What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE NIGHT BEFORE FOOTBALL WHO ARE YOU MOST EXCITED TO SEE (1 Viewer)

Milkman

Footballguy
It's the night before Football. The most exciting night of the season for most of us. It's all 🌈 and 🦄 right now. We're all going to win a ship!

Who are you most excited to see play?

Miles Sanders

:kicksrock:

lol - mainly excited to see my 49ers again. Superbowl was a bitter end to an amazing season. That 3rd and 14 haunts me. 

Fantasy-wise, I haven't had a top 3 pick in redraft in like 9 years. As such I haven't had a player drafted top 3 in 9 years. So I'm excited to see Elliott play, even though he's a cowboy. 

Hopefully the Niners game won't get postponed. Then I'd be doubly :kicksrock:

Antonio Gibson (I cant believe I’m going to actually catch some WTF football)

interested to see what happens in the colts backfield

Lamar

interested to see what the Brady led Bucs look like (evansless unfortunately)

Hopkins

Miles Sanders

:kicksrock:

lol - mainly excited to see my 49ers again. Superbowl was a bitter end to an amazing season. That 3rd and 14 haunts me. 

Fantasy-wise, I haven't had a top 3 pick in redraft in like 9 years. As such I haven't had a player drafted top 3 in 9 years. So I'm excited to see Elliott play, even though he's a cowboy. 

Hopefully the Niners game won't get postponed. Then I'd be doubly :kicksrock:
Top 3!  How about top 7!?!? This hits close to home. I’m always drafting 8-12 every year. EVERY year.  It always seems to work out (welcome to the squad CEH), but I never get to draft that locked in bonafide stud.

To answer OPs question, I’m excited to see if Tom Brady still has it. He’s loaded up on weapons, 43, and coming off what everyone called a “noodle arm” season. 

Im not even a big Tom Brady fan, I’m just curious if he can prove the naysayers wrong and show that he truly is the GOAT. 

I am with some of the above and would want to see what TB offense looks like.

I feel the NEED to watch JAX to see what Robinson does.

Curious to see how AJ green looks after being on extended leave.

If Gibson puts up a stinker a lot of folks are going to be sad for their subscriber contest chances. I believe he’s the most owned player,  but I could be wrong. Thought he was highest % ownership tho.

Antonio Gibson and Chase Young and Bryce Love (if he gets meaningful snaps)- as a life-long fan of the WFT.

FF Wise:

David Johnson- heavily invested in redrafts so relatively pleased with how he looked on TNF opener.

Saquon- Giddy to see how he looks in what I think could be a huge, like 2400 yards from scrimmage huge, type year

Kyler- Was targeting him in both my redrafts but didnt actually get him as he was more expensive than I thought in my auction and I ended up taking Mahomes early in my snake.  Still very interested in seeing his development in year 2.

Veteran QBs in New Places- Brady, Cam, Rivers- in that order,  others I have no shares of but very curious to see what they look like

2nd year WRs- Preston Williams- picked him up off wire after going undrafted in 12 team auction.  Very intrigued by his potential trajectory. And Parris Campbell- also intrigued.

Rookies- Really interested to see what seems to be a deep and talented rookie class debut without the benefit of a traditional pre-season.  CEH obviously got off to a huge start.  I'm invested in Dobbins and a few WRs, some of who I own and some I don't.  Bryan Edwards, Justin Jefferson, Lamb, Juedy, Ruggs, others.

There are more but that's a start.  I was so checked out of football and FF until like Tuesday of this week.  Now I'm spening multiple hours a day googling random ish about 3rd string guys trying to find some depth.  And it feels so good. 🤪

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyler to Nuk

Stafford

Rico to Chark

Matty Ice to Ridley

Wilson to Metcalf

Brady vs Brees...aka the geritol bowl

Colts running game

Gibson

Moss

Cowboys baby!
Oh yeah.  Forgot to mention Metcalf.

If he builds on his rookie year and makes a jump to low end WR1 status it could help make my season in 1 league.

Oh yeah.  Forgot to mention Metcalf.

If he builds on his rookie year and makes a jump to low end WR1 status it could help make my season in 1 league.
I grabbed both him and Ridley in my two redrafts.  I am all in on both to take the next step, and be legit FF WR1's

Antonio Gibson (I cant believe I’m going to actually catch some WTF football)

interested to see what happens in the colts backfield

Lamar

interested to see what the Brady led Bucs look like (evansless unfortunately)

Hopkins
Evans practiced today and has been upgraded to questionable...still a chance he plays.

I grabbed both him and Ridley in my two redrafts.  I am all in on both to take the next step, and be legit FF WR1's
Yup.  I had Ridley in my big money redraft last year.  Feel like it was a year too soon.  Missed out on him this year but I'm expecting big things.

Cam Newton tops the list for me. I think he's the favorite for comeback player of the year, and I think Belichick/McDaniels are both excited by the prospect of a mobile QB. 

Nick Chubb is a guy who I don't think has been mentioned yet, but he's very interesting to me. He's had over 5 YPC in both seasons, despite the worst OT play and playcalling of any RB in his short career, now he could see massive upgrades at both those spots. The entire Browns offense is interesting to me, as it could be the most underrated in the league, and I'm glad they are facing a tough D in week 1.

I don't know if he'll see the field this season, but if he does, I'll be heavily rooting for Alex Smith.

Cam Newton tops the list for me. I think he's the favorite for comeback player of the year, and I think Belichick/McDaniels are both excited by the prospect of a mobile QB. 

Nick Chubb is a guy who I don't think has been mentioned yet, but he's very interesting to me. He's had over 5 YPC in both seasons, despite the worst OT play and playcalling of any RB in his short career, now he could see massive upgrades at both those spots. The entire Browns offense is interesting to me, as it could be the most underrated in the league, and I'm glad they are facing a tough D in week 1.

I don't know if he'll see the field this season, but if he does, I'll be heavily rooting for Alex Smith.
David Johnson comeback player of the year. Already done. 

Besides the old QBs with new teams (Brady, Cam, and Rivers) I'm interested in seeing a couple of younger ones in Burrow and Lock. 

I see a lot of Cleveland and Cincinnati living in Ohio and it would be nice to see some good QB play on Sundays. 

I'm not a believer in Lock but I'd love for him to prove me wrong. Denver has a lot of exciting, young talent around him. 

Antonio Gibson, and to see if Haskins has actually improved (and what Turner’s offense and Del Rio’s defense will look like) as a WAS fan.

As a football/fantasy fan Bryan Edwards, James Robinson, Waller, Kyler Murray. All guys I own who have some lingering or newly born mysteriousness to them. 

I'm excited to see Terry McLaurin and how many targets he gets. Will the Washington offense kill  his value, or does he get 10+ targets and turn his crisp route running into fantasy gold.

In general I'm interested in seeing how all these highly touted rookie wide receivers look but since I'm a Vikings fan I'm focusing more on Justin Jefferson.  

Users who are viewing this thread