What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Titans (1 Viewer)

Bri

Footballguy
I figure we probably need a thread to keep up with this for 2020

Don't change the title. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Madison Blevins (works for the Titans) reporting that Pruitt told her that Titans have 7 or 8 players with Covid, no details as of now and with cuts that number could change.

Madison Blevins (works for the Titans) reporting that Pruitt told her that Titans have 7 or 8 players with Covid, no details as of now and with cuts that number could change.
Blevins reported that Tennessee Vols head coach Jeremy Pruitt told her "his team" had 7 or 8 players with COVID.  Not the Titans TE.

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
Jaguars placed RB Ryquell Armstead on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Dubbed the main beneficiary early on following the Leonard Fournette ouster, Amstead is back on the COVID-19 list for the second time this summer. He's also battled a groin injury in between. It's let Devine Ozigbo and rookie UDFA James Robinson run away with lead-back duties with Chris Thompson handling clear pass-game work.
Jaguars RB Ryquell Armstead (reserve/COVID-19) was expected to open the season in a backup role.

Armstead missed 18 days during his first COVID-19 stint. Even when healthy, it's looking like he's behind James Robinson and Devine Ozigbo. Armstead isn’t a lock to be active when he returns.

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
I read your thread title as a call to arms. "Out out damn spot" sort of thing. 

I came here to post a "Hell yeah!" The sooner we destroy this damn thing, the better. 

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
1h
Maybe obvious but still incredible: After testing yesterday, all 3,600 players and team personnel, and another 1,400 gameday assistants, all have been cleared for today’s games, per source.

A rather remarkable feat for the league and its players.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
1h
Maybe obvious but still incredible: After testing yesterday, all 3,600 players and team personnel, and another 1,400 gameday assistants, all have been cleared for today’s games, per source.

A rather remarkable feat for the league and its players.
I'm calling BS

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Titans had three players and five personnel test positive for COVID-19.

It's the first true breakout the league has faced, forcing the Titans and Vikings (Tennessee's Week 3 opponent) to suspend all in-person activities and continue working closely with the NFL, the NFLPA and infectious disease experts to ensure all protocols are met. There's also an above-average chance Sunday's Steelers-Titans game is postponed since Tennessee will be out of their own facilities until Saturday. One would imagine the league prepared for this scenario given the current times, but it's a situation to monitor nonetheless ahead of Week 4.

- Rotoworld
Going to be interesting to see how the NFL "handles this". And by "handles this" I mean completely gets everything FUBAR.

Let's see...AJ Brown was OUT anyways but Corey Davis owners will be grumpy and Henry owners will lose their minds if he is one of the 3-5 who tested positive. Johnnu Smith will hurt a lot of owners, Tannehill might not be a QB1 but many would use him thru Bye Weeks ahead. 

Ouch all the way around and then the Steelers would leave huge holes

Vikings facility being shut down as well. What a cluster. NFL didn’t build in any weeks where it would be possible to makeup games. But how do you play a game if you’re the Vikings even if everyone gets cleared when you haven’t been allowed to practice for who knows how long? So now you have 2 games not played.

And how does this affect fantasy now? Suddenly every guy from those 4 teams is just out this week? If they figure out how to make it up do you go back and add those points into this week’s scores? Fantasy football about to get all jacked up along with the NFL season.

Good job Titans!

This by far IMO should be the Top story going because here we have an incredible Playoff Level game in Week 4 where many fans will want to tune in and there will be almost no way they can play this football game. 

5 coaches or personnel and 3 Players? It will be interesting to see what the NFL does and I can only speculate but I would say from my own experience locally here in Florida, that game could easily be cancelled. Now I don't know how they make that game up or add it to the end fo the season but how can they play a game on Sunday when you have to quarantine for like 7-10 days? 

Incredible turn of events and signals the perils you are going to experience BETTING on the NFL this season because that's what this boils down to. You wouldn't care quite as much but we all are "invested" in some way and I'll leave it at that. I was hesitant to play any big money stakes leagues this year and part of the reason is this. I hope it works out for everyone though. 

Vikings facility being shut down as well. What a cluster. NFL didn’t build in any weeks where it would be possible to makeup games. But how do you play a game if you’re the Vikings even if everyone gets cleared when you haven’t been allowed to practice for who knows how long? So now you have 2 games not played.

And how does this affect fantasy now? Suddenly every guy from those 4 teams is just out this week? If they figure out how to make it up do you go back and add those points into this week’s scores? Fantasy football about to get all jacked up along with the NFL season.

Good job Titans!
We don't know who they were in contact with, but the ramifications are massive. Justin Jefferson was probably goign to be the #1 FAAB  pickup on waivers, but if the Vikings get shut down/he has COVID, now what? His team misses a week or he goes to IR-COVID for 3 weeks... gonna really depend on your league settings/rules.

They had to have thought about this scenario and have some plans to make it work.  I like the idea of making this a bye week for everyone.  Even if they have to postpone the Super Bowl by a few weeks if needed, they should have some plans for this kind of situation.

They had to have thought about this scenario and have some plans to make it work.  I like the idea of making this a bye week for everyone.  Even if they have to postpone the Super Bowl by a few weeks if needed, they should have some plans for this kind of situation.
No way that works.

Do they make it a bye week for everyone again the next time it happens?

God I hope you're right.

No way that works.

I think the answer is yes. I have doubts they would go this route, but if they do bump everyone once they can certainly do it twice. They had said they could start the season as late as sometime in October and still get 16 weeks and the playoffs in. So there is still *some* wiggle room theoretically. Otherwise this is my worst nightmare about this season come true. It's not going to be just these players we heard about today.

No way that works.

I have spent all of 60 seconds thinking about this.  They should have some plans in place.  There was a lot of talk before the season started about not even being able to have a full season if things like this happen.  You can start by kicking it down 1 week for now but if it keeps coming up then they might have to do something else obviously.  I'm not against postponing it for the next couple/few times it happens, though.  It's not like the Super Bowl is going to be in Green Bay in the dead of winter.

Users who are viewing this thread