What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Snap Count Thread (1 Viewer)

Z.Cunningham 69 (100%)

W.Mercilus 62 (90%)

B.McKinney 56 (81%)

B.Scarlett 26 (38%)

J.Martin 18 (26%)

Cunningham wearing the dot.

B.Niemann 36 (61%)

A.Hitchens 26 (44%)

D.Wilson 20 (34%)

D.O'Daniel 5 (8%)

W.Gay just saw STs and Niemann/Hitchens rotated wearing the dot.

Courtesy of @Mike_Woellert

Last edited by a moderator:
The official NFL game books ("Download Game Book (PDF)") for each game are available at NFL.com. Near the end of the reports there is a section on snap counts/percentages.

Chiefs defensive takeaways

Defensive takeaways

Interestingly, the Chiefs starting defense was a 4-2-5 scheme with nominal safety Tyrann Mathieu listed as a cornerback. Among Chiefs linebackers, only Ben Niemann played more than half of the snaps.

The Chiefs clearly weren’t afraid to put rookie cornerback L’Jarius Sneed on the field; he played 93% of the defensive snaps. After Sneed, Antonio Hamilton had the most work among the team’s cornerbacks — although part of that was because starter Charvarius Ward missed snaps after he was injured.

Safety Tedric Thompson played about a third of the snaps — mostly on passing plays.

Fifth-round draft pick Michael Danna was on the field for about half of the snaps. Undrafted free agent rookie Tershawn Wharton was in for about a quarter of them.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/9/11/21432193/chiefs-texans-making-sense-of-snap-counts-in-the-nfl-season-opener

Early notes just on snaps, without all injury/suspension info or positional details.  Team - player - %snaps

• KCC Sorensen 97
  • KCC Kpassagnon 83, Okafor 17
  • KCC Hitchens 44
  • SEA Irvin 85, Collier 38
  • SEA Wright 56, Brooks 9
  • ATL Kazee 100, Neal 82
  • ATL Oluokun 74
  • CLE Takitaki 92, Goodson 83, Phillips 20
  • CLE Sendejo 100, Joseph 100
  • BAL CClark 100
  • BAL Queen 74
  • NYJ Maye 100, McDougald 99
  • NYJ Hewitt 100, Cashman 3
  • BUF Edmunds 64, Klein 62, Milano 38
  • BUF Addison 62
  • LVR EHarris 97
  • LVR Morrow 69, Kwiatkoski* 33
  • CAR Burris 100, Boston 100
  • CAR DE Rotation
  • CHI Jackson 100, Gipson 100, DBush 9
  • DET Harmon 100, WHarris 80
  • DET LBs a mess - Collins ejected
  • DET Drop all Okwaras
  • IND Willis 100
  • IND Walker 86, Okereke 38
  • JAC JJones 97
  • GBP Amos 100, Savage 88
  • GBP Burks 6
  • MIN Ohedigbo 77, Ngakoue 56
  • MIA Lawson 94, Ogbah 86
  • MIA VanNoy 64, Roberts 62
  • NEP Bentley 82
  • NEP APhillips 69, Dugger 18
  • PHI Gerry 99, Riley 81, Edwards 29
  • PHI Sweat 70, Graham 54, Curry 31
  • WAS Bostic 100, Pierre-Louis 99, Holcomb 0 (special teams)
  • WAS Young 78, Sweat 71, Allen 53, Kerrigan 32
  • LAC Murray 91, Vigil 85, Perryman 18 - Tranquill injured early
  • LAC Adderley 40
  • CIN Bell 100, Bates 99
  • CIN Pratt 73, Bynes 72, Wilson 30, ADG 27
  • LAR Kiser 100, Ebukam 74, Young 53
  • LAR JJohnson 100
  • TBB Winfield 100, Whitehead 91
  • TBB JPP 96
  • NOS Davenport? Hendrickson 56
  • NOS Anzalone 71
  • ARI Campbell 100, Kennard 55, Simmons 39
  • SFO Tartt 100
  • SFO Warner 100, Kwon 98, Greenlaw 43
  • SFO Armstead 63, Ford 56
  • DAL LVE injured, LBs messy

Random responses/notes:

CLE - Phillips is probably going on IR, so Takitaki may be a 100%er out of necessity for the foreseeable future. Given the quality of their play expect Harrison to take snaps away from one of Sendejo or Joseph.

NYJ - I read Cashman got injured, no idea of severity.

BUF - same w/Edmunds and Milano

LVR - Kwiat, rinse repeat

NOS - Davenport's injured, he was inactive

PHI Sweat 70, Graham 54, Curry 31

Makes sense. I finally dumped him from several rosters this year after holding him for a year or two. 😕

Looks like the Iggles had a bunch of DL get banged up, though. No idea what the timing of any of them were, or how they may have impacted Sweat's playing time.

Thanks largely to the info 'round these parts last year, I am carrying CGJ (aka Ceedy Duce) in 3 of 4 leagues. Crazy start percentage of the week...

M Jenkins SS 70 100%

M Williams FS 70 100%

C Gardner-Johnson SS 61 87%

9T 1A 1PD... the 3rd Safety has quickly become a pretty hot commodity in IDP. My leagues are deep, he's showing as 4% owned on MFL.

When Derwin James got hurt, I grabbed Rayshawn Jenkins after reading that he should be the SS.

Safety rotation will need continued monitoring

With Derwin James out, Rayshawn Jenkins played in all 68 snaps on defense but moved between free safety and strong safety, whereas Desmond King had 41 snaps and Nasir Adderley contributed 27. Anthony Lynn said after the game that the team could get to the point where they aren’t rotating King and Adderley, should one of those combinations start to work really well. This week, results may have been more mixed.

Jenkins 1 tackle + 1 Special Teams tackle.

King (listed as CB on MFL) 2 tackles, 1 assisted + 1 Special Teams tackle.

Adderly no stats.

If Jenkins (and King and Adderley) are switching between FS and SS, do they have even less value?

Phi DE Curry was injured on the last play of the 3rd Quarter. Philly's Def had 28 snaps after that (Gamebook says 3/13/5/7 snaps for Wash O in the 4th).

I think Sweat was starting because Barnett was declared out before the game.

https://www.4for4.com/2020/w2/three-down-linebackers-2020-idp-leagues-updated-weekly

I posted that in the green dot thread, but it's all of the LB snap notes.  Great stuff - is Woellert one of the guys who used to be on these boards and went to write for a site?

Man, sites need to change their auto-linking scripts to search for the more complex name first.  First replace Christian Kirksey, then replace Christian Kirk.  FBG has some of these too.

• TEN Bush 100, Vince 59
  • TEN Fitzpatrick 100, Edmunds 100
  • NYG Martinez 100, Carter 100, Downs 22
  • TEN Evans got ejected, messy LBs, but Brown 100, Landry 97.
  • TEN Clowney
  • DEN Johnson 100, Jewell 98!

B Mayowa DE 71 90%

L Collier DE 30 38%

R Green DE 30 38%

This was fairly clear prior to week 1. Green had bad press. Collier seemed to have fluff press that was more hopeful than anything else. Mayowa was consistently best in camp press. I may not have mentioned it ;)  and don't expect Mayowa to be a league winner but top start percentage in SEA has been a solid place to be for a DE.

Flying Elvis said:
B Mayowa DE 71 90%

L Collier DE 30 38%

R Green DE 30 38%

This was fairly clear prior to week 1. Green had bad press. Collier seemed to have fluff press that was more hopeful than anything else. Mayowa was consistently best in camp press. I may not have mentioned it ;)  and don't expect Mayowa to be a league winner but top start percentage in SEA has been a solid place to be for a DE.
I'm picking up Mayowa for free, I have Darrell Taylor on the bench, and a bridge between the two seems natural. Mayowa showed a little juice in OAK and DAL, and never got any run. A fine freebie shot at DE.  

Chase Winovich is a free in my really deep leagues, I'm taking a look.  

Desmond King playing S in LA, and is a CB on MFL. 

Nick Vigil should be startable rest of the season, I'm going after him with the Tranquill injury.  

I feel really bad for Jets fans, so it must be time to pick up any DB they have.  I'm gonna pick up.......(squints at computer screen) CB Blessaun Austin and give him a few weeks run at B. 

Duke RIley?? Wasted a roster spot on him for 2 years, but maybe.......

There's some safety moves to be made:

• Josh Jones. I don't believe that JAX is for real, I think the Colts have been overrated for about 5 years now.  I also don't believe Myles Jack is a sudden tackle monster, Jones might have some Marcus Maye weeks.  JAX still stinks, and I want SS from stinky teams.
  • Darian Thompson.  The new Sean Lee, Vander Esch, breaks collarbone. The original Sean Lee, Sean Lee, is so distraught he blows a hernia (6 weeks). Cowboys OLine is not the same, no more clock killing. 
  • Tashaun Gipson--I trust the Bears QBs to ensure that the Bears D gets loads of tackle opportunities.

@Joe Bryant

Did anyone else notice that the Snap Count page on the FBG's website for Washington is off?  I was looking to see if Bostic played every down and it says he played 0 plays but had a bunch of tackles and QB hits.  Something is off. 

Here's a streaming CB I just thought of:

AJ Bouye is out for the Broncos.  Broncos CBs are Bryce Callahan, Michael Ojemudia and Essang Bassey in the slot.  (also brothers, really, those are the CBs?)

DEN plays PIT this week. 

Bassey had 5 tackles last week, and gets Juju this week.  The dream is: Ben does something stupid, Bassey gets a Pick-6, then Juju spends the rest of the night carrying Bassey down the field

Pratt and Bynes got most of the snaps in CIN, but the two young guys, Logan Wilson and Akeem Davis-Gaither both got 20 snaps. 

If you looking for a reason to watch tonight, this LB crew is a good one.  If the kids' snap count creep up, Pratt owners should be nervous. Bynes owners, come on now.......

Gotta give credit to my leaguemates - they don't seem to be falling for the Bynes trap. He was only a round 2 claim in one league (40 man roster), only went for a buck in another (53 man roster + 10 man taxi), and is still a free agent in the other (34 man roster + 7 man taxi). Waivers don't process for another hour in my oy other and I hope one of the top 3 fall for it. I stupidly dropped Aldon a week ago and am trying to get him back  :doh:

Gotta give credit to my leaguemates - they don't seem to be falling for the Bynes trap. He was only a round 2 claim in one league (40 man roster), only went for a buck in another (53 man roster + 10 man taxi), and is still a free agent in the other (34 man roster + 7 man taxi). Waivers don't process for another hour in my oy other and I hope one of the top 3 fall for it. I stupidly dropped Aldon a week ago and am trying to get him back  :doh:
I mean, I would not have called the Aldon thing,5 years off?  Wasn't even on my radar!

I mean, I would not have called the Aldon thing,5 years off?  Wasn't even on my radar!
I was in on him til the Griffen signing, figured that was the Cowboys way of saying rotational at best so I bailed and threw some other darts. To be fair a buncha them were at Scotty Miller, so it wasn't all bad. I bid enough to get Aldon back in one but not enough in another and I was too far down waiver priority to have a shot in #3. We'll see if a week 1 loss leads to getting him in #4...

@Joe Bryant

Did anyone else notice that the Snap Count page on the FBG's website for Washington is off?  I was looking to see if Bostic played every down and it says he played 0 plays but had a bunch of tackles and QB hits.  Something is off. 
I noticed it showed Hamilton with 27 snaps 100%

I was in on him til the Griffen signing, figured that was the Cowboys way of saying rotational at best so I bailed and threw some other darts. To be fair a buncha them were at Scotty Miller, so it wasn't all bad. I bid enough to get Aldon back in one but not enough in another and I was too far down waiver priority to have a shot in #3. We'll see if a week 1 loss leads to getting him in #4...
Yeah, I had a bad offseason for grabbing, then dropping guys who broke out.  I kept one Aldon share, but dropped the rest.  I also dropped James Robinson about a week before the Fournette trade.

Users who are viewing this thread