What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thursday Night Football: HOU @ KC let’s goooooooooooo (1 Viewer)

Ready to ####### rock~!

I have DESHAUN WATSON going in one league.

PATRICK MAHOMES/DAVID JOHNSON going in another ppr.

AND DAVID JOHNSON going in another ppr/points PER CARRY league.

I'm expecting a shootout~!  Not only would it be good for us fantasy players, but it will also be good for the American public as well.

TZM

End of 1st: 10-7 Chiefs

Halftime: 27-14 Chiefs

End of 3rd: 41-14 Chiefs

48-28 Chiefs Final

Assuming 4 pts/pass TD and 0.5 PPR (to balance between standard and PPR):

Mahomes: 25-34, 315 yards, 4 TD-0INT with 6 rushes for 35 yards (32.1 Fantasy Points)

CEH: 17 rushes for 77 yards, 2 rush TD, 5 receptions for 40 yards and a rec TD (32.2 Fantasy Points)

Tyreek Hill: 9 receptions for 144 yards and a rush for 8 yards (19.7 Fantasy Points)

Travis Kelce: 6 receptions for 71 yards and 2 TDs (22.1 Fantasy Points)

Mecole Hardman: 2 receptions for 41 yards

Sammy Watkins: 2 reception for 14 yards and a TD (sounds like Sammy Watkins)

Demarcus Robinson: 1 reception for 5 yards

Fully Prepared to get laughed at if the unthinkable happens

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to seeing NFL football in general, but also some great FF subplots in this one. 

- Will Patrick light it up?

- Which David Johson do we get?

- CEH: bell cow? large share of RBBC? NFL ready in week 1?

- is the Chiefs D really improves enough to limit their offense from blowing up?

- How much is Nuk missed?

L :football:  F  :football: G

I have zero dudes in FF tonight!  All relevant chiefs players were reached for, and I just didn't end up with any Texans....almost took Deshaun but opted for Kyler instead.....But I'm pumped for the game!......great QB matchup obviously

Currently 54 and raining here in KC. Supposed to rain all day and evening, with the chance of rain tapering to about 50% at kickoff. 

Still excited to watch the Chiefs unfurl that banner. Never thought I would see that day again. 
Congrats... exciting stuff for sure!

I'm excited to see a great QB matchup. HOU gave up a ton of passing yards as a D in 2019 and KC was middle of the pack. Should be a shootout which would be a great, exciting way to start the season.

Across my 4 leagues I have Mahomes / Hill / Ward (CB) and Watson so a high scoring, QB driven game would be perfect.

So, how many fans are allowed in the stadium?  How are they going to be seated?  How are they going to enforce masks if they allow people to not wear them while they are eating?  I can tell you now that most will be sitting there with their mask around their neck.

So, how many fans are allowed in the stadium?  How are they going to be seated?  How are they going to enforce masks if they allow people to not wear them while they are eating?  I can tell you now that most will be sitting there with their mask around their neck.
They are allowing 16 thousand.

The Chiefs have tested this twice already. They allowed 2000 in for the first test during training camp. Compliance was all over the place. After that the Chiefs put out the message that said basically you need to comply with the mask orders or we won't be able to do this.

They then allowed 5000 in for another training camp event. Compliance was much, much better apparently.

So they will have staff walking through the stands reminding people to wear their masks. All concession stands will be open to allow for people to spread out when buying food and drink. You can pre-order and then go pick up your food. No cash - all credit card transactions.

There will be a few outliers I am sure, but they are doing as well a job planning it and executing it as possible.

They are allowing 16 thousand.

The Chiefs have tested this twice already. They allowed 2000 in for the first test during training camp. Compliance was all over the place. After that the Chiefs put out the message that said basically you need to comply with the mask orders or we won't be able to do this.

They then allowed 5000 in for another training camp event. Compliance was much, much better apparently.

So they will have staff walking through the stands reminding people to wear their masks. All concession stands will be open to allow for people to spread out when buying food and drink. You can pre-order and then go pick up your food. No cash - all credit card transactions.

There will be a few outliers I am sure, but they are doing as well a job planning it and executing it as possible.
I'm sure they have planned it well, but IMO people will be sitting in their seat not wearing their mask and not just when they are drinking and eating.  I guess we will watch and see...

I'm really interested in the effects of no preseason and the whole weird, shortened offseason. I think we're going to see some random sloppiness. Maybe not this game, but some games, some teams, and we have no idea which yet.
I see an offense advantage 2-fold

1. rain often favors receivers over DBs. Receivers know the route, DBs adjust in stride. Any slippage by the DB could result in some long scores. 

2. Your point of sloppiness - defenses have only been practicing against their own offenses. I can’t imagine it’s the same level of intensity as a real game. Things are gonna speed up in a hurry. 

This weekend should be fun. 

I'm really interested in the effects of no preseason and the whole weird, shortened offseason. I think we're going to see some random sloppiness. Maybe not this game, but some games, some teams, and we have no idea which yet.
The first couple of games every year are somewhat sloppy and that's with a preseason - so I suspect you may be right.

without a preseason, we're going to see some very sloppy games, long TD passes on blown coverages, many turnovers, etc.

This might be the first time in history an NFL fan says 'I miss preseason'. 

Cooks is GTD, with an optimistic nod at starting , reportedly. wouldn't surprise me to see him light it up. IF KC runs away with this thing, Cobb is going to get a lot of dump-offs from the slot, he and DJ will be very busy. 

can't wait to see the game

I think the teams with new coaching staffs and skill players are going to suffer the most. I expect the teams with cohesive units will take advantage.

I kind of thought that this thread would be pages long already.  Are we in shock? Are people tuned out/turned off a little for some reason or another?  Am I wrong (is it usually quiet up until a few hours prior to Kickoff)?

At any rate, I have NO idea what to expect.  With no normal training, no normal attendance, no pre-anything, I wouldn't be surprised if his is an absolute pinball score high/lowlighted by a bunch of bad plays.  Usually the TNF opener is kind of low-scoring, though.  Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a 27-21 type game with little or no zest to it.

One thing-I hope the announcers and production team don't saturate us with "covid this" and "pandemic that" and pay too much attention to the political undertones.  I would just rather watch a game and not be reminded the entire night of how un-normal this is (and how fragile the season being completed may end up being.

We'll see how long that lasts before people suddenly start saying "Football is dead" and "I'll never watch football again" while continuing to watch football.
I think I'll go have a conversation with my 45 magnum now.  Just think, just 5 minutes ago I saw the light at the end of the tunnel.  I didn't realize it was a train.  How could one go from total happiness to suicide in 5 minutes?

I don’t own him but this would be a great matchup for him, especially with Cooks limited.
I own him nowhere. :( . Tried to trade for him in one league. Not even a response.

I have Mahomes and Mathieu going in dynasty IDP tonight. Have Mahomes going in Summerpalooza. I've been on CEH for his ability over the months. Let's hope he's rock solid in pass pro if they use him there. Don't wanna see Mahomes getting cleaned out.

Let's start this train. :football:

One thing-I hope the announcers and production team don't saturate us with "covid this" and "pandemic that" and pay too much attention to the political undertones.  I would just rather watch a game and not be reminded the entire night of how un-normal this is (and how fragile the season being completed may end up being.
Agreed. Here's something I never thought I'd say. I'm really looking forward to hearing "Now, here's a guy..."

I feel the same way with Sammy Watkins. So tempted to throw him in one of my lineups.
I look for a big night from Watkins this week.  Hill and Kelce are going to get all the attention and Watkins will have a field day.  I wish I owned him this week :(

Defenses are going to be slow to react, while we could see some f*ckball early, offenses generally will have an advantage for a few weeks. I see a high-scoring affair here.

Would it shock folks if this looked more like a Pro Bowl game tonight? I just wonder what the intensity factor will be for these teams that cannot be feeling the typical "Launch" of the season like years past. 

Some of us might be excited about tonight, it's not the word I would use to describe my emotions...more like interested in potential train wreck but that's me. 

Users who are viewing this thread