What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

#'s aren't crazy but Gaskin for the Dolphins looked good...9-40 running and 4-26 receiving...only week one but they used him like he was their #1 once they got him involved.

Taylor looked good for the Pats in limited use...4-28 rushing and 1 for 4 receiving...if you have room on your Dynasty bench it wouldn't hurt to give him a look for the next few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parris Cambell if he wasn't drafted. 

Crowder had a big day.

John Brown on BUF.

Hines for sure. Maybe Carlos Hyde.

Corey Clement depending on Scott's injury.

Interested to hear about opinions on Gaskin on MIA.

Valdez-Scantling may be a good pickup but feel that we'll see a lot of different guys step on on different SUndays in that offense.

T.J. Hockensen looks like he's getting looks from Stafford.

Guys I would avoid:
Justin Gage and Sammy Watkins may be a one week wonders given other options on the team - not sure those performances are sustainable week to week.

#'s aren't crazy but Gaskin for the Dolphins looked good...9-40 running and 4-26 receiving...only week one but they used him like he was their #1 once they got him involved.
This is one of the bigger surprises with Howard and Breida there. It’s not like Gaskins got his touches in garbage time.

Which one of the GB WRs? That's been the question for a few years. I'd go with MVS since he was #1 last year until he got injured and he's the one with speed.
If they're both available, I'd grab MVS. But Lazard is still a worthwhile grab in 12-team leagues.

Crowder had a big day.

John Brown on BUF.

Valdez-Scantling may be a good pickup but feel that we'll see a lot of different guys step on on different SUndays in that offense.

Guys I would avoid:
Justin Gage and Sammy Watkins may be a one week wonders given other options on the team - not sure those performances are sustainable week to week.
Right....Frisman Jackson

But Russell Gage will be in the slot 70-80% of the time though

Which one of the GB WRs? That's been the question for a few years. I'd go with MVS since he was #1 last year until he got injured and he's the one with speed.
MVS would be the guy I'd target. He started out hot last year before playing the rest of the season with nagging injuries. Also dropped a 61 yard TD today. 

This is one of the bigger surprises with Howard and Breida there. It’s not like Gaskins got his touches in garbage time.
Definitely not, they went to him during the regular flow of the game (and they went to him somewhat early as well) and he looked like their best back today.

Quintus Cephus WR DET

Had 10 targets today leading all WRs, only caught 3 but volume was there. If Golladay is out again I can see this as another sneaky add.

Curious if COVID has increased the number of teams who added IT slots for the first time like my league, but anyone looking at guys to stash in IT slots off the wire?

Deebo Samuels may have been drafted in many leagues, but he's one I can think of.

Devine Ozigbo may not be a factor as Robinson fared well today, but there's another.

Any other people who were declared out this week or are looking to come back in a few weeks that you're eyeing to stash right now off the wire? 

Curious if COVID has increased the number of teams who added IT slots for the first time like my league, but anyone looking at guys to stash in IT slots off the wire?

Deebo Samuels may have been drafted in many leagues, but he's one I can think of.

Devine Ozigbo may not be a factor as Robinson fared well today, but there's another.

Any other people who were declared out this week or are looking to come back in a few weeks that you're eyeing to stash right now off the wire? 
I stashed Ozigbo, Alshon Jeffrey, and Brandon Aiyuk. Also noticed that Josh Gordon is IR eligible on ESPN.

Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Crowder had a big day.

John Brown on BUF.

Unless a league is filled with nothing but halfwits, those guys should have been drafted already.

3 bench?  What's the point.  Dropping starters during bye weeks then it seems.
I've complained and complained.  It's a work league and I pretty much joined because of peer pressure.  The scoring system is terrible too, like something out of the 90s.

Stop with the stupidity.  Some teams have short benches and some players may be available in those leagues.  So if somebody is not available in your league do us all a favor and don’t tell us about it.
This thread gets made every year and these responses get made every year as well.  The point is we don't need to be told to pick up a guy who was already high on draft lists pre-season.

Pending availability (of course), Joshua Kelley looks really intriguing. I’ve read a lot about how limited Tyrod has been with targeting RBs historically, which will really hurt Ekeler. If Kelley plays a role like today, that could be a valuable part of the LAC backfield off waivers. 

Unless a league is filled with nothing but halfwits, those guys should have been drafted already.
Campbell and Brown -- as well as guys in my post and in this thread -- Brown, Hines, and Hockensen -- were drafted in my league but you don't see me casting aspersions on other leagues or advice given just because it's not my own situation.

All info helps as all leagues are different.

If any advice, opinion, or people trying to help isn't applicable to you, I'm with @The Dude - try to add something constructive to the conversation or move on to a post that is applicable to you.

Hot take: Goedert is better than Ertz

Get him

Also Campbell could be 2019 DJ Chark

Hines, Lazard too

Anthony Miller has a clear ceiling in Chicago but a free WR3 ain't bad

Cephus in dynasty

How much of their blind bidding budget are folks blowing on Gaskin or Cole?
I was thinking of at least 30% on Gaskin, in my league week 1-3 is always nuts, last year we had 3 different players go for 50%+ of the annual FAAB!

I may even be lowballing my 30% thought for Gaskin.....not many other RB's on the wire worth the gamble in a 16 team league. 

Gaskin played 63% of the snaps seemingly out of nowhere.  Breida didn't get a carry till 6:40 left in the second quarter and played only 14 snaps (23%).  Howard played 9 snaps (15%).

The game wasn't out of hand, and I don't think the offense was doing anything gameplan specific.  They just seemed to think Gaskin was their best option, at least judging by the stats.

Didn't see the game and would love to hear more about Gaskin from those who did.  Guy doesn't even have a thread ... only mentioned a few times in some of the prospect analysis threads.

Users who are viewing this thread