What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another Officer Shooting...tonight 2 in Louisville. (1 Viewer)

jon_mx

Footballguy
Two Los Angeles police officers shot in apparent ambush

The shooting of two Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies in an apparent ambush prompted a manhunt for the shooter, reaction from the president and protests outside the hospital where the wounded deputies were being treated Saturday night in California.

The 31-year-old female deputy and 24-year-old male deputy both underwent surgery Saturday evening, Sheriff Alex Villanueva said in a late-night news conference. Both graduated from the academy 14 months ago, he said.

The deputies were shot while sitting in their patrol car at a Metro rail station and were able to radio for help, the sheriff said.

"To the protesters blocking the entrance & exit of the HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM yelling 'We hope they die' referring to 2 LA Sheriff's ambushed today in #Compton: DO NOT BLOCK EMERGENCY ENTRIES & EXITS TO THE HOSPITAL," the sheriff's department tweeted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prayers for these two police officers and their families.  Esoecially to the six-year old child whose mother is fighting for her life.

But they're just peaceful protestors.

I wonder how many NFL players wear these officer's names on their helmets today
We don't know anything about the shooter except he appeared really realy short in the surveillence video.  It may just be the video is poor quality and stretched.  But those protesters blocking the enterance and chanting numerous despicable things are disgusting.

Look at the person down the street in the video calmly walking away after the shooting. Geez, I would've reached my high school speed if that was me.

How disgusting. If you’ve reached the point where you’re chanting outside a hospital that you hope people die...geez there are no words for how sick that is
It’s beyond terrible and heartbreaking, especially for the families of these officers. But these chants and blocking of entrances by the protesters aren’t shocking at all anymore. We have a media who won’t cover this and properly shame these people and half the elected officials in the country who won’t even bother to condemn it.

I heard it was being streamed, but there are no results showing on youtube.  The US media does not seem to be reporting about that aspect yet despite an LA sherrif tweet.  
I see some videos on Twitter of a very small group of protestors. Maybe less than 10. I didn’t hear them wishing death upon the officers.  I hesitate to post them because things may have been different earlier or later than at those instances.

Two protesters were arrested at the hospital.  There is some video in the replies.  Looks likr maybe a dozen or so protesters came to the hospital to csuse problemd.  

Here are some lovely replies to the LA Sheriff Tweet:

Ryan Parker@drowningcactus 56m Replying to @LASDHQ

"Quick, check if the cops had criminal records. Then we can determine if they deserved to die or not."

*Pretty Antifa Barbie@LilUrchin_Annie 6h Replying to @LASDHQ

"Y’all don’t care when citizens get shot soooooo why the tuck would we care about y’all???"

Jozef van der Sar@JoeDoikse Replying to @LASDHQ

"We can't rush to conclusions though!!! I hope the officers pull through but do we know what their criminal histories are? They might have been up to something nefarious when this went down. Could have been a self-defense situation. Hard to say until more of this gets uncovered."

I see some videos on Twitter of a very small group of protestors. Maybe less than 10. I didn’t hear them wishing death upon the officers.  I hesitate to post them because things may have been different earlier or later than at those instances.
Correction, I think a protestor says “I hope they ******* die” in this video. Again, though maybe this isn’t a proper representation. I don’t know.

Exactly. Look at the sketchy source. It’s really disenheartening to see so many Americans falling for such stinky bait.
Possible...but not all that out of the question that a dozen or so people showed up and said awful things.

Sad the one cop passed and that they were jumped at all.

https://twitter.com/josie_huang/status/1305102941624229889?s=20

This  video shows a handful of protesters.  Right at the beginning there is one guy saying, "i hope they are ##$#$## dead.  Piss on them."

Not sure if there were more later or earlier, except i do know two were arrested.  

But they're just peaceful protestors.

I wonder how many NFL players wear these officer's names on their helmets today
Nah, it's "just a few bad apples" and "it's not a systemic issue."

Hopefully you're smart enough to know there's denial on both sides.    

Possible...but not all that out of the question that a dozen or so people showed up and said awful things.

Sad the one cop passed and that they were jumped at all.
Yeah I take back the sketchy source comment. Let’s not pretend these ahole protesters represent anything more than their dark twisted selves.

If the group was much larger later or earlier, I’m sure there will be videos surfacing soon.
The lady who uploaded that video was one of the two arrested.  She supposedly is a credentialed reporter, but she did not have anything with her. 

Absolutely despicable. I feel terrible for the officers families having to see and here the BS people say and post.  :hot: :hot: :hot:

Great how he starts off describes the two downed police officers as notorious gang members and murderers.  
I really don't know how police officers deal with these narcissistic jerks.   They don't represent the majority of protesters, but if the majority of protesters would understand the abuse they get they would be far more understanding of how some of these shootings go down.  But there is no understanding, it is all a bunch of one-sided propaganda making heroes out of thugs.

bet it wasn't Trump supporters, MAGA hat wearers or conservative voters ... just the good left/DNC/Biden voters again :(

I wish people would stand up to this discrimination towards police and call wrong where its wrong and demand these people be held accountable for their hatred and intolerance 

No, no it is not.  Until there is honest perspective there will NEVER be agreement.  
What is the honest perspective and how is it different than your perspective?  If you think those two things are the same, then you're simply projecting your own bias rather than seeking the "honest perspective". 

LEOKA’s Latest Preliminary Statistics

As of 09/11/2020:

Thirty-seven law enforcement officers have been reported feloniously killed in 2020. During the previous year for the same time period, 30 officers were feloniously killed. At the time the 37 law enforcement officers were fatally wounded in 2020:

Eight were victims of an ambush (entrapment/premeditation)

Two were a victim of an unprovoked attack

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/ucr/leoka

What is the honest perspective and how is it different than your perspective?  If you think those two things are the same, then you're simply projecting your own bias rather than seeking the "honest perspective". 
An honest perspective would certainly not lie about virtually every incident that they brandish across their helmets.  An honest perspective would certainly not be calling for ridiculous slogans like de-fund the police.  An honest perspective would certainly not propagate this myth that black children are in danger from police for wearing a hoodie.  An honest perspective would definitely be a lot closer to my perspective than what we have to endure watching the mainstream news, professional sports broadcasts or any BLM representative.  

The dog whistles from our leaders have had the expected results, sadly.   

An honest perspective would certainly not propagate this myth that black children are in danger from police for wearing a hoodie.
The most dangerous places for black children are 1) in the womb and 2) in a low income neighborhood rife with gang activity.  

bet it wasn't Trump supporters, MAGA hat wearers or conservative voters ... just the good left/DNC/Biden voters again :(

I wish people would stand up to this discrimination towards police and call wrong where its wrong and demand these people be held accountable for their hatred and intolerance 
Neither the shooter nor the handful of idiot protesters represent the "left/DNC/Biden" voters at all.

LEOKA’s Latest Preliminary Statistics

As of 09/11/2020:

Thirty-seven law enforcement officers have been reported feloniously killed in 2020. During the previous year for the same time period, 30 officers were feloniously killed. At the time the 37 law enforcement officers were fatally wounded in 2020:

Eight were victims of an ambush (entrapment/premeditation)

Two were a victim of an unprovoked attack

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/ucr/leoka
Since 2010, the number of officers feloniously killed has been: 55, 72, 49, 27, 51, 41, 66, 46, 55 and 48 in 2019. And 37 thus far in 2020.

The ambushes and senseless killings of officers is terrible. But I'm not seeing any trend. It's hard to draw general conclusions from what we see on TV, but dramatic videos have a big impact on our perception. 

But they won’t, and we will be treated to an anti-police show once again today with the NFL. KC/HOU games ratings were down 16% from previous year on Thursday. The NFL better get used to it. I would love to be surprised and see the NFL honor all the police officers fallen lately. 

Joe Biden @JoeBiden 1h

This cold-blooded shooting is unconscionable and the perpetrator must be brought to justice.

Violence of any kind is wrong; those who commit it should be caught and punished.

Jill and I are keeping the deputies and their loved ones in our hearts and praying for a full recovery.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1305160054346141703
From not even a whisper during the convention to this - it rings so hollow.  This is just the pollsters realizing that most Americans like the police and they hit the Code Red button.

Joe Biden @JoeBiden 1h

This cold-blooded shooting is unconscionable and the perpetrator must be brought to justice.

Violence of any kind is wrong; those who commit it should be caught and punished.

Jill and I are keeping the deputies and their loved ones in our hearts and praying for a full recovery.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1305160054346141703
"I wish people would stand up against this discrimination against police" 

*Presidential candidate does*

"yeah but he's just playing to his base" 

So that's how things go here? :lmao:

If Joe Biden volunteered to be a police officer for the next 90 days to express his support of police and condemnation of this action, what would be the spin then, since his words weren't good enough? Out of curiosity 

No. Every tweet from the Biden campaign is how a normal Presidential candidate interacts with fellow Americans. Biden, Obama, Bush’s, Romney, Dole, Clinton’s, etc.

Presidential.
By telling them whatever they think they want to hear in order to get their vote. This isn't a Democrat or Republican thing, it's a Politician thing. They care about 2 things. Getting into office and staying in office. 

"I wish people would stand up against this discrimination against police" 

*Presidential candidate does*

"yeah but he's just playing to his base" 

So that's how things go here? :lmao:
These are sidelights to make sure Biden can claim to support the police.

The real platform was on full display during the convention.  The silence there was deafening.

Users who are viewing this thread