What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's discuss these RBs potentially on last legs (1 Viewer)

Tool

Footballguy
I'm just not sure what to make of these guys that are all potential RB 2s maybe even possibly more, but could also be a complete disaster. 

Gurley
David Johnson
Leveon Bell
Gordon

Does anyone like any of these guys, or maybe just avoid them all?

Targeting Johnson. If he can stay healthy he should be back in the RB1 tier. Zero competition and a potent offense.

Mildly interested in Gurley if he falls far enough. I'm more likely to go with a Mostert or Taylor in that range.

Avoiding Bell and Gordon. Especially Bell. That situation looks like an absolute disaster. Gordon looks like a RBBC headache.

I like DJ, and Gurley this season if the price is right......both on good offenses.....both should put up solid numbers.  Gordon will prolly get a decent amount of TD's and a big game here and there, but I'm more of Lindsay guy.....Bell I don't believe in.  He chased the money from a winning organization to a perpetual loser.  His coach doesnt like him.....I tend to avoid jets in FF anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t have a problem with Gurley or Johnson. They are both on what’s expected to be good offenses. If they both turned in a top 8 performance, it wouldn’t be that shocking to me.

I'm just not sure what to make of these guys that are all potential RB 2s maybe even possibly more, but could also be a complete disaster. 

Gurley
David Johnson
Leveon Bell
Gordon

Ingram should be assed to this list.

i like David Johnson more than all and it’s not close: 

he’s relatively young, has low mileage, high talent level, and a broken wrist isn’t the type of soft tissue injury that has lasting effects. 

Johnson has been more “snake bit” the last 2 years. He’s in a great situation, should get 250+ touches with ~50 receptions. Love his late 3rd ADP, too. Wish I’d landed him. 

Bell’s situation is troubling. He’s on a meh offense with a coach who never wanted him. He’s an aging mercenary who will cede touches to another RB ten years older 

Bell’s situation is troubling. He’s on a meh offense with a coach who never wanted him. He’s an aging mercenary who will cede touches to another RB ten years older 
Agreed.  He's an avoid.  The only problem with Gurley, Johnson and Gordon is efficient and possibly overly optimistic market pricing.

he’s relatively young, has low mileage, high talent level, and a broken wrist isn’t the type of soft tissue injury that has lasting effects. 

Johnson has been more “snake bit” the last 2 years. He’s in a great situation, should get 250+ touches with ~50 receptions. Love his late 3rd ADP, too. Wish I’d landed him. 
David Johnson is 28 and will turn 29 in December.  

Gurley just turned 26.

Very odd to say that Johnson is young.

Very odd to say that Johnson is young.
More low mileage for his age was my point. That’s what I meant by “relatively young” - he’s hardly played the last couple seasons, so his age relative to his peers/relative to the amount of abuse.

its really not very odd when you read the full sentence instead of paraphrasing what I wrote. :thumbup:

The wrist made him miss all but one quarter in 2018. In 2019 he looked terrible due in part to a back and an ankle injury - those things may have last effects. He left one game after a carry with the back injury.

He’s set up for a large workload but let’s see if he can do so and stay healthy. I don’t think you’ll regret missing him.

Gurley
David Johnson
Leveon Bell
Gordon

Crazy coincidence, but I drafted all four in an PPR auction league. These are the only RB’s on my roster, but I plan to add a lottery ticket. Paid more for Gurley & Johnson. 

Winning bids were $30/$25/$17/$15 for Johnson/Gurley/Bell/Gordon.

If three of the perform as RB2/RB2/RB2, or if two of the perform as RB1/RB2, then I am ok.  I like Gurley’s opportunity the most.

I'll never understand the DJ love.  He had one amazing year and has been injured since. Not good.

Bell has no chance at doing anything with Gase as his coach.

Gurley and Gordon aren't going to be on my team because of their price but I can see them being quality rb2s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Targeting Johnson. If he can stay healthy he should be back in the RB1 tier. Zero competition and a potent offense.

Mildly interested in Gurley if he falls far enough. I'm more likely to go with a Mostert or Taylor in that range.

Avoiding Bell and Gordon. Especially Bell. That situation looks like an absolute disaster. Gordon looks like a RBBC headache.
I avoided Johnson...but really don't know why...more just his past few years being frustrating.

Agreed on Gurley...and yeah, ended up with him in 2 leagues (and after I had taken Mostert).  And took them ahead of Bell and Gordon.  Though, ended up with Gordon as an RB3 in one league that is TD heavy. We will see if that is wise.

He’s set up for a large workload but let’s see if he can do so and stay healthy. I don’t think you’ll regret missing him.
Yeah - it’s a dice roll, but at his ADP it’s a good one. Guy in my IDP got him 4.12 after going WR/WR so not a bad pull if he stays on the field. 

More low mileage for his age was my point. That’s what I meant by “relatively young” - he’s hardly played the last couple seasons, so his age relative to his peers/relative to the amount of abuse.

its really not very odd when you read the full sentence instead of paraphrasing what I wrote. :thumbup:
Understand your point when phrased as “he has low mileage relative to his age.”  That isn’t actually what you wrote originally (“he’s relatively young, has low mileage...”).   Those appear to be separate points.

Anyway, yeah, he DOES have low mileage relative to his age because A) he was 23.5 years old when he got drafted, B) he’s missed most of the past two seasons due to injury.

Hope he bounces back.  Always been a fan.

Understand your point when phrased as “he has low mileage relative to his age.”  That isn’t actually what you wrote originally (“he’s relatively young, has low mileage...”).   Those appear to be separate points.
it’s just how my brain functions - stream of consciousness. They were one meandering poorly written point. It’s 102 at my farmers market & I’m cooked. 

Anyway, yeah, he DOES have low mileage relative to his age because A) he was 23.5 years old when he got drafted, B) he’s missed most of the past two seasons due to injury.

Hope he bounces back.  Always been a fan.
The receptions alone should do it. If not I have Duke Johnson in Dynasty & as my RB5 in redraft, so if he goes down I get a jackpot. :pickle:  

it’s just how my brain functions - stream of consciousness. They were one meandering poorly written point. It’s 102 at my farmers market & I’m cooked. 

The receptions alone should do it. If not I have Duke Johnson in Dynasty & as my RB5 in redraft, so if he goes down I get a jackpot. :pickle:  
All good man.  Hope he delivers!

Users who are viewing this thread