What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drafted Saquon 1st Overall Club - Check in here (1 Viewer)

tommyGunZ

Footballguy
Fellas - this is a safe space for those of us choosing to ZAG when every ranking and ADP list told us to ZIG and take CMC.  But we don't blindly follow lists and we don't draft this year for last year's stats. Lots of talent evaluators not only put Saquon Barkley at the top of current RBs when ranking pure talent, but some suggest he's a historically talented player.  Think LaDainian, Sweetness, Adrian Peterson, Eric Dickerson - Saquon is THAT kind of generational talent.  Combine that with the fact that the RB1 overall hasn't repeated the next season as RB1 overall in like 20 years, and odds suggest CMC won't be RB1 at years end.  Enter Jason Garrett's "feed the RB" game plans and a revamped OL, and Saquon is ready to blast off.

Raise your hand and join this thread if you're picking the best RB in the league at 1.01 this year.   :headbang: :towelwave:

Drafting tonight and I’ve been going back and forth on who to take at 1.02 in a non-ppr league. This is helping me with the decision to go Barkley. 

For me, no. Barkley is a better all around player who doesn't leave the field regardless of how the team is doing. Dallas will work in Pollard on some occasions as he as proven to be a reliable backup. 

Barkley can take it to the house on any given play. 

Obviously, my opinion of course, but picks 1& 2 are separated from the rest.  

For me, no. Barkley is a better all around player who doesn't leave the field regardless of how the team is doing. Dallas will work in Pollard on some occasions as he as proven to be a reliable backup. 

Barkley can take it to the house on any given play. 

Obviously, my opinion of course, but picks 1& 2 are separated from the rest.  
I had Zeke two years ago and I can’t get over the image of him signaling to the sideline/Pollard several times a game to come out for a breather. 

I have them 

1. Zeke

2. Saquon

3. CMC 

know I’m in the minority but wouldn’t bicker with Saquon at 1.01.

CMC is fantastic but you are paying for last years supremely great season. 
I get it, Zeke is great. The only reason I wouldn’t consider him top two is the offense is built through the air more so the ground. I think McCarthy furthers that and I think Pollard gets a few more touches.

The biggest concerns for CMC and Saquon is that their offenses are below average. How is the NYG oline?

I took him 1.01 last year.  Won super bowl and total points money.  Lamar in the 11th may have had something to do with that.  Keeper league.  😎

got him in 2 out of 3 leagues.  I think he could go nuts this year.   Their offensive line should better, and Saquon doesn't even need the line to be much better, because he makes people miss non stop.  Daniel Jones a year under his belt, and a lot of WR weapons should keep defenses somewhat honest even though they know what they have to do lol.   

Quit feeling sorry for yourselves and go get another RB. Great week for pick ups. Barkley was a bad pick before he got hurt anyway, on account of Daniel Jones and the offensive line.

Quit feeling sorry for yourselves and go get another RB. Great week for pick ups. Barkley was a bad pick before he got hurt anyway, on account of Daniel Jones and the offensive line.
Harsh man, can't you give these folks some time to grieve before you throw his body in the ground?

I mean, yeah, you lost Barkley......But the good news is there's an undrafted rookie as part of 3 headed timeshare or a journeyman you can snag to just replace him with. Get your chin up. LOL

Harsh man, can't you give these folks some time to grieve before you throw his body in the ground?
Legend has it my great uncle died in his rocking chair on his back porch during a cold spell in January, bitter temperatures. The ground was too frozen to dig, his body was too frozen to rot, so my great grandad left his dead brother sit in the chair until spring. That's how it was back then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Legend has it my great uncle died in his rocking chair on his back porch during a cold spell in January, bitter temperatures. The ground was too frozen to dig, his body was too frozen to rot, so my great grandad left his dead brother sit in the chair until spring. That's how it was back then.
Wow, glad you are able to pass along the family genes here in the fake football world. :)

I wrote this in WW thread as well. Lot's of RB options on the wire this week, but us Barkley owners need an RB1 replacement. Not a RBBC or "who is hot this week" type of guy.

Who are you targeting to try and hit the homerun now that our 1st pick is out for the year. 

Henderson is the guy this week, but but was it last week - 

I like Davis as he is the starter for the next few weeks - But, it's only for a few weeks.

Take a chance and pickup Freeman as he may be in the best position for the rest of the year? 

I am in PPR so wondering if Dion is better than Gallman in this format and thinking, probably. But not sure. I just don't see the G-Men getting into the Red Zone a lot so not a ton of goal line opportunities for Gallman and I do see them falling behind and passing a lot where Dion is probably better.  But I am not inclined to pay a ton for either guy.  If someone like Freeman gets signed I may go all in on him.

Most of you are still feeling shocked as it's only Monday.  I also lost Barkley.

As a long time FF player, don't give up.  Keep fighting.  Stay aggressive on waivers.  You only need to make the playoffs and then from there on it's all about matchups.

I am in PPR so wondering if Dion is better than Gallman in this format and thinking, probably. But not sure. I just don't see the G-Men getting into the Red Zone a lot so not a ton of goal line opportunities for Gallman and I do see them falling behind and passing a lot where Dion is probably better.  But I am not inclined to pay a ton for either guy.  If someone like Freeman gets signed I may go all in on him.
Be careful on Freeman.   I had him in a bunch of leagues last year so I watched him on TV a lot.   He has lost a lot as a runner.  He still catches very well.

I think Gallman is a better power runner than Freeman and Lewis at this point in their career.

Scooby1974 said:

I mean, yeah, you lost Barkley......But the good news is there's an undrafted rookie as part of 3 headed timeshare or a journeyman you can snag to just replace him with. Get your chin up. LOL
I will say this, the last time I had such a high pick, I took David Johnson at 1.01. He broke his wrist in the  3rd quarter of week one. I saw a rookie in New Orleans flashing as part of a RBBC and added him out of desperation. I finished in first that year. 

Passed on him for zek at 2 , against all experts advise, sure glad I did.

Except for 1 experts advise, Dave Richards from cbs sports, he said zek should be 2nd.

Users who are viewing this thread