What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which QB, RB, WR situations are not going to end like the masses think? (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
Put on the Nostradamus (sp) hat and predict which offensive situations are going to look different next week than the masses expect.

Like Zack takes the job in Buffalo next week and doesn’t look back.

I think Tom Brady finishes somewhere between quarterback 12 and quarterback 14.

The teeming masses seem to have him top five. I think he Is QB9 (off the board) 

Last edited by a moderator:
Adrian Peterson becomes the first thousand yard rusher for Detroit since Reggie Bush did it in 2013.

(this one is just because I think it would be hilarious)

Hot Sauce Guy said:

The teeming masses seem to have him top five. I think he Is QB9.
Hes not being drafted as a top 5 pick in any of my leagues.

I keep getting him late. And am okay with it but still skeptical.  

I rode the Winston train last year after Wentz didn’t pan out, so I’m excited about the weapons he has and am hopeful he can still get it into open spaces.

Hes not being drafted as a top 5 pick in any of my leagues.

I keep getting him late. And am okay with it but still skeptical.  

I rode the Winston train last year after Wentz didn’t pan out, so I’m excited about the weapons he has and am hopeful he can still get it into open spaces.
His draft position has nothing to do with my post. 

There’s been lots of talk of Brady finishing as a top-five quarterback based on his weapons by fantasy writers and fantasy managers alike.

I am disagreeing with that sentiment. I think you’re going to get exactly what you pay for Tom Brady this year. not a terrible quarterback, but not somebody I would want as my QB1.

I have a much easier time imagining Brady putting up big numbers that bad numbers personally. So much talent at the skilled positions and a coach that's had a chub for him for years. 

I have a much easier time imagining Brady putting up big numbers that bad numbers personally. So much talent at the skilled positions and a coach that's had a chub for him for years. 
Sure - that’s why everyone thinks he’s gonna have a monster year.

i saw a lot of Brady last year. I thought he looked kinda washed. His deep passes were wobbly & he didn’t seem to have the same killer instinct to sense pressure in the pocket. 

maybe that was Pats burnout - I dunno. I just didn’t see the old Brady out there. I had him traded in Superflex dynasty the second the ink was dry on the TB contract. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:

The teeming masses seem to have him top five. I think he Is QB9.
Hi Hot Sauce Guy, I’m Johnny. I’m trying to turn over a new leaf and B Goode. I apologize to you and others who have had to deal with some childish behaviors from me. Haven’t been in a Goode place lately but that’s not anyone’s fault here. I will try to disagree more respectfully and contribute in a positive way here on out. I appreciate the 2nd chance. 

with all due respect, this doesn’t make a lot of sense if you have him 9 but also think he finishes 12-14. I agree with you, however, that he is in the 9-14 range, probably closer to 10-14

My predictions:

CEH finishes as RB8 or lower. Not as high as some here have him

Diggs finishes top 12 as his position as well as Josh Allen 

By end of year JK Dobbins is the starter in Baltimore and averaging top 15 points thereafter he takes over

Edwards is the SOTD for rookie drafts and finishes just outside of the top 24, anointed as the 2020 McLaurin

Haskins doesn’t finish the season as the starting QB

Jalen Hurts finishes the season as the Eagles starting QB

with CEH, it just feels like at best he'll be an RB6-8, worst... could be pretty bad for the ADP you pay. i think the other KC backs will be involved. which scares me as im drafting 9th and may have a shot at him

with CEH, it just feels like at best he'll be an RB6-8, worst... could be pretty bad for the ADP you pay. i think the other KC backs will be involved. which scares me as im drafting 9th and may have a shot at him
I’d say RB5-10 is within tolerance of what you’re paying for him. not really bold unless you’re saying he’ll be a bust. If you think he’s RB6-8, you should definitely pick him at 9. I wouldn’t pick him over Henry. 

Sure - that’s why everyone thinks he’s gonna have a monster year.

i saw a lot of Brady last year. I thought he looked kinda washed. His deep passes were wobbly & he didn’t seem to have the same killer instinct to sense pressure in the pocket. 

maybe that was Pats burnout - I dunno. I just didn’t see the old Brady out there. I had him traded in Superflex dynasty the second the ink was dry on the TB contract. 

Hi Hot Sauce Guy, I’m Johnny. I’m trying to turn over a new leaf and B Goode. I apologize to you and others who have had to deal with some childish behaviors from me. Haven’t been in a Goode place lately but that’s not anyone’s fault here. I will try to disagree more respectfully and contribute in a positive way here on out. I appreciate the 2nd chance. 

with all due respect, this doesn’t make a lot of sense if you have him 9 but also think he finishes 12-14. I agree with you, however, that he is in the 9-14 range, probably closer to 10-14
Brady has great talent around him, a great coach, but a noodle arm. I expect him to be a much better NFL QB than fantasy QB

I appreciate that. Thank you. The “bold predictions” topic could be a good place for that, and I am willing to let bygones be bygones. It’s just football, and it should be a fun/happy thing. I hope the place you’re in improves. 

My apologies - I meant that he’s being drafted as the QB9 off the board. I now see that was unclear. I’ll edit my post. 

My predictions:

CEH finishes as RB8 or lower. Not as high as some here have him

Diggs finishes top 12 as his position as well as Josh Allen 

By end of year JK Dobbins is the starter in Baltimore and averaging top 15 points thereafter he takes over

Edwards is the SOTD for rookie drafts and finishes just outside of the top 24, anointed as the 2020 McLaurin

Haskins doesn’t finish the season as the starting QB

Jalen Hurts finishes the season as the Eagles starting QB
Allen to Diggs is intriguing......I'm keeping an eye on that combo in distance TD league

Brady has great talent around him, a great coach, but a noodle arm. I expect him to be a much better NFL QB than fantasy QB
This exactly. :thumbup:

and in true Brady fashion, he’ll probably make fools of us all.

side-note: no Brady hate. He went to high school down the street from my high school in San Mateo, CA. Same school Barry Bonds went. Talk about churning out HOF talent. Man. Arguably two of the best to suit up in their respective sports (both had cheating scandals, too...)

Agree with this not happening. I just don't see Ingram conveniently getting out his way this year.
Hope you’re right about that. Tryina squeeze one more year of magic juice out of Ingram before putting him out to pasture on my dynasty league. 

Kinda feel like he might be an AP-light & have one more run as the 1-2 down vet after he leaves Baltimore though. 

Preston Williams will have more points per game than Parker at EOS

This, has been relatively low buzz/flying under the radar all offseason.

People forget how good this guy is, and when he plays he seems to have that "hungry edge", that younger players tend to have when they are fighting for big contracts.

It really sucks, as I own him exactly nowhere this year.  He is right on track to be on the bad team/chuck it since we are behind kinda offense.  Sort of a "poor man's DJ Chark" in a roundabout way.

If Williams can stay healthy, it wouldn't shock me to see a WR 25-ish finish.

Great, now I'm having non-buyers remorse.    :wall:

TZM

Fant will be a top 5 TE

Damien Harris goes 1000/10 with another 35/300 receiving

Kirk will be a top 12 WR

Lock is for real

Cam gets hurt, Stidham stinks and gets pulled and Hoyer ends season as Pats QB and they only win 6 games 

Fant will be a top 5 TE

Damien Harris goes 1000/10 with another 35/300 receiving

Kirk will be a top 12 WR

Lock is for real

Cam gets hurt, Stidham stinks and gets pulled and Hoyer ends season as Pats QB and they only win 6 games 
I was worried about Evan Engram, so I grabbed Fant late as my TE2.

Feeling like he might have flex-worthy value some BYE weeks 

Hope you’re right about that. Tryina squeeze one more year of magic juice out of Ingram before putting him out to pasture on my dynasty league. 

Kinda feel like he might be an AP-light & have one more run as the 1-2 down vet after he leaves Baltimore though. 
If he starts off well, maybe sell him high - unless, of course, he's a piece you need to win this season.  If there was ever a more perfect spot for a back like Mark Ingram than this team in Baltimore, I don't know what it is.

Mark Ingram looked good last year and won't just cede to Dobbins. Dobbins will have to take it. Okay, that's it for my intra-thread debate resolution.

Now for some fairly hot/repugnant/wild gesticulation at the audience Stephen A. Smith/Shannon Sharpe/Skip Bayless-esque

takes about New York football teams?

How about Denzel Mims, hurt all through camp, leading the Jets in receiving yardage this year?

Or Darius Slayton leading the Giants WRs in non-PPR fantasy points?

My Bayarrhea/Former Bayarrhea takes?

Henry Ruggs III is the complete receiver people didn't believe he was, and he surpasses 875 yards as a rookie.

Raheem Mostert logs a top five finish in rushing yards/game in the NFL.

How about my Texas takes?

Will Fuller plays over twelve games healthy and boom/busts his way apace the Texans' competition for fantasy points, non-PPR. He makes everyone taking him in the eighth round or so smile.

Blake Jarwin lives up to the hype and finishes inside the top seven for TEs, fantasy-wise. A steal at current ADP.

Seattle take:

Carlos Hyde starts about eight games this year, rushes for 600 yards.

Russell Wilson gets the training wheels off finally and throws for over 4,700 yards, besting his next best by about 500 yards.

Relatedly, DK Metcalf finishes top ten in the NFL in targets, and continues to be an aDOT stalwart.

Plenty of takes to go around...

One at each position.  Here goes...

QB - Rivers leads all QB's in rushing yards
RB - Davis overtakes CMC
WR - AB returns and leads PIT in catches
TE - Graham pulls off an 80 yard stiff-arm TD

Kirk will be a top 12 WR
Have a hard time seeing that, but I do own him in a few leagues and hope you're right. I do think Murray is going to have a great year, but Nuk and Fitz are going to command a ton of targets IMO. Just not sure if enough targets will be there to give Kirk top 12 upside. I do love his talent for sure. 

this one will be unpopular but sometimes dynasty people overcorrect after a poor rookie season.

dwayne haskins will be a popular upside QB2 in dyno formats next offseason, ahead of lock.

One at each position.  Here goes...

QB - Rivers leads all QB's in rushing yards
RB - Davis overtakes CMC
WR - AB returns and leads PIT in catches
TE - Graham pulls off an 80 yard stiff-arm TD
You could have just said 8 yard stiff arm TD for graham and it would have been plenty bold 

David Johnson will be elite

Gurley top 15

Brady is going to be a bust at his ADP

Thielan tears it up and is top 8

CEH will be every bit a top 5 RB and will flirt with top 3. 

Waller get 1,000 yards 

Gibson will make a few people look foolish taking him so early. 

Being from Detroit, wouldn't surprise me to see AP lead the team in rushing. These clowns have no idea what they are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread