Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Capella

2020 (and beyond) Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Tom Brady is here, somehow

Recommended Posts

So we had a thread for the last decade. Started with Schiano I believe. But new decade, new (old) jerseys and TOM BRADY. How could we not have a new thread? 
 

Look at this offense:

Brady 

Rojo

Fournette

McCoy

Evans

Godwin 

Some white slot guys who will catch 85 balls under Brady

Gronk

OJ

Brate

 

:excited: 

Edited by Capella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

Rojo?  Seriously?

 

Pretty commonly called that here so yea 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big test week 1. Feels weird that it’s only a little over a week away.
 

Local stations have been showing old replays in the preseason game time slots.  27-10 brrrrrrr game in Philly last week. 
 

Can they recapture that glimpse of magic? They haven’t won a playoff game since the Super Bowl. 
 

Talent everywhere. Should be an exciting season if they can get the whole thing in uninterrupted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capella said:

So we had a thread for the last decade. Started with Schiano I believe. But new decade, new (old) jerseys and TOM BRADY. How could we not have a new thread? 
 

Look at this offense:

Brady 

Rojo

Fournette

McCoy

Evans

Godwin 

Some white slot guys who will catch 85 balls under Brady

Gronk

OJ

Brate

 

:excited: 

How long will the old man make it behind that OL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JetMaxx said:

How long will the old man make it behind that OL?

I think their metrics will greatly improve with a QB that won’t hold the ball. They were also ranked 7th by PFF in 2019. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will always love me some Brady. But the Bucs are starting to remind me of the Browns. Tons of talent on offense. If this were 2007 Brady, he could have posted the same numbers as he did that year in NE. But I don’t think he is close to that anymore. I hope I am wrong, but I fear that TB12 will get absolutely crushed by a missed block or a blitz and may not get up In one piece and that could be the last we get to see of Tom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I will always love me some Brady. But the Bucs are starting to remind me of the Browns. Tons of talent on offense. If this were 2007 Brady, he could have posted the same numbers as he did that year in NE. But I don’t think he is close to that anymore. I hope I am wrong, but I fear that TB12 will get absolutely crushed by a missed block or a blitz and may not get up In one piece and that could be the last we get to see of Tom. 

37% Lenny will make this happen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JetMaxx said:

How long will the old man make it behind that OL?

A long time? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I will always love me some Brady. But the Bucs are starting to remind me of the Browns. Tons of talent on offense. If this were 2007 Brady, he could have posted the same numbers as he did that year in NE. But I don’t think he is close to that anymore. I hope I am wrong, but I fear that TB12 will get absolutely crushed by a missed block or a blitz and may not get up In one piece and that could be the last we get to see of Tom. 

I don’t think you hope you’re wrong at all and you sound like a divorcee who got the steak knives while the still hot wife moved on for greener pastures. 
 

The Browns? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Browns :lmao: 

 

I’m gonna say Brady and Arians is a little better than Mayfield and whatever idiot coach they had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Grahamburn said:

I don’t think you hope you’re wrong at all and you sound like a divorcee who got the steak knives while the still hot wife moved on for greener pastures. 
 

The Browns? 

OBJ, Landry, Njoku, Chubb, Hunt. Last year people were all over Cleveland having a high octane offense and would take the AFC North. After years of suffering, the Browns were finally back. And then they went 6-10. 

Some people are saying the Bucs are winning the SB. Skip Bayless has said they are winning the next 2 SBs. There is talk of Brady setting a TD passing record. 

Also lost in any analysis is that Arians runs plays that are much farther downfield and take way longer to develop. They are not the 4 yard dump offs that NE ran forever. Brady will be exposed way more than he was in NE. BB knew Brady needed to get rid of the ball quickly or risk getting mauled.

I am not sure the downfield Arians system will fit with Brady. Arians wanted Winston to air it out and take chances. That is not what Brady does . . . meaning there will be plays where he holds onto the ball even longer. And Brady was not good at all the second half of the season for the Patriots. But that’s why they play the games . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

OBJ, Landry, Njoku, Chubb, Hunt. Last year people were all over Cleveland having a high octane offense and would take the AFC North. After years of suffering, the Browns were finally back. And then they went 6-10. 

Some people are saying the Bucs are winning the SB. Skip Bayless has said they are winning the next 2 SBs. There is talk of Brady setting a TD passing record. 

Also lost in any analysis is that Arians runs plays that are much farther downfield and take way longer to develop. They are not the 4 yard dump offs that NE ran forever. Brady will be exposed way more than he was in NE. BB knew Brady needed to get rid of the ball quickly or risk getting mauled.

I am not sure the downfield Arians system will fit with Brady. Arians wanted Winston to air it out and take chances. That is not what Brady does . . . meaning there will be plays where he holds onto the ball even longer. And Brady was not good at all the second half of the season for the Patriots. But that’s why they play the games . . .

Arians has said multiple times he has tailored the system more to what Tom can do. It’s ridiculous to think he would bring in Tom Brady and not adjust the offense from what fit Jameis Winston. Come on. 
 

The Browns thing is a total non-sequitor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New thread. New uniforms. New QB. Same old Bucs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

per Arians, the first pick was read correctly by Evans and incorrectly by Brady, and the second pick was a bad decision by Brady.

I didn't see the first pick.  The second one looked like a bad throw (inside shoulder on an out route) versus a bad decision.

Arian's seeming bogus comment about the second pick makes me want to see the footage of the first pick.

I'm guessing the Bucs and the Cowboys and a few other teams are better than what they showed this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

per Arians, the first pick was read correctly by Evans and incorrectly by Brady, and the second pick was a bad decision by Brady.

I didn't see the first pick.  The second one looked like a bad throw (inside shoulder on an out route) versus a bad decision.

Arian's seeming bogus comment about the second pick makes me want to see the footage of the first pick.

I'm guessing the Bucs and the Cowboys and a few other teams are better than what they showed this week.

Evans read zone and ran underneath the deep coverage and stopped. Brady thought he would continue on a seam route. Even if Evans kept running, it seemed like a poor decision. Lots of defenders in the area. 

LINK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Evans read zone and ran underneath the deep coverage and stopped. Brady thought he would continue on a seam route. Even if Evans kept running, it seemed like a poor decision. Lots of defenders in the area. 

LINK

Brady looked terrible on a bunch of throws.  Dumping it into triple coverage repeatedly.  Tough week 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we not entertained? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady could be throwing to 4 future HOF receivers in a few weeks. What a difference from his last few years in NE.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A year ago last week the Bucs were in England and Jameis threw 5 or 6 picks and the Bucs got smoked by a bad Carolina team. Not coincidentally, we were going out for breakfast to watch the game and my kid got sick and puked all over me. 
 

A year later they have Tom Brady, are in first place, have maybe the best D in the league, a trio of wideouts that may be unmatched in recent history and also Gronk for some reason. What a wild turn of events. 

Edited by Capella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An odd snapshot of the NFL season, forgot about Schiano coaching the Bucs. 

Just not a huge amount of posts or energy in the SP this season and that's after a long and steady decline in participation over the last 10 years. Sort of in synch with your thread Cap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Capella said:

A year ago last week the Bucs were in England and Jameis threw 5 or 6 picks and the Bucs got smoked by a bad Carolina team. Not coincidentally, we were going out for breakfast to watch the game and my kid got sick and puked all over me. 
 

A year later they have Tom Brady, are in first place, have maybe the best D in the league, a trio of wideouts that may be unmatched in recent history and also Gronk for some reason. What a wild turn of events. 

They did hire a Win Now coach that has way overqualified Asst Coaches all over the staff, they did everything they could to make Winston a star and I believe it's one of the reasons he isn't playing(starting) on another team right now. 

They have a Win Now QB that has a limited window. Brady has looked his best when teams are giving the games away. Some of his decisive victories this season have come at the hands of his defense creating turnovers and opportunities which he is very good at cashing in on. 

It's time to start talking about the Bucs and how they will play out beyond the regular season. They still have a ways to go but the packers victory was pretty decisive. 

Edited by Ministry of Pain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

An odd snapshot of the NFL season, forgot about Schiano coaching the Bucs. 

Just not a huge amount of posts or energy in the SP this season and that's after a long and steady decline in participation over the last 10 years. Sort of in synch with your thread Cap. 

Most people have left message boards like this one for the ease of Twitter, or the volume of Reddit. 

Edited by Capella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Capella said:

Weird seeing them this dominant. 

Watching the other team flat out quit two weeks in a row is a sight for sore eyes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bucs now lead the league in points scored. They also are +80 in point differential, also tops in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grahamburn said:

Bucs now lead the league in points scored. They also are +80 in point differential, also tops in the league.

They had a slow start which was probably needed with so many new pieces there.  They should keep this up and get even better with easier matchups and brown coming up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grahamburn said:

Bucs now lead the league in points scored. They also are +80 in point differential, also tops in the league.

Just wait to see what it looks like after they eviscerate the giants next Monday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Granted it was vs the Raiders, but Brady looked unstoppable.  He has a running game that must be respected +  an offensive line doing a better job of protecting and a receiving corps of Evans, Godwin, Gronk, Scotty Miller, Antonio Brown and others.  And my God, their schedule the rest of the way....

Giants, Saints (home), Panthers, Rams (home), Chiefs (home), bye, then the playoffs Vikings (home), @ Falcons, @ Lions.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four of those games on the schedule look tough, actually. Saints, Panthers, Rams, Chiefs are not teams to sneeze at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Four of those games on the schedule look tough, actually. Saints, Panthers, Rams, Chiefs are not teams to sneeze at.

Yeah, I hear you.  Panthers, Rams, and Chiefs are highly ranked but all can get gashed.  Just don't throw to Ramsey's side vs the Rams.  Will have to pass block vs. Donald. Chiefs can get to the passer, too.  Saints are ranked 29th vs QBs. 

I just think too many weapons and in the red zone that back shoulder to Gronk is back to being unstoppable.  We'll see.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Judge Smails said:

I just think too many weapons and in the red zone that back shoulder to Gronk is back to being unstoppable.  We'll see.  

I think you're right for the most part. Just going for something to talk about is all. Chiefs could be a Super Bowl preview if thinks break right for both teams.

We shall see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just happy for the Bucs to be relevant. Usually, at this point in the season, they are practically eliminated from the playoffs. 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

In 2019, Tampa Bay's offensive players were credited with 29 tackles.

Halfway through this 2020 season, they have one.

-Greg Auman on Twitter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.