Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Endowed

2020 In-Season IDP News, Notes and Updates.

With Bosa injury SF is bringing in Ansah for a look.  He might be an upside pre-emptive pick up if you need DL help.

Edited by Gally

Vigil didn't play, Kyzir White was 100%.

I have seen this Chargers LB movie before, and I'm out. 

Any of you decide to invest in any of them, Godspeed. Chargers ain't gonna have massraider around to abuse ever again. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 3

1 hour ago, massraider said:

Any of you decide to invest in any of them, Godspeed. Chargers ain't gonna have massraider around to abuse ever again. 

lmao... LAC LBs for me, at this point, are best when they can go on IR so they don't waste a roster spot but you can hold on to that sliver of hope. I'll make a claim for White, though. He's been pretty decent at compiling stats with a full time (ish) role... until he gets injured again. 

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Anthony Barr out for the year - torn pectoral.

Will there be a single guy that fills his role? Recently added Connelly when NYG cut him last minute but my knowledge of MIN LBs is weak since I've never had shares of their long time studs. 

Okereke in on 85% while Anthony Walker was down to around 56%. Might just be the changing of the guard in the spot next to Leonard in Indy. If so run - don’t walk and grab him wherever available.

• Like 1

Some surprises:

Frank Clark 43% of snaps.  ETA: Illness.

Who's Eric Wilson who had 92% of Vikings snaps?  ETA: https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/vikings-eric-wilson-role-set-to-increase/ Expected every down LB now.

Demarcus Lawrence 37% of snaps (Aldon Smith 81%, Griffen 75%).  ETA: Lingering knee injury, keeping snaps low?

Trevathan 48% of snaps.

Edited by Tick
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

Will there be a single guy that fills his role? Recently added Connelly when NYG cut him last minute but my knowledge of MIN LBs is weak since I've never had shares of their long time studs. 

Min LB's have never been great IDP guys.  Kendricks is a tremendous NFL LB but for fantasy he always been disappointing.  Barr is the same way (although he isn't a great NFL LB either).  I don't think there is anything to see here but as a speculative add if you want to wait and see I would go with Eric Wilson

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tick said:

Some surprises:

Who's Eric Wilson who had 92% of Vikings snaps?  ETA: https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/vikings-eric-wilson-role-set-to-increase/ Expected every down LB now.

Demarcus Lawrence 37% of snaps (Aldon Smith 81%, Griffen 75%).  ETA: Lingering knee injury, keeping snaps low?

Trevathan 48% of snaps.

Anthony Barr out for the season - could be Troy Dye or Eric Wilson taking his snaps going forward.

"I thought Troy came in and did some good things," Zimmer said. "He had a couple missed tackles, but he ran pretty well. Once Barr went out, it got a little confusing because Eric [Kendricks] was trying to get the calls from the headset and then make the calls and get guys lined up. So that got a little confusing. [Eric] Wilson did fine. We've still got a lot of things we have to work on with those guys, but we anticipate that they'll continue to get better."

12 hours ago, Tick said:

Some surprises:

Trevathan 48% of snaps.

Bears’ Danny Trevathan sees playing time plummet

Holmes, Jalyn MIN DT

Listed as DT in MFL but the nfl game sheet for week 2 and Vikings website depth chart list him as DE. Week 1 game sheet has him as DT. His snap count jumped from 38% in week 1 to 59% in week 2. Odi's snap percentage dropped... not sure if there was injury, though. Anything to see here? Getting a guy that actually plays in a DE alignment in your lineup at DT can be a nice bonus in DT required leagues. 

Only info I find is this SI breakdown of snap counts: https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/vikings-snap-count-analysis-week-2-barr-injury-causes-shakeup

• Like 1

Anyone watching the WFT games? Jonathan Allen with 56% week 1 then 65% week 2 while Ja'Ron Payne was 76% then 61%. Curious about the situation, as I had Allen pegged to be a decent weekly start at DT with the switch to 4-3 this season.

3 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

Anyone watching the WFT games? Jonathan Allen with 56% week 1 then 65% week 2 while Ja'Ron Payne was 76% then 61%. Curious about the situation, as I had Allen pegged to be a decent weekly start at DT with the switch to 4-3 this season.

Every time i see the "WFT" I immediately think someone is using the WTF acronym and it takes me a bit to figure out they are talking about the Washington Football Team....hahahhaa

WFT is rotating their D-line quite a bit to keep everyone fresh.  I think the percentages will do this all year long but I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing.  Everyone should stay fresh which should help their ability of making things happen when they are on the field. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gally said:

Every time i see the "WFT" I immediately think someone is using the WTF acronym and it takes me a bit to figure out they are talking about the Washington Football Team....hahahhaa

WFT is rotating their D-line quite a bit to keep everyone fresh.  I think the percentages will do this all year long but I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing.  Everyone should stay fresh which should help their ability of making things happen when they are on the field. 

I've said elsewhere that WFT seems perfect, as it seems like they can't even get WTF right. 

Thanks for the info!

• Laughing 1

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 9:48 AM, JoeSteeler said:

Anthony Barr out for the season - could be Troy Dye or Eric Wilson taking his snaps going forward.

"I thought Troy came in and did some good things," Zimmer said. "He had a couple missed tackles, but he ran pretty well. Once Barr went out, it got a little confusing because Eric [Kendricks] was trying to get the calls from the headset and then make the calls and get guys lined up. So that got a little confusing. [Eric] Wilson did fine. We've still got a lot of things we have to work on with those guys, but we anticipate that they'll continue to get better."

Vikes just placed Dye on IR.  I guess that is why they signed Todd Davis.

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2020 at 2:12 PM, massraider said:

Pull up a chair, coffee and donuts in the corner.  Group session starts at 6:00, see the receptionist to schedule 1-on-1 if needed.  I'm 331 days clean as of today.

Edited by Hankmoody