What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another Officer Shooting...tonight 2 in Louisville. (1 Viewer)

These are sidelights to make sure Biden can claim to support the police.

The real platform was on full display during the convention.  The silence there was deafening.
So when someone says "I wish someone would stand up to discrimination against the police", it's kind of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" thing? 

These are sidelights to make sure Biden can claim to support the police.

The real platform was on full display during the convention.  The silence there was deafening.
Because the platform is different than reactions to current things.

To just claim its all polling and meaningless because it wasn't in the convention announcing the candidate is ridiculous IMO.  And ignores all Biden said before about violemce amd since.

From not even a whisper during the convention to this - it rings so hollow.  This is just the pollsters realizing that most Americans like the police and they hit the Code Red button.
He has been calling for increased LE funding as well as increased military funding for some time now.  As a progressive, it is a non starter for me and a reason (among several others) many on the left will not be voting for him

So, basically this ended up being one guy, among a handful of people who were at the hospital?

Well, at least nobody tried to sensationalize it.
There are >10M arrests per year.  Assuming there are 2 interactions for each arrest....30 wrongful deaths would equate to .000002 per interaction.

Based on the data seems like a lot of sensationalism going on here.

There are >10M arrests per year.  Assuming there are 2 interactions for each arrest....30 wrongful deaths would equate to .000002 per interaction.

Based on the data seems like a lot of sensationalism going on here.
1 "wrongful death" is too many for the group charged with public safety.

But, I am not sure where you are getting the "30" from.

I'd say the chances of them voting at all is pretty low...
ahhh but what you and I CAN agree on is pro-police political party (AKA GOP) isn't going to get their votes and the anti-police political party (AKA DNC) would

we all know those people doing those those are not MAGA hat wearers

I really don't know how police officers deal with these narcissistic jerks.
with emotional maturity and professional detachment hopefully.

which is why most people would be horrible at this challenging job.

and why i'm not optimistic that those advocating training and re-training for police are onto anything widely useful if people don't already have these qualities.

i imagine most potential hires undergo psychological testing, curious, does anyone know which tests are typically used?

This is like linking a video of some idiot white nationalist and asking if he’s voting for Republicans.  It’s stupid to do it on both sides. Their views don’t represent either side.
except GOP never supports that though - when has GOP bailed out white nationalist looters? when have they said they support defunding police and all those who support that idiocy? Who's leading the cities that allow all the looting/rioting ? c'mon man its not GOP/Republican 

Democrats have said for months how they support the protesting - and that means ALL of it, you cannot separate it all at this point because it always escalates. IMO the evidence is clear on who is doing all this - and Biden/Kamala and the DNC in my opinion support it in what they say and do.

Two protesters were arrested at the hospital.  There is some video in the replies.  Looks likr maybe a dozen or so protesters came to the hospital to csuse problemd.  

Here are some lovely replies to the LA Sheriff Tweet:

Ryan Parker@drowningcactus 56m Replying to @LASDHQ

"Quick, check if the cops had criminal records. Then we can determine if they deserved to die or not."

*Pretty Antifa Barbie@LilUrchin_Annie 6h Replying to @LASDHQ

"Y’all don’t care when citizens get shot soooooo why the tuck would we care about y’all???"

Jozef van der Sar@JoeDoikse Replying to @LASDHQ

"We can't rush to conclusions though!!! I hope the officers pull through but do we know what their criminal histories are? They might have been up to something nefarious when this went down. Could have been a self-defense situation. Hard to say until more of this gets uncovered."
Always a few people.

what political group DO you think they're voting with this Nov ?   Trump ?

https://youtu.be/lvHo7c3FG1k
A) We don't know which Party they're voting for.  I remember back in the day when a prominent Conservative went to the airwaves and told people to aim for the heads and not the bodies of Federal Officers because they wore body armor...so if you're asking me which side they're voting...I'd say...Trump. 

B) Mining the depths of youtube/twitter to find horrible people who say horrible things isn't that hard....nor is it solely the domain of anti-police enthusiasts.  

Last edited by a moderator:
NAACP chapter president Talbert Swan: 'No such thing as blue lives'

Is that guy Democrat or Republican? Biden or Trump supporter? any guesses ?

Swan continued. "If you’re expressing outrage over the shooting of two sheriff’s deputies, but we’re defending #KyleRittenhouse murdering two protesters in #Kenosha only days ago, you need to shut up and have a seat."

except hey Swan .... Rittenhouse didn't plan and execute anyone and in fact he'll likely get off because of self defense but hey, keep fanning those flames huh ?

Swan drew criticism in August when he tweeted the hashtag #wrongtrump after the president's brother Robert Trump died.

"Dear Grim Reaper, You took the #wrongtrump," wrote Swan, who is a pastor, radio host, and president of the Springfield, Mass., branch of the NAACP.

oh the hate runs deep in Swan doesn't it ??  :(    

A) We don't know which Party they're voting for.  I remember back in the day when a prominent Conservative went to the airwaves and told people to aim for the heads and not the bodies of Federal Officers because they wore body armor...so if you're asking me which side they're voting...I'd say...Trump. 
Yes, and the police shootings were largely peaceful.   Thankfully it looks like they both may survive.  

NAACP chapter president Talbert Swan: 'No such thing as blue lives'

Is that guy Democrat or Republican? Biden or Trump supporter? any guesses ?

Swan continued. "If you’re expressing outrage over the shooting of two sheriff’s deputies, but we’re defending #KyleRittenhouse murdering two protesters in #Kenosha only days ago, you need to shut up and have a seat."

except hey Swan .... Rittenhouse didn't plan and execute anyone and in fact he'll likely get off because of self defense but hey, keep fanning those flames huh ?

Swan drew criticism in August when he tweeted the hashtag #wrongtrump after the president's brother Robert Trump died.

"Dear Grim Reaper, You took the #wrongtrump," wrote Swan, who is a pastor, radio host, and president of the Springfield, Mass., branch of the NAACP.

oh the hate runs deep in Swan doesn't it ??  :(    
These kind of morally bankrupt arguements is Trump's only chance at re-election.  If the left is not going to shut down such violence and utter stupidity, i will vote Trump.  

except GOP never supports that though - when has GOP bailed out white nationalist looters? when have they said they support defunding police and all those who support that idiocy? Who's leading the cities that allow all the looting/rioting ? c'mon man its not GOP/Republican 

Democrats have said for months how they support the protesting - and that means ALL of it, you cannot separate it all at this point because it always escalates. IMO the evidence is clear on who is doing all this - and Biden/Kamala and the DNC in my opinion support it in what they say and do.
The guy in the video believes all cops are evil murderers.  This is an extreme, ridiculous view which is not supported by Democrats.

These kind of morally bankrupt arguements is Trump's only chance at re-election.  If the left is not going to shut down such violence and utter stupidity, i will vote Trump.  
Unfortunately Biden can unequivocally condemn the violence and people won’t believe him.

Unfortunately Biden can unequivocally condemn the violence and people won’t believe him.
Like this:

Biden doesn't mince words: "Acts of lawlessness and violence directed against police officers are unacceptable, outrageous, and entirely counterproductive to the pursuit of greater peace and justice in America ...Those who perpetrate these crimes must be brought to justice"

The guy in the video believes all cops are evil murderers.  This is an extreme, ridiculous view which is not supported by Democrats.

I think that's actually a very popular view right now - and which party has been supporting defunding police and anti-police groups like BLM and ANTIFA ?

c'mon ... together we can all say "DEMOCRATS"

because his party has supported all the "protesting" 

his statement meant nothing - why didn't he say he supported law enforcement in this horrible time? 

If we're going to take a handful of extremists on the left and attribute them to Biden/the democrats and take a handful of extremists on the right and attribute them to Trump we're not going to accomplish anything at all.

Shooting cops is bad, cheering for it is bad. Shooting protesters is bad, cheering for it is bad.

Like this:

Biden doesn't mince words: "Acts of lawlessness and violence directed against police officers are unacceptable, outrageous, and entirely counterproductive to the pursuit of greater peace and justice in America ...Those who perpetrate these crimes must be brought to justice"
Yeeaaaahhhh...... there's alot of code words in there.  I DON"T BELIEVE HIM! 

If we're going to take a handful of extremists on the left and attribute them to Biden/the democrats and take a handful of extremists on the right and attribute them to Trump we're not going to accomplish anything at all.

Shooting cops is bad, cheering for it is bad. Shooting protesters is bad, cheering for it is bad.
But it is not just a handful of extremist who are the problem.  It is those who propagate these myths such that Treyvon Martin was hunted down because he was wearing a hoodie.  Or that Micheal Brown was shot surrendering with his hands up pleading don't shot.  It is these type of lies spun by mainstream Democrats which feuls and provides cover for the psychopaths of the world to act.  

But it is not just a handful of extremist who are the problem.  It is those who propagate these myths such that Treyvon Martin was hunted down because he was wearing a hoodie.  Or that Micheal Brown was shot surrendering with his hands up pleading don't shot.  It is these type of lies spun by mainstream Democrats which feuls and provides cover for the psychopaths of the world to act.  
Oh I agree, the Democrat news channels are purely propaganda, as are the Republican channels. 

They're a business driven by ratings to get people worked up about stuff like this (the chants). 

Neither gives a damn about solving anything, they just want to keep everyone outraged because it translates into ratings and clicks and eventually... Votes. Pundits keep it going in exchange for tv contracts and book deals.

Essentially they're tearing everything down in the name of profit, but hey that's the American way I guess.

This is so difficult for me to digest.  2 police officers were shot.  Why would anyone even think about showing up at the hospital to protest and hoping they die?

Why even show up there?

This is like linking a video of some idiot white nationalist and asking if he’s voting for Republicans.  It’s stupid to do it on both sides. Their views don’t represent either side.
Yes, but the media and the left try to say that it is endemic to Republicanism, and if that isn't the claim, the claim is that the President deliberately seeks out that vote. No doubt in my mind that it works that way in the mass media.

This is so difficult for me to digest.  2 police officers were shot.  Why would anyone even think about showing up at the hospital to protest and hoping they die?

Why even show up there?
The protesters here and in Portland are not the best and brightest. Most are uneducated people who now have a media forum.

Summer Wheat said:

Why even show up there?
Why wouldnt they? Look at what these fools are getting away with all across the country. Prosecuters dismissing charges all over the place. You act as if this kind of sentiment is rare. It isnt. The amount of cop hate on twitter is absurd. People act that way on twitter because they have no fear of repercussions. 

Well take away that fear in real life and Wa Lah. 

Why wouldnt they? Look at what these fools are getting away with all across the country. Prosecuters dismissing charges all over the place. You act as if this kind of sentiment is rare. It isnt. The amount of cop hate on twitter is absurd. People act that way on twitter because they have no fear of repercussions. 

Well take away that fear in real life and Wa Lah. 
It’s truly so pathetic and sad that this is part of our society. What a disgusting story. Anyone with this cop hate sentiment is just as low as you can get. 

And the media does everything they can to support this terrible stuff.
Interesting note on why i had to use a 'dubious' source (as a couple of poster called it on posts they since editted), because there were no mainstream US sources which reported the LA Sheriff's tweet.  Two LA sheriff officers get shot and no one reports a tweet they made.  

A handful?

:thumbdown:
Yes a handful.  99% of police shootings are justified and only a handful are questionable.  Even most of the examples the left throw out as poster child examples are not clear cut abuse and are justified.  There are only a handful that the officer should be in jail for.  

There are more black on black murders in one weekend in Chicago than there are unjustified killings of blacks by police across the whole country over a year.  

Interesting note on why i had to use a 'dubious' source (as a couple of poster called it on posts they since editted), because there were no mainstream US sources which reported the LA Sheriff's tweet.  Two LA sheriff officers get shot and no one reports a tweet they made.  
In my opinion, the story should be about the officers. The handful of idiot protesters is a side story of questionable newsworthiness.  I fully understand why they wouldn’t quote the tweet.  Frankly, after I read your title and the tweet (the first I heard of this story) I assumed they were must more substantial than they were.

Seems like excessive use of force against a reporter covering the hospital scene:

L.A. deputies tackled and arrested a reporter. Her videos contradict their claims about the incident.
She deserved every bit of it.  She was belligerent and interfering with the arrest of a hostile individual who was threatening officers.  I am sure her selectively chosen video clips does not show how crappy she was behaving.  She is an activist who was looking to get arrested to up her creed.  

In my opinion, the story should be about the officers. The handful of idiot protesters is a side story of questionable newsworthiness.  I fully understand why they wouldn’t quote the tweet.  Frankly, after I read your title and the tweet (the first I heard of this story) I assumed they were must more substantial than they were.
Perhaps, but a few fans booing millionaire athletes who insist on parading their excessive blokiness get headline stories from CNN, Yahoo, and AP.  This is not even mentioned.  

Users who are viewing this thread