What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting "This High Risk/High Reward" guy over ___________ (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Let's be honest, the only reason you look at projections weekly is on how it pertains to your team or possibly the FanDuels or whatever your flavor is. With that in mind, let's kick this party off for what promises to be an up n down year that could be impacted by things we've never thought of previously and I don't need to say any more than that. 

My 1st guy is Capt Obvious for Week 1 at least and that is DeSean Jackson of the Philadelphia Eagles who seem to have nothing at WR to offer except for Jackson at the moment. I don't see Jackson making a resurgence into the Top 25 for the season but I do think vs ripe secondaries that he can do some damage and whatever you call the team from DC, it looks like they could be a top5 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. 

5/70/TD and I could see him having a bigger game, even a high point of the season in Week 1 so be ready to move on quickly but for Week 1 you have a hard time finding a guy outside the Top 50 drafted at his position that is likely to hit Top 25 the 1st week. 

What you got, what say you? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost went Watkins over Mike Evans but chickened out. 
I might start Jonny Smith over Miles Sanders at flex due to his q status. 

Davonte Parker over Jamison Crowder. Hard call - Parker was 1-1 vs Gilmore last year, and may be on a snap count.

Crowder was a PPR beast against the Bills. And the Bills are missing some secondary pieces. 

I’ve got Miles Sanders in my lineup - if Sanders is out I’m starting both Crowder & Parker so the challenge will solve itself.

but as of right now I’m starting the team I drafted to start. :thumbup:

@Hot Sauce Guy had not heard that about Sanders, that guy went in the 2nd round in my league, rough start. 

That would only make Jackson targeted a little more, all WRs need help so maybe Ertz will have an All World game to boot. 

@Hot Sauce Guy had not heard that about Sanders, that guy went int he 2nd round in my league, rough start. 

That would only make Jackson targeted a little more, all WRs need help so maybe Ertz will have an All World game to boot. 
As of now the coach is being the coach. He’s annoyingly vague. 

Sanders has logged 3-straight “limited” practices, but all the inside word was that Sanders was being held out for precautionary reason & it wasn’t that bad. I’m hoping there’s a positive Saturday update.

he may also be on a snap count. I’m only changing my lineup if he’s out, which I’m skeptical of. 

Sanders has logged 3-straight “limited” practices, but all the inside word was that Sanders was being held out for precautionary reason & it wasn’t that bad. I’m hoping there’s a positive Saturday update.

he may also be on a snap count. I’m only changing my lineup if he’s out, which I’m skeptical of. 
Eagles fan. I would be shocked if he’s out, given the signals the team is sending. I would not be shocked if he gets fewer touches than in a normal week, especially if the game is not close in the second half.

Is Sutton considered a high risk/high reward play? I have him in 2 leagues and I’m trying to determine if I play someone over him or not. I have some good options

DeSean is definitely one of the main ones this week and I think I own him in my dynasty league and 2 x re-drafts. I want to get him in my lineup somewhere. redraft- Cooper and Green at WR, Mostert currently sitting in flex. Think will start ahead of Mostert. He’s in my dynasty lineup also 

I'm debating playing Shenault at flex.  My other options aren't that great because I'm down Deebo - Everett te-rams, Arnold te-AZ, and Uzomah te-cin. Figure shenault has the most upside.

Is Sutton considered a high risk/high reward play? I have him in 2 leagues and I’m trying to determine if I play someone over him or not. I have some good options
Looks like GTD for Sutton and he plays Monday. I'm playing Gallup over him in one league and DJax in another. 

Eagles fan. I would be shocked if he’s out, given the signals the team is sending. I would not be shocked if he gets fewer touches than in a normal week, especially if the game is not close in the second half.
Any chance Boston Scott is a good play this week? I will probably have Courtland Sutton and Golladay on my bench so I need a flex.

Well, that solves my dilemma. Sanders our, so Parker & Crowder get the nod. 

Thought he logged a full practice?
Yes, he did. But he's been out in camp and I'm not starting him until week two. They did a study a long time ago about fantasy points and showing up on the injury sheet. Questionable designations, Doubtful designations, the whole thing. The takeaway I took from it was for receivers that it decreased efficiency by about two projected points. I've got a full boat of healthy guys right now. No sense starting a guy that pulls up lame during warmups on Monday night. 

I could start Antonio Gibson or Diontae Johnson or Bryan Edwards off the wire, but I think I'm going with a guy that's on a better offense than most give it credit for, though Indy gave them fits with their defense last year and Bruckner certainly adds to their ferocity and effectiveness.

All in all, I'm not positive, but I'm leaning way away from Johnson as too risky in a basic pick 'em game.

Any chance Boston Scott is a good play this week? I will probably have Courtland Sutton and Golladay on my bench so I need a flex.
Guy in one league of mine is starting Scott(didn't have Sanders) over Nick Chubb. That seems a little crazy to me, but I do think Scott should be a top-20 RB this week.

All these James Robinsons... people are going to be disappointed when he posts 4 points. Not sure he is a high reward. Do people really think Jacksonville is going to be in a position to run the ball vs Indy? 

All these James Robinsons... people are going to be disappointed when he posts 4 points. Not sure he is a high reward. Do people really think Jacksonville is going to be in a position to run the ball vs Indy? 
Lots of people still going zero RB and found him on the wire. He's a starting running back. A plunge makes his day. Indy has a very good defense, but their offense is brand new with an older QB coming off of his worst year and a passing attack that is already massively overrated, even though more ink has been admittedly spilled over their running game, IMO. I think it's going to be a ball control slog, not an aerial display. 

I should say that on teams that aren't starting that many guys, I don't have Robinson going.

We're talking he's at best a sixth or seventh option.

Plus, if you can't root for Robinson given where he's come from (assuming good character) then you're either a meanie killjoy or a frontrunner. Consider me pulling for the little guy like America always does.

I heard he's out tomorrow, just getting in from this evening and catching up. I'm sure everyone will know that by now though. 

Jackson and Ertz and what else for Philly?

I'm thinking maybe Washington is starting to look like a decent upset Week 1, anyone else on board with this? The DC Club is getting 5.5 right now...

Weeks 14-15-16-17 he caught 6-7-6-4...that's pretty nice when they have no WRs, Sanders is OUT we're hearing and does it matter what Scott does on the ground...this guy did have 5 TDs last year in very limited action, one big game Week 17...

This looks ripe for 40/TD on the ground, another 5/40, that's almost 20 in PPR. Not hyping this guy, he's 5-6 not exactly built to take a pounding. With so many guys out, Wentz could end up finding this guy a ton out of the back field, could end up being an 8-10 catch day, again in PPR who cares what he does on the ground at that point, it would just be gravy. 

In a dynasty league of mine, I’m dying to start Jonathan Taylor over Nick Chubb for RB2 just this week (Derrick Henry as RB1).  The matchups For these two couldn’t be more polar opposite, and I’m an underdog so I feel like I need some variance to pull out the win.

its week 1 so I probably won’t end up doing it, but it feels like the correct move despite all of the “experts” not agreeing.

I heard he's out tomorrow, just getting in from this evening and catching up. I'm sure everyone will know that by now though. 

I'm thinking maybe Washington is starting to look like a decent upset Week 1, anyone else on board with this? The DC Club is getting 5.5 right now...
Yeah, I’m starting to warm up to washington players in daily. Eagles have injuries at key spots and chase young could really give a boost to that defense. Haskins is super cheap, Gibson is super cheap, defense super cheap....

Goedert if you're thin at TE/flex options. Reagor will play but we don't know how much.

Considering Higbee in the flex in a non TE mandatory league. Think it will be a shootout and Cowboys have been terrible vs TEs in recent years. Would have to sit AJ Brown (tough to do), Tyler Boyd or E Sanders (have Brees and like their chances vs TB). 

Considering Higbee in the flex in a non TE mandatory league. Think it will be a shootout and Cowboys have been terrible vs TEs in recent years. Would have to sit AJ Brown (tough to do), Tyler Boyd or E Sanders (have Brees and like their chances vs TB). 
It’s never too early to outsmart yourself. 

7/107/TD

7/116

12/111

9/104

8/84/TD

Those are Weeks 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17...which one did you want to dial up today? He avg 21 PPG down the stretch, Cooks gone, Gurley gone, yeah good choice JS, good luck to you today. 

I've got Ruggs over Sony Michel (I just don't trust any NE RB) and James Robinson over Fournette (concerned about usage for Fournette in week 1).

Ted Lange as your Bartender said:
In a dynasty league of mine, I’m dying to start Jonathan Taylor over Nick Chubb for RB2 just this week (Derrick Henry as RB1).  The matchups For these two couldn’t be more polar opposite, and I’m an underdog so I feel like I need some variance to pull out the win.

its week 1 so I probably won’t end up doing it, but it feels like the correct move despite all of the “experts” not agreeing.
Slow your roll on Taylor because I keep reading that Mack will be leaned on heavily to start the season. Chubb will have a tough go on the ground but he is the starter. 

You have Henry, play Chubb for sure IMHO...I curse rosters so be careful here 😉

With Golladay iffy...I have contemplated Marvin Jones over Ridley
MJJ is excellent at running dig routes. and with Amendola also Q with a hammy he should see a ton of targets (Agnew & Hall are mostly speed guys; Cephus will probably be the WR with the 2nd most targets.)

Personally I think the biggest beneficiary might be Hock.

:2cents: :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread