What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are Democrats enabling the rioting and looting? (1 Viewer)

Are Democrats enabling the rioting and looting?

• Yes

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • No let me tell you why

Votes: 22 43.1%

• Total voters

Bronan

Footballguy
Curious to get everyones thoughts here. 

Dem leadership has consistently turned down federal assistance to deal with the violence. Many of their leaders have also been actively calling for more protest, including those in the mainstream media. 

This video shows the extent of it. 

https://twitter.com/CaldronPool/status/1300244705649676289?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1300244705649676289|twgr^&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fmpcforum.org%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F10636-as-the-world-burns-2020-riot-thread%2Fpage__st__1120

• Sad
Reactions: rct
Those are not riots or looting. The dems are promoting this peaceful protesting.  
What do you mean here...yes...there is violence and looting...no, the dems are not promoting that...but yes are promoting what is actually peaceful.

Bro.  If you can't see it.  You need to take those blinders off.   Kamala Harris your vp rep raised money to get violent rioters  out of jail.    

Peaceful Protestors dont get arrested.   

And when did you become the fbgpf mall cop?
There is a whole thread about what fund she donated to...no...it was not that she raised money to get violent rioters out of a jail...that is not a true statement of what she did...Saints addressed this in the thread dedicated to it...id be happy to refer you to that post if you'd like.

And its not that I can't see it...its that it does not exist.  Its a bogus assertion and if you are going to make such assertions...the point of the board is to back it up...quit the board cop claims and just do what everyone is asked to do here.  Its always the complaint from people who refuse to and are unable to back up the claims they make...because they know deep down the claims being made are not true.

I haven't  been around that much over the last 6 months.   Your issues are your own.   I dont know if people are calling a mall cop.   But that comment was mall coppish.   Maybe you should think on it.

Because...facts show they are not.  Facts show democrats speaking out against the violence.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-speaks-on-the-violence-11598916735

Pelosi has bashed antifa in the past as well.

Clyburn spoke out about it...nearly every prominent democrat has...
Pelosi bashed antifa... in 2017 when they attacked Berkeley.  Bubkus for the current terrorism.

Biden spoke out recently only because polling showed that, surprisingly, the majority of the public doesn't like violent terrorists taking over sections of major American cities.  I mean, whoulda thunk it?

Pelosi bashed antifa... in 2017 when they attacked Berkeley.  Bubkus for the current terrorism.

Biden spoke out recently only because polling showed that, surprisingly, the majority of the public doesn't like violent terrorists taking over sections of major American cities.  I mean, whoulda thunk it?
Biden has spoken out since early on about the violence...making comments multiple times since Floyd's death.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-condemns-riots-over-george-floyd-death-calls-for-end-to-needless-destruction

So yeah...this statement that he has not spoken out until now is completely false...he has done so multiple times since then...and spare me the speaking only because polling says so...there is a long list of things that are done for that reason in politics.

Biden has spoken out since early on about the violence...making comments multiple times since Floyd's death.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-condemns-riots-over-george-floyd-death-calls-for-end-to-needless-destruction

So yeah...this statement that he has not spoken out until now is completely false...he has done so multiple times since then...and spare me the speaking only because polling says so...there is a long list of things that are done for that reason in politics.
Biden just chose a VP candidate that was encouraging the riots

Bro.  If you can't see it.  You need to take those blinders off.   Kamala Harris your vp rep raised money to get violent rioters  out of jail.    

The bolded is beyond false, as we have witnessed repeatedly over the past several months.  Not only do peaceful protesters get arrested, they also get beaten, tear-gassed, and shot with rubber bullets.

Pretty amazing how anything being said against violence is about as old as the loaf of bread in my pantry but absolutely nothing was said in June...or July...or the first 25 days in August. Nor during a 4 day Democratic national convention...by any Democratic.    Only when the polls were hurt was this remarked on.  

If you look closely at the posts that people use saying something was said earlier, there's no mention of violence is wrong...stop killing.  They are much more saying "arson is bad" and "burning communities is bad".  That's vandelism and arson, not human violence.  

Pretty amazing how anything being said against violence is about as old as the loaf of bread in my pantry but absolutely nothing was said in June...or July...or the first 25 days in August. Nor during a 4 day Democratic national convention...by any Democratic.    Only when the polls were hurt was this remarked on.  

If you look closely at the posts that people use saying something was said earlier, there's no mention of violence is wrong...stop killing.  They are much more saying "arson is bad" and "burning communities is bad".  That's vandelism and arson, not human violence.  
This is again false...Biden has since Floyd...even Obama has spoken out like you claim he should...Clyburn...there have been democrats speaking out against violence for months.

Its a fallacy at this point and continues to be false claiming otherwise (and to keep claiming it was only after the polling)...I can keep finding link after link after link about the left speaking out against violence...but it never seems enough for some.

This is again false...Biden has since Floyd...even Obama has spoken out like you claim he should...Clyburn...there have been democrats speaking out against violence for months.

Its a fallacy at this point and continues to be false claiming otherwise (and to keep claiming it was only after the polling)...I can keep finding link after link after link about the left speaking out against violence...but it never seems enough for some.
Obama demagogued his way preaching unrest at John Lewis' funeral, a man who peacefully fought the fight. 

Bull Connor may be gone. But today we witness with our own eyes police officers kneeling on the necks of Black Americans. George Wallace may be gone. But we can witness our federal government sending agents to use tear gas and batons against peaceful demonstrators. 
Bull Connor... sending agents against peaceful protestors... Disgraceful.  Yet that speech will probably earn him another Nobel Peace Prize.

Obama demagogued his way preaching unrest at John Lewis' funeral, a man who peacefully fought the fight. 

Bull Connor... sending agents against peaceful protestors... Disgraceful.  Yet that speech will probably earn him another Nobel Peace Prize.
Ahh...taking parts of the speech and claiming it meant violence.

Once again...unrest is not the same as violence.  He spoke out in the last several months speficially condemning violence...and that isn't good enough for you all.

Sorry...its not everyone else's fault that some of you won't accept what people are saying when they speak out against it...it doesn't mean they aren't doing it though.  Ive clearly proven they have spoke out against it...

Just catching Trump’s comments on this versus Biden’s.

Trump continues to be a joke. 

Biden: any looting, violence., etc are criminal acts

Trump: citizens shooting people is ok, spraying people with pepper spray is fine, shooting people with paint guns, yup! As long as you are waiving a Trump flag. 

Those are not riots or looting. The dems are promoting this peaceful protesting.  
Even if you could isolate the peaceful protests from the vast amount of violence, the peaceful portion is spewing hatred, divisiveness and threats.  Even much of the so-called peaceful protests are violent.  

The General said:
Just catching Trump’s comments on this versus Biden’s.

Trump continues to be a joke. 

Biden: any looting, violence., etc are criminal acts

Trump: citizens shooting people is ok, spraying people with pepper spray is fine, shooting people with paint guns, yup! As long as you are waiving a Trump flag. 
Link?  

Come on.  Bible photo op is all that's needed here.  He tear-gassed peaceful protesters so he could have a photo op.  You saw it, I saw it, his AG admitted it.
Specifically when did Trump say citizens shooting people is OK as long as they are waiving a Trump flag.  

Specifically when did Trump say citizens shooting people is OK as long as they are waiving a Trump flag.  
Really?  He specifically approved tear-gassing peaceful protesters as long as the ones doing the tear-gassing were doing it under the banner of Trump photo op.

Really?  He specifically approved tear-gassing peaceful protesters as long as the ones doing the tear-gassing were doing it under the banner of Trump photo op.
I don’t think that is confirming the statement of shooting is ok though.    I believe that shooting statement was supposed to be a joke.   Obviously, it fell a little flat.  

I don’t think that is confirming the statement of shooting is ok though.    I believe that shooting statement was supposed to be a joke.   Obviously, it fell a little flat.  
I'm not sure that "he was joking about the people laying dead in the street" is much of a defense.  

I'm not a fan of Trump's tough guy talk.  But really not a fan of the left letting criminals back onto the streets...... essentially the left is giving the criminal aspect of the protesting a pass which emboldens them......or the selective reporting that happens to further a narrative......ie Rittenhouse.  I mean I saw trevor noah give his little speech how he couldnt believe what the cops did to Blake and why they didn't shoot Rittenhouse.....he made it all about race......but I suppose this is all about fitting a narrative whether it's the truth or not, at this point.  I mean I guess Noah prolly saw the headline and pictured a deranged militia member, white teen just picking off innocent protesters cuz that's how it was first presented......it should be criminal how the media is reporting things these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Laughing
Link?  
Trump call his protestors peaceful

Uhhh yeahh

Trump on Rittenhouse

He seems to have no issues with his people coming into Portland to spray people down and shoot paintballs into crowds. Peaceful!

No clue what he’s rambling about with the plane. An aide read it on 4chan probably and handed it to him. I love that our President openly discusses conspiracy theories daily and we don’t even bat an eye anymore. 

Rittenhouse situation is more nuanced. The president makes this worse by not addressing that we don’t need people, Rittenhouse is a kid, coming into this situation with guns. Terrible situation. 

I'm not a fan of Trump's tough guy talk.  But really not a fan of the left letting criminals back onto the streets...... essentially the left is giving the criminal aspect of the protesting a pass which emboldens them......or the selective reporting that happens to further a narrative......ie Rittenhouse.  I mean I saw trevor noah give his little speech how he couldnt believe what the cops did to Blake and why they didn't shoot Rittenhouse.....he made it all about race......but I suppose this is all about fitting a narrative whether it's the truth or not, at this point.  I mean I guess Noah prolly saw the headline and pictured a deranged militia member, white teen just picking off innocent protesters cuz that's how it was first presented......it should be criminal how the media is reporting things these days.
Rittenhouse should not have been there with his gun is the bottom line. Crazy to me someone would do this. The looting, fires, criminal behavior is awful and so counter productive to anything positive coming out of this but some kid coming there to “help” is such a bad idea. 

The video of him walking up the street after shots have been fired and law enforcement are rolling in is nuts. Shots have been fired, a kid is walking up the street with his long gun and he walks right up to a cop car. The of the humvee looking police vehicles drive right by him. 

• Sad

Look, I'm a registered Republican, but I have to point out that this isn't at all a fair characterization of what she was doing. She was merely advocating for a group to help fund general defendants who applied for help to post their bails. Such action is consistent with the general movement across the country of bail reform as there is meaningful empirical evidence that shows that, arguably, bonds were being set arbitrarily high. 

What you're saying is about as intellectually unfair as a democrat saying Trump advocated for George Floyd's death. 

What are you talking about?

Rittenhouse should not have been there with his gun is the bottom line. Crazy to me someone would do this. The looting, fires, criminal behavior is awful and so counter productive to anything positive coming out of this but some kid coming there to “help” is such a bad idea. 

The video of him walking up the street after shots have been fired and law enforcement are rolling in is nuts. Shots have been fired, a kid is walking up the street with his long gun and he walks right up to a cop car. The of the humvee looking police vehicles drive right by him. 
All I'm saying is the way things are presented by the media is a big deal......I mean think about how the Rittenhouse and Blake incidents were first reported......the stories are presented in a way as to incite emotion, and get people fired up.....I'm not condoning any of what actually happened... That's not my point......

There's no actual concern with the context of these incidents.......it's not accidental.  It's by design.

Of course they are enabling them.   Shame on the Democratic Party. 

Democrats will lose more races in 2020 as a bi-product, so that is a wonderful thing.

What are you talking about?
In Oregon they are not charging people arrested during the riots....it's a whole thing up here.

And there's been an allowance of criminal activity during all of this......it emboldens criminals if they feel they will receive no consequences.....it's common sense.

All I'm saying is the way things are presented by the media is a big deal......I mean think about how the Rittenhouse and Blake incidents were first reported......the stories are presented in a way as to incite emotion, and get people fired up.....I'm not condoning any of what actually happened... That's not my point......

There's no actual concern with the context of these incidents.......it's not accidental.  It's by design.
Media for profit is definitely going to have some stuff around to generate clicks, views.

The viewers should have accountability here as well. 

Media for profit is definitely going to have some stuff around to generate clicks, views.

The viewers should have accountability here as well. 
Ok, sure, but there is a honed in agenda here.....that's my point.....it's not just for clicks.

Ok, sure, but there is a honed in agenda here.....that's my point.....it's not just for clicks.
Cable news has an agenda certainly, not like they try and hide it. Isn't like 75% of their programming "opinion" versus news?

Viewers need to have accountability. You should be able to tell between news and BS. 

I can tell when Lawrence O'Donnell is going on one of his hack rants. I can tell when Hannity is doing the same (his lips are moving).

Cable news has an agenda certainly, not like they try and hide it. Isn't like 75% of their programming "opinion" versus news?

Viewers need to have accountability. You should be able to tell between news and BS. 

I can tell when Lawrence O'Donnell is going on one of his hack rants. I can tell when Hannity is doing the same (his lips are moving).
I get your point.  The talking heads are trying to sell books.....  But I'm talking about actual reporting of these incidents......if I only saw the headlines or the initial reports (which the majority of people do, seems like) on the Rittenhouse incident, I would think he was literally walking down the street picking off poor, innocent, protesters.......well, if you dig deeper, you find out that's not how it went down.  When I first saw the Blake shooting it was a snippet of the officer grabbing his shirt and shooting him......and it's presented that he was going to his vehicle because his kids were in there.....again, dig deeper, there's a lot more going on there. The officer did not just decide he was going to shoot blake in the back for no reason.......context matters.  

Great third thread on the same topic.  Are "The Democrats" to blame for the summary execution of black men and a corresponding unwillingness to discuss police reform, equating these deaths/murders to nothing more than a missed three foot putt?  How about the pandering to white supremacist groups and energizing a heavily armed white militia to intimidate and suppress the protests?  The widespread corruption in the current administration?  Blatant voter suppression and election interference through the politicization of the USPS, gerrymandering, and the willful solicitation of Russian and other foreign interference?  The complete refusal to address climate change and the gutting of environmental agencies?  The rejection of scientific fact and, for that matter, basic truths?  A complete abdication of leadership during a pandemic that has killed nearly 185,000 Americans? 10% unemployment?  Massive federal debt?  And on and on.  

There are reasons why people are angry and are taking to the streets, and it is not because "The Democrats" told them to.  Sure, there are "bad actors" and opportunists who commit property damage and act out violently, but focusing on these bad actors deflects away from the core reasons for the protests, and that refusal to engage just makes people who are angry about these things more angry.  You want the protests to magically go away?  Engage in a discussion and listen, don't just gripe about broken windows.        

Users who are viewing this thread