0 in the Bubble.

Sucks the suns didn’t make it but the regular season had to count for something. It’s a shame the nba didn’t take the bubble time to just seed 1-16, multiple teams in the East should have been kicked to the curb. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TripItUp said:

Any leans on the Boston/Toronto series?  Pretty evenly priced.

Boston was 3-1 vs Raptors in the regular season but Raptors slightly favored for the series.

I think that slight lean to the raptors is probably right.  They are both great coaches, but I think that nurse has a few more personnel options to work with and get more variety.  Gasol vs theis will be an interesting matchup of crafty big me.  Who will guard siakam and can he take the step of being the best player in the series?  If Tatum can be the best player in the series, that might make a difference for Boston.  I would not bet it but just enjoy the matchup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So far Boston shooting better is the difference.

If I wasn't a Boston fan, I'd be a Raptors fan.  Nurse's defensive schemes are revolutionary.  The Rap's half court offense will struggle, but this matchup will come down to Celtics turnovers.

 

Edited by Jayrod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boston shot it well, got back and forced the Raptors to work for points.  Will be curious to see what adjustments are made by both teams in game 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2020 at 5:32 PM, facook said:

Love you bro, but you act like good NBA players can't make unguarded treys at a high rate.  The lack of playing defense matters.

Lakers 4-1.  If Blazers played any D they'd take it to 7.  Shame.

:homer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kev4029 said:

Marcus Morris is an idiot.

If he could have gotten Luka tossed, it would have been worth it.

not that it really matters anyway, of course

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luka clubbed Reggie Jackson from behind in the last game, worse than the Morris hit. People act like in never happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Kev4029 said:

Marcus Morris is an idiot.

is Morris the same guy who stepped on Luka's injured ankle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Buffaloes said:

is Morris the same guy who stepped on Luka's injured ankle?

Sure is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Chris B. said:

Luka clubbed Reggie Jackson from behind in the last game, worse than the Morris hit. People act like in never happened. 

🙄

Not even remotely similar. It was pretty clear that Morris was not making a play for the ball and he was already whistled for a foul. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kev4029 said:

🙄

Not even remotely similar. It was pretty clear that Morris was not making a play for the ball and he was already whistled for a foul. 

Ugh. Does anyone that actually watched the games have anything objective to say about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there are high school teams that could defend the high screen and roll better than Denver has in the bubble. their D is embarrassing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, caustic said:

Murray = pretty good

The last three games he has average 47.3ppg on 64% shooting and 63% from 3. I think having the static background must really be helping him. Fwiw, I also think that typically the Jazz and Nuggets are at a shooting disadvantage as they bounce to and from elevation. If a baseball flies 10% further, a shot has to be slightly affected as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Buffaloes said:

there are high school teams that could defend the high screen and roll better than Denver has in the bubble. their D is embarrassing.

Yep.

Getting Harris back is huge for them. Murray/Jokic/Porter is good offensive core but they've absolutely got to have high level help defenders at the other 2 spots. I've mentioned many many times in the previous thread that teams will light up Jokic on high screens come playoff time. It's only going to get worse as playoffs go on. I think Porter will be a bit better when he gets to play the 4 full-time. JMO Jokic is too slow footed (weight loss or not) to ever improve much out in space.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2020 at 11:43 AM, Gr00vus said:

Two posts in and no 76er talk? That boycott was really powerful.

Yep... Djax hasn't found this thread yet.  It's coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's amazing how Denver/Utah just seems to have every game come down to OT or a final game.  I think Murray just takes game 7 over but we'll see.  I expect it to somehow go to OT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Deamon said:

It's amazing how Denver/Utah just seems to have every game come down to OT or a final game.  I think Murray just takes game 7 over but we'll see.  I expect it to somehow go to OT.

Think Murray can do this 4 games in a row? Maybe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2020 at 6:57 AM, Sudoku_in_the_Bathtub said:

Lakers predictably had no problem dispatching the no defense playing Blazers. 

Suns were the best team. Should have been the 8 seed. And would have went 25-0 in the Bubble.

I feel like Nurkic lost them 1 or 2 games singlehandedly. Dame’s two injuries didn’t help either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Butler having a great game.

He has been freaking clutch down the stretch.  As if Philly's postseason hasn't been painful enough.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Riveting 15 minutes of slow mo replays.  Eff reviews.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only Philly could get a top player like Butler, they’d be unstoppable. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Continue to be impressed by Miami's ability to find and develop players. Well-coached and the depth to make a nice run...if Butler can keep it up.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, wilked said:

If only Philly could get a top player like Butler, they’d be unstoppable. 

Unfortunate it didn't work out with Jimmy alongside Tony Allen, Joel Embiid and Tobias in Philly.

  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be too much to ask to have the #1 seed in the East, with the reigning MVP and DPOY have a prime time game at some point?

I'm honestly not kvetching about Jimmy Butler tearing the Bucks up tonight. They played like poo after the 1st quarter. Nothing like giving Kyle Korver about 20 minutes but I digress.....

It might have been 1 or 2 games after 7pm in the bubble an 0 in the first round. It might be messing with them not playing at night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, strykerpks said:

Would it be too much to ask to have the #1 seed in the East, with the reigning MVP and DPOY have a prime time game at some point?

I'm honestly not kvetching about Jimmy Butler tearing the Bucks up tonight. They played like poo after the 1st quarter. Nothing like giving Kyle Korver about 20 minutes but I digress.....

It might have been 1 or 2 games after 7pm in the bubble an 0 in the first round. It might be messing with them not playing at night.

All East playoff games are going to start at this time I believe unless there is no west game. They aren’t going to make the west teams start at 1030 East time 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Capella said:

All East playoff games are going to start at this time I believe unless there is no west game. They aren’t going to make the west teams start at 1030 East time 

Valid point I didn't think about. Still think the Bucks shouldn't be tipping at noon every friggin game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, strykerpks said:

Valid point I didn't think about. Still think the Bucks shouldn't be tipping at noon every friggin game.

That was more the Magic. I don’t think there will be any more day games. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Capella said:

That was more the Magic. I don’t think there will be any more day games. 

We don't have Sixer fans to ##### about every little thing so someone has to pick up the slack

While we're here, it's now an offensive foul on Giannis if you fall down in the lane and he's within 6 feet of you

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.