What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB James Robinson, NE (1 Viewer)

So puzzled on this guy. The hype is making it exciting but it’s the Jags and best a nobody. This is the ultimate mystery box.

Very anxious to see this guy play tomorrow.  I'm starting him over some decent players (Sterling Shepherd and Jonathan Taylor) in my flex spot.

But why not pick him up on the off chance he flashes week 1.  He is a starting RB for an NFL team that will get carries with little competition at the moment.  It costs you very little to nothing to pick him up.  There probably won't be a bigger upside opportunity all year.
I used to chase a lot of low pedigree RB on bad teams like this. Just seems like a low probability hit when I like the upside of other players on my roster. Plus, Armstead will be back.

Good luck to all though, I'll probably be wrong on this one.

I used to chase a lot of low pedigree RB on bad teams like this. Just seems like a low probability hit when I like the upside of other players on my roster. Plus, Armstead will be back.

Perfect player to get off the waiver wire and move for a 2021 2nd rd pick IMO.

Well, if you have players on your roster that you think have more upside then you should not drop them to acquire Robinson.  I just don't think there are many end of bench options that have more upside.

ha, well that answered my prior question about how often this situation has occured (not in the last 30 years).

interesting the article states marone liked what he saw early in camp so much that he went back to watch all of his 2019 game tape during camp. need to start someone in place of sanders... and still debating between moss, rojo and robinson
I was just watching the press conference for this, here's him talking about going back to watch all of his college tape after what he saw in practice.

He's on my waiver wire (10-team league) but I just can't talk myself into grabbing him. I'd have to cut Ruggs, DJax, or Higbee. And while I don't need Higbee (also have Kittle), I feel like Higbee is going to make better trade bait than Robinson.

He's on my waiver wire (10-team league) but I just can't talk myself into grabbing him. I'd have to cut Ruggs, DJax, or Higbee. And while I don't need Higbee (also have Kittle), I feel like Higbee is going to make better trade bait than Robinson.
I might cut DJax in that situation if I feel my RBs are weak. Feels like in a 10 team league he probably isn't a huge value due to the abundance of usable WRs.

eoMMan said:
Very anxious to see this guy play tomorrow.  I'm starting him over some decent players (Sterling Shepherd and Jonathan Taylor) in my flex spot.
Obviously not the forum for this ... but I'm weighing P. Lindsay, James White, and James Robinson right now. Got White penciled in at the moment and White feels like the "smart" play. Such a crapshoot.

Isn't fantasy football kind of due for an out-of-nowhere star? Seems like it's been a while since FF has really been taken by surprise in a major way.

Obviously not the forum for this ... but I'm weighing P. Lindsay, James White, and James Robinson right now. Got White penciled in at the moment and White feels like the "smart" play. Such a crapshoot.

Isn't fantasy football kind of due for an out-of-nowhere star? Seems like it's been a while since FF has really been taken by surprise in a major way.
I ended up going with Shepherd.  Indy has an improved defensive line and who really knows how Robinson will play in his very first NFL game. Super risky.

Random aside, but noticing it the most in this Colts / Jags game -- anyone else noticing horrifically wrong stats being reported on ESPN?

He went from 5 / 35 on the ground, to 4/23, to now 8 / 56. I have no idea what's real anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Random aside, but noticing it the most in this Colts / Jags game -- anyone else noticing horrifically wrong stats being reported on ESPN?

He went from 5 / 35 on the ground, to 4/23, to now 8 / 56. I have no idea what's real anymore.
Yahoo app showing 10 for 61.

Nice little start and nice to see him involved. 

91 yds from scrimmage, including a 28-yd reception. Not watching game, so I’m not able to apply the eye test to Robinson.

Jaguars RB James Robinson rushed 16 times for 62 yards, adding one catch for 28 yards in Jacksonville's Week 1 win over the Colts.

Robinson admittedly looked much spryer than his 4.64 40-time suggests, weaving behind Jacksonville's o-line en route to breaking the record for the most rushing yards (62) on opening day by an undrafted free agent. He also handled every running back carry (16) for Jacksonville, churning for 28 yards on his lone reception. Game scripts conducive for Robinson's workload will come and go, but he's clearly locked in as the team's workhorse in competitive situations. He'll be a usage-based RB2/3 in Week 2 against the Titans.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks A LOT better than I imagined he would. Hopefully his scripts work out for him going forward. 

I can’t find the tweet any more, but it stated Robinson was the only running back to take ALL of the teams running back carries this week.

At least we found ourself a guy not currently in a committee.

In my dynasty league he was somehow free. No one picked him up, I assumed someone had, but he was there on Saturday and I dropped my 2nd Def to get him. Feeling pretty great even if his success is short lived. 

I have Mack and Taylor..

Hines, Kelley, and Robinson all out there....pretty sure kelley and hines will result in a bidding war.....I think I will try to dump mack for Robinson while everyone else fighting over the other two......keep waiver budget intact

Sound crazy?

I have Mack and Taylor..

Hines, Kelley, and Robinson all out there....pretty sure kelley and hines will result in a bidding war.....I think I will try to dump mack for Robinson while everyone else fighting over the other two......keep waiver budget intact

Sound crazy?
What makes you think there will be a bidding war OVER an RB who appears to be the new bellcow for his team?

I can’t find the tweet any more, but it stated Robinson was the only running back to take ALL of the teams running back carries this week.

At least we found ourself a guy not currently in a committee.
for now, they dont have another RB on the roster suited to take carries. ozigbo wont be gone forever... neither will armstead.

for now, they dont have another RB on the roster suited to take carries. ozigbo wont be gone forever... neither will armstead.
This is true.   He is going to split carries to some degree eventually.    He may grab the lead role by then though and get most of the carries.   

The reception looked very natural to me. Would expect we see more of that going forward. 

Reminder: first NFL game after ZERO preseason games and he still totals 90+ yards and a reception. 

Very happy to own him everywhere. 

What makes you think there will be a bidding war OVER an RB who appears to be the new bellcow for his team?
There might be....but since it's the Jags, and Hines/Kelley have gotten more hype....and I know the ekeler owner is going to go for Kelley.....I dunno, but I'm going for Robinson

On an NFL Sunday where we saw zero 100-yard rushers, I thought Robinson made a nice showing.  Without preseason games, it seemed the running games suffered a little bit.  I expect Robinson to only get better, and his lone reception looked good.  Hopefully, the Jags will get Robinson more involved as a receiver in the coming weeks.

I finally saw all his touches and thought he looked great early and that they had him stuffed up a bit later on. I didn't watch the game so I can't say how much that might have been due to Colts adjustments, Robinson getting gassed, or some combo thereof. Either way I love the way this is shaping up, and I am curious if anyone has any insight as to how the OL played generally. Either in run or pass game.

Users who are viewing this thread