What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 NBA Playoffs Thread - Haters arguing that it took Lebron 10 Finals to win 4 titles (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Point God showed up tonight.  I've always loved CP3s game and tonight was fun.

Also, Denver needs to study how the Thunder play Harden.  They were going to make someone else beat them.  Nuggets need to give Murray the same treatment. 

He has been freaking clutch down the stretch.  As if Philly's postseason hasn't been painful enough.
Yup. It was obvious last season and all year that philly needed Butler. He was perfect for this town. Just not for Brown and Simmons. Choosing those 2 over Butler probably set the team back several seasons and likely squandering Joel and the entire Process. 

Unfortunate it didn't work out with Jimmy alongside Tony Allen, Joel Embiid and Tobias in Philly.
:goodposting:

I'm sure Brand is right and Horford will improve in his age 35 season.

Alongside the other 95 frontline players they've got dominating their cap space.

They seem real close to doing some damage. Give Simmons/Embiid another 4 years to gel and look out.

:goodposting:

I'm sure Brand is right and Horford will improve in his age 35 season.

Alongside the other 95 frontline players they've got dominating their cap space.

They seem real close to doing some damage. Give Simmons/Embiid another 4 years to gel and look out.
If they could have really got CP3 for Simmons, Brand and Co really messed up bad. 

CP3 - Trey Burke

Reddick - Shake (or if cannot keep reddick start shake with kork off bench)

Jimmy - Thybulle

Harris - Scott

Embiid - O’quinn

Last edited by a moderator:
They'd have got a lot more than CP3 for Simmons last offseason. A LOT more.....to the point it'd be impossible to pull off w/o another team/assets.

Paul was thought of as the most untradable contract in the league by many last offseason.

Simmons just finished the last year of rookie deal

They'd have got a lot more than CP3 for Simmons last offseason. A LOT more.....to the point it'd be impossible to pull off w/o another team/assets.

Paul was thought of as the most untradable contract in the league by many last offseason.

Simmons just finished the last year of rookie deal
Terrible. Simmons is potentially great, but not on a team with a dominant in the paint center and no shooters around him. 

Westbrook with a TO and air ball in crunch time. Brutal. 
Just brutal as a Rockets fan.  I think there were 3 or 4 turnovers in the last few minutes by Westy and Beard.   Even tougher to watch was Harden doing his usual disappearing act late in the clutch.  I guess I've become accustomed to it over the years but after watching Jimmy Butler come through with that amazing 4th it gave me some hope.   It would be nice to have a #1 that doesn't fall apart or become passive in important games.   If the Rockets fail to win Game 7, that trade will be a complete fail and likely the last we see D'Antoni coaching them.  

While we're here, it's now an offensive foul on Giannis if you fall down in the lane and he's within 6 feet of you
Defenders are flopping and falling down a lot.  So much so, that it has to be part of the defensive game plan.  Those tend to be the most dangerous plays of the game because it inevitably results in Giannis being undercut and on the ground.

Chris Paul playing really well down the stretch.
What are 'Things said after game 6, but not game 7?' for $500 Alex.

https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1300828815422181376?s=21

I swear to god I made this exact thread title 3-4 years ago 
WorldWideWob has a great line as well, "Westbrook's best playoff game for the Thunder in years tbh"

Does Nurse complain about every play?

Weird - after I posted that I didn't really notice complaining anymore.

Sneegor said:
Really looking forward to the Murray/Mitchell battle tonight.
So is Magic Johnson.  link  He broke it down like this:

"I'm so excited for Denver vs. Utah Game 7 & to see Jamal Murray vs. Donovan Mitchell! For Denver to win, Nikola Jokić, Gary Harris, Paul Millsap, or Michael Porter Jr. has to step up! For Utah to win, it's on Mike Conley, Jordan Clarkson, Joe Ingles, or Rudy Gobert to step up."

You can't get that kind of Hall of Fame breakdown anywhere else.  He's to Twitter what Sports fan is to the FFA.

So is Magic Johnson.  link  He broke it down like this:

"I'm so excited for Denver vs. Utah Game 7 & to see Jamal Murray vs. Donovan Mitchell! For Denver to win, Nikola Jokić, Gary Harris, Paul Millsap, or Michael Porter Jr. has to step up! For Utah to win, it's on Mike Conley, Jordan Clarkson, Joe Ingles, or Rudy Gobert to step up."

You can't get that kind of Hall of Fame breakdown anywhere else.  He's to Twitter what Sports fan is to the FFA.
Boooger McFarland of the NBA.

Utah has been putrid here in the first half.  Mitchell has been especially bad.  Taking a lot of the fun out of a Game 7 right now.

Major said:
Just brutal as a Rockets fan.  I think there were 3 or 4 turnovers in the last few minutes by Westy and Beard.   Even tougher to watch was Harden doing his usual disappearing act late in the clutch.  I guess I've become accustomed to it over the years but after watching Jimmy Butler come through with that amazing 4th it gave me some hope.   It would be nice to have a #1 that doesn't fall apart or become passive in important games.   If the Rockets fail to win Game 7, that trade will be a complete fail and likely the last we see D'Antoni coaching them.  
Man, you aren't kidding.  I love watching this iteration when they're engaged and in sync but when things go south it is just brutal.

What a rockfight this has become.   It took Denver 4 and half minutes to score in the 4th quarter.

That was a perfect way to end that game.  Blown fastbreak layup leads to open 3 that goes in and out.  It wasn't a thing of beauty, but it was compelling.  Clippers are going to have some fun next round.

Al Horford's really fallen off a cliff for Denver...

At least his deal is over after the bubble.

Veteran leadership BTW. Tell the salary cap that.

that was a fun series. even the ugly game 7 was managed to be riveting down to the last second. LA/LA is pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point but good to see some compelling basketball on the way there

Man 538 is still really high on the Celtics.  Only giving the Bucks a 3% chance to win a championship right now.

Also have the Rockets as heavy favorites over OKC and still favored over the Lakers even though they haven't won their series yet.

Clippers gonna kill these guys. 
You shut your mouth. 

With as awful as PG was, if that continues, Denver has a punchers chance. Grant should be a credible defender on Leonard and Jokic should have a better series both offensively as the Clippers bigs are Gobert and defensively as the Clippers won't put him in a high pick and roll all game.

Lou Williams and Harrell run nothing but high pick and roll. They feasted on that all season long.

It's going to be interesting to see how Murray tries to score against Beverly, Leonard and George.

It's going to be interesting to see how Murray tries to score against Beverly, Leonard and George.
Yeah the Nuggets chances hinge on Jokic.  Murray may have some moments, but they can't rely on him consistently with those defenders.

Role players bruh

Why Pat Riley is who he is and not some incompetent (still) clueless bozo spending $120 mil+/yr on 4 frontline players 

@ramonashelburne

Duncan Robinson wasn’t even a good high school player. Now he’s one of the best 3-point shooters in the league. Here’s how he went from Division III to the NBA, and how Heat coach Erik Spoelstra helped him believe he belonged.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29707109/nba-playoffs-miami-heat-duncan-robinson-steps-sunlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread