What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

5th pick...Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook or Clyde Edwards Helaire? (1 Viewer)

Saboo

Footballguy
1/2 point ppr league that awards 8 points for a TD. Who would you go with here considering it’s a TD heavy league.

My concerns are:

Cook - Injury risk, contract dispute and the fact that he slowed down significantly in the second half last year.

Henry - I think TD regression is likely, not involved in pass catching, but should have a solid floor. Maybe we’ve seen his best?

CEH - Somewhat of a wildcard, but is in one of the most explosive offenses of all time. Not 100% sure of his role and may have rookie issues like pass blocking that could hurt his playing time..HEC Could challenge for the number one RB in the league or could (not likely) be a huge disappointment 

Who would you pick? 

Thanks in advance!

is this a redraft? keeper?  How many teams and based on your question, will assume the draft has started...  Who has been picked?  Starting requirements?  

1/2 PPR with 8 pts per TD?  Tough call between Cook and Henry.  I would probably lean Henry due to Cook's injury history and that you will have to insure with Mattison.

Even though KC offense is the best, the offense still will go through Mahomes.  The 1/2PPR hurts CEH here.

I have Henry and Cook equally ranked. I don't think holdout is a concern but he has seen his share of injuries. Him going into this year, not holding out, and knowing he is playing for an FA deal could lead to his best season yet.

Meanwhile Henry is just unstoppable later in games and plays for a ground and pound team that has a solid defense. All that comes together for another year where he could challenge for the rushing total.

The 8 for TD and .5 ppr both play to henry's strength and are kind of against CEH's perceived strengths. 

Henry

Cook

CEH in that order for me. And I am a Cook and Henry dynasty owner and love both. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/787832-12-team-superflex-from-11-spot-2qb-max/

Users who are viewing this thread