What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

One thing I love about IDP leagues is that there are 3 more positions to compete for on the wire. With 12 teams you never know who’s going to prioritize what. Some will be putting priority on LB, DB or DL Due to injury or hot pickup, some will be targeting RB, WR, TE, QB. 

Makes it a lot easier to get a guy. I managed to get Paris Campbell & MVS (had Mike Williams higher than MVS, but it was close) and was still able to pick up a DL I needed for potential injury replacement.

IDP is just better like that. :wub:  

Trying to nab 2 of the following 3 in a perpetual keeper league (Non-PPR):

Parris Campbell

Brandon Aiyuk

Laviska Shenault Jr.

Tempted to rank them as such. Any thoughts? I'm set at WR, this is simply for depth/ceiling. 

Trying to nab 2 of the following 3 in a perpetual keeper league (Non-PPR):

Parris Campbell

Brandon Aiyuk

Laviska Shenault Jr.

Tempted to rank them as such. Any thoughts? I'm set at WR, this is simply for depth/ceiling. 
I drafted Laviska and picked up Parris.  As I've previously stated Laviska is a gamer and can be used in many different ways.  Hopefully (and it appears they might try) JAX lines him up in the Wildcat, etc.

Full disclosure - CU Buffs fan so the Laviska love is biased.

any FAAB results for hines (in the leagues he was a FA)?

considering making a play but would need to drop 2 of J robinson, reagor, preston williams, z moss, or hunter henry to get him

Gaskin or Kelley in full PPR?

I have a feeling Myles is off the radar for my league mates but Kelley might get snagged. Waivers have already run, have until tomorrow night to pick up one of them for free.

Carson/Ingram/Hines/Murray/Edmonds/Darrell Williams on my roster, would drop a backup QB or TE to pick them up.

Michel and Fournette were dropped this morning but meh.

Oof. You keep asking me to choose between an anchovy milkshake and a skittles & mushroom pizza. 

Probably still Kelly since it’s PPR, but it’s closer if you think ADP is going to keep getting the volume. 
Old Man gonna lead Detroit in rushing. Which might be tallest midget in the room so nothing to brag about. But I don’t think his week 1 usage in the passing game is sustainable, KJ & Swift would (logically) get most of the targets.

Our Waiver processed 12:00 pm EST today:

Devonte Booker  LVR RB $2

Jordan Akins Hou TE  $3

Mohamed Sanu SF WR $3

Keelan Cole  Jax WR $5

Josh Adams NYJ RB $11 

All other targets already rostered! 

Last edited by a moderator:

considering making a play but would need to drop 2 of J robinson, reagor, preston williams, z moss, or hunter henry to get him
I bid $126 on him out of a $250 budget and was outbid.  He went for $153 or over 60% of someone's budget.  And this is a 1/2 PPR league.

Be prepared to spend at least 1/2 your budget for Hines if you want him.

How about Scott Miller with Godwin now in the protocol? Going up against a soft Car D and Seemed to have a connection last week with Brady. 

Well, thought I bid enough to nab Newton but someone ended up bidding 25%.

Someone went hard and scooped MVS for 20+% and S. Miller for 15%.

I ended up landing Gogert, even though my bid on him was just a flyer. Now I have way too many TEs on my roster. Looking to trade out.

I already have Hines and JRob, so I guess it's still a win.

My choice is coming down to Gaskin or Campbell.....I'm pretty stacked at WR though....leaning Myles "Sandman" Gaskin....of course I just went back and watched his college highlight reel!  That'll get you every time....
I feel like there should be a law where every highlight reel must be accompanied by a “lowlight” reel.

I mean, it’s great seeing a dude run through a hole you could push a refrigerator through on a dolly, or flatten a 178 lb cornerback on a “power run”, but they should have to keep the ish fair & balanced.  

I'd put Aiyuk last in your list.
Aiyuk last in the list of keepers?  Hmmmm . . . I know he did not play week 1, and perhaps that has caused some to be down on him, but he was a first-round pick for a reason, and he is coming off of a great camp.  I am really excited about all 3 of these players, but I might put Aiyuk at the very top of the list.

I won him for $66 (of $200 budget). 2nd was only $38. 

And FWIW, I dropped Aiyuk for him

I drafted Laviska and picked up Parris.  As I've previously stated Laviska is a gamer and can be used in many different ways.  Hopefully (and it appears they might try) JAX lines him up in the Wildcat, etc.

Full disclosure - CU Buffs fan so the Laviska love is biased.
OSU Beaver here.....I remember Shenault well.....helluva football player

OSU Beaver here.....I remember Shenault well.....helluva football player
I think the Laviska, Aiyuk, Campbell discussion is a great debate. The reasons? They’re all talented, and I’ve yet to see consensus anywhere. 

It’ll be interesting to see which player has the best first 3-4 seasons.

I'd put Aiyuk last in your list.
Aiyuk last in the list of keepers?  Hmmmm . . . I know he did not play week 1, and perhaps that has caused some to be down on him, but he was a first-round pick for a reason, and he is coming off of a great camp.  I am really excited about all 3 of these players, but I might put Aiyuk at the very top of the list.
Aah...I'd assumed this was redraft.  Even so, moving to dyansty/keeper I am lower (apparently than most?) on Aiyuk.  There is definitely my SF wr discount included in that.

Aiyuk: My concern with Aiyuk is that I don't trust the consistency of the SF offense (target share and play calling) and I am not sure how the pecking order shakes out once Deebo is healthy. I honestly don't know too much about Aiyuk and so it is a bit of an assumption that I have made that he is quite similar to Deebo.  Do they cancel each other out? Each have a great week once every 3 weeks (counting the third week as a dud for both due to SF game plan)? Does one (and which one) take the lion's share? I think it is less likely that both Aiyuk and Deebo become consistently startable wrs. I drank the koolaid on Deebo and bought last year.  But I tend to give a slight downgrade to SF wrs... not to the same point that I do rbs on Detroit, but again, I just don't trust the consistency.

Campbell: I think Campbell is a much safer play this year and might have an equal ceiling in subsequent years as long as Rivers is at the helm at least. 

Shenault: I fear injuries with Shenault, but I like what he brings to the table and if he remains healthy, I think he has a chance to be 1b to Chark's 1a in an offense that is likely to be playing a lot of catchup.

purely from a skills perspective this is certainly arguable, but what is the upside of a WR1 on this team? and Aiyuk isn't the WR1 for the immediate future and looking at next year and beyond from a keeper perspective, the further u go away from today, more likely Deebo is back. So then what's the upside of a WR2 on this team? This is the logic that keeps me away from all receivers on the 9ers not named Kittles.

Shenault's upside I would say is Chark2019 and Paris imo has a higher ceiling as well when considering the situation they're all in. Of course i'm stating upside and not tangible stats, but under the circumstances I'd put him at the bottom as well. fwiw, in my 3 year keeper salary FAAB league both Shenault and Campbell were drafted, no one picked up Aiyuk last night in the first waiver.

Awkward situation here: a team owner, under the influence of the devil's syrup I assume, dropped Darius Slayton for Malcom Brown 😂😂😂

What % of my FAAB would you recommend spending on this dude? 

Dynasty PPR League - 2WR + FLEX

WR: Allen Robinson, Mike Evans, Julio Jones, AJ Brown, Will Fuller, DJ Chark, Jerry Jeudy, Bryan Edwards, Allan Lazard, Diontae Johnson

I mean, I know I don't really need him but - could be a nice tradeable asset for the league?  Or, in other news - should I reach out to the owner and try to put Slayton back on his roster and ask who he would rather drop?  Lol.

Aah...I'd assumed this was redraft.  Even so, moving to dyansty/keeper I am lower (apparently than most?) on Aiyuk.  There is definitely my SF wr discount included in that.

Aiyuk: My concern with Aiyuk is that I don't trust the consistency of the SF offense (target share and play calling) and I am not sure how the pecking order shakes out once Deebo is healthy. I honestly don't know too much about Aiyuk and so it is a bit of an assumption that I have made that he is quite similar to Deebo.  Do they cancel each other out? Each have a great week once every 3 weeks (counting the third week as a dud for both due to SF game plan)? Does one (and which one) take the lion's share? I think it is less likely that both Aiyuk and Deebo become consistently startable wrs. I drank the koolaid on Deebo and bought last year.  But I tend to give a slight downgrade to SF wrs... not to the same point that I do rbs on Detroit, but again, I just don't trust the consistency.

Campbell: I think Campbell is a much safer play this year and might have an equal ceiling in subsequent years as long as Rivers is at the helm at least. 

Shenault: I fear injuries with Shenault, but I like what he brings to the table and if he remains healthy, I think he has a chance to be 1b to Chark's 1a in an offense that is likely to be playing a lot of catchup.
I definitely like the Colts offense the best of the three, although there is uncertainty who will be at the helm after this season.  Does Rivers stick around, or do they start building for the future?  TY Hilton is 30, so his time as the team's main downfield threat may be drawing to a close.  They also drafted Pittman this season, so it is likely to remain a loaded offense, with Taylor and Hines also in the mix.

Aiyuk is not the battering ram that Deebo is, but, like Deebo, he is dynamic after the catch.  I agree there is some uncertainty in how SF will distribute touches to its wideouts.  I thought the Niners drafted Aiyuk a bit too high.  I had Aiyuk targeted as a second-round pick, slightly ahead of Shenault, but the Niners obviously saw something, and I trust their assessment.  All the camp reports out of San Francisco were glowing.  Kittle is the primary receiver in the Niners' offense, and Deebo should continue to be the WR1.  I worry that Deebo may suffer through a lot of injuries.  He is the Chris Carson of wideouts:  he plays with fearless abandon.  

I don't know that the Jags' offense is especially more prolific than the Niners' offense.  I would call that pretty much a wash. I see some of the same qualities in Shenault that I admire in Deebo and Aiyuk.  However, Chark is firmly entrenched as the WR1 in Jacksonville.  

Talent-wise, I like all 3 of these receivers.  Strictly based on talent, I would put Aiyuk at the top of the list (although it is extremely close).  For dynasty purposes, I consider talent above situation, but certainly situation matters.  If push came to shove, I might take Parris Campbell and the Colts' offense ahead of Aiyuk for dynasty, but I would put Shenault at the bottom of the list (and I really like Shenault).  2019 causes me some hesitation with Campbell (and, yes, I know he battled through an injury).

Gaskin or Kelley in full PPR?

I have a feeling Myles is off the radar for my league mates but Kelley might get snagged. Waivers have already run, have until tomorrow night to pick up one of them for free.

Carson/Ingram/Hines/Murray/Edmonds/Darrell Williams on my roster, would drop a backup QB or TE to pick them up.

Michel and Fournette were dropped this morning but meh.
how about standard leagues? I know nothing about Gaskin

I definitely like the Colts offense the best of the three, although there is uncertainty who will be at the helm after this season.  Does Rivers stick around, or do they start building for the future?  TY Hilton is 30, so his time as the team's main downfield threat may be drawing to a close.  They also drafted Pittman this season, so it is likely to remain a loaded offense, with Taylor and Hines also in the mix.

Aiyuk is not the battering ram that Deebo is, but, like Deebo, he is dynamic after the catch.  I agree there is some uncertainty in how SF will distribute touches to its wideouts.  I thought the Niners drafted Aiyuk a bit too high.  I had Aiyuk targeted as a second-round pick, slightly ahead of Shenault, but the Niners obviously saw something, and I trust their assessment.  All the camp reports out of San Francisco were glowing.  Kittle is the primary receiver in the Niners' offense, and Deebo should continue to be the WR1.  I worry that Deebo may suffer through a lot of injuries.  He is the Chris Carson of wideouts:  he plays with fearless abandon.  

I don't know that the Jags' offense is especially more prolific than the Niners' offense.  I would call that pretty much a wash. I see some of the same qualities in Shenault that I admire in Deebo and Aiyuk.  

Talent-wise, I like all 3 of these receivers.  Strictly based on talent, I would put Aiyuk at the top of the list (although it is extremely close).  For dynasty purposes, I consider talent above situation, but certainly situation matters.  If push came to shove, I might take Parris Campbell and the Colts' offense ahead of Aiyuk for dynasty, but I would put Shenault at the bottom of the list (and I really like Shenault).  2019 causes me some hesitation with Campbell (and, yes, I know he battled through an injury).
I think we are not far off in our assessments.  I also have all 3 fairly close.  And certainly, Campbell has to prove that he will stay healthy. 

I did not mean to say that the Jags offense is more prolific.  I do think that whatever their offense ends up being, it will have less variance than that of SF.  I also think they are more likely to be needing late game heroics and garbage time counts as much as 1st quarter in our game.

For the deeper dynasty league players I picked up Darnell Mooney, WR CHI.

Rookie that got decent camp buzz.  Undersized but a good route runner, fast.

First game caught 3 passes for 38yrds, showed nice moves.

3 catches on 3 targets from Trubisky...that alone is noteworthy.

If Arob moves on he moves up.

For the deeper dynasty league players I picked up Darnell Mooney, WR CHI.

Rookie that got decent camp buzz.  Undersized but a good route runner, fast.

First came caught 3 passes for 38yrds, showed nice moves.

3 catches on 3 targets from Trubisky...that alone is noteworthy.

If Arob moves on he moves up.
Shhh....Mooney is better than Anthony Miller.

How good is Logan Thomas? I watched some film from week one and he doesn't look special. He's big. He got a lot of targets but only caught 3 balls. I just lost Jarwin and am left with only Jonnu.  Is he worth spending a decent amount of FAAB on? My team is stacked other than TE so I'd hate to completely punt the position. 

Something tells me Jimmy Graham is gonna be fantasy relevant this year. At least he should score some TD's

Greg olsen is out there or should I speculate that Dissley ends up being the man there?

Dawson Knox?

I'm in TE hell.

Maybe I should wait it out and hope a better TE is dropped at some point.

I find that difficult to believe. Miller is a very underrated player. 
What do you mean by underrated.  I dont own him in FF, but I almost did and he looks like a super frustrating hold over the years.

His own team only thinks he is a part time player, in for 42% of snaps.  Mooney, a 5th round rookie on opening day with no preseason...was in for 32%

I agree ARob highly likely to stay in CHI

He went for $83 in my half PPR league.  $200 budget.

Anybody see any Logan Thomas bids?

Also, I really want to get Van Jefferson. LA has had three fantasy relevant receivers before and this kid is a stud. 

What do you mean by underrated.  I dont own him in FF, but I almost did and he looks like a super frustrating hold over the years.

His own team only thinks he is a part time player, in for 42% of snaps.  Mooney, a 5th round rookie on opening day with no preseason...was in for 32%

Not to hijack the conversation of Mooney, but I’m curious about people’s feelings about Riley Ridley. Heard so much about how the Bears got a steal on him and that he was the best route running wr in that years draft. Is he a forgotten wr at this time? His he just he not panning out at the NFL level? Serious question as I don’t watch many Bears games other than when they play the Vikes. 

I mean he’s performed better than people give him credit for. That’s “underrated”

like game 1, playing hurt, not expected to contribute much, came up with a big play TD.

I don’t know if he’s frustrating to own or not - that’s an emotional reaction to participation in magical football. 

As a football wide receiver, I have the opinion that he’s underrated. AR15 is the only WR people seem to know about in Chicago, but Miller makes some big plays for that team. 

As a football wide receiver, I have the opinion that he’s underrated. AR15 is the only WR people seem to know about in Chicago, but Miller makes some big plays for that team. 
Miller made big plays in two later games in the season last year which might be what you're remembering. Otherwise, he was invisible or injured, really. When healthy, he can be a really good second to Robinson, but he's shown neither durability nor consistently in the role, IMO.

Miller made big plays in two later games in the season last year which might be what you're remembering. Otherwise, he was invisible or injured, really. When healthy, he can be a really good second to Robinson, but he's shown neither durability nor consistently in the role, IMO.
He wasn’t invisible, he was out to injury. When he came back he made some big plays. 

i don’t recall games he played and didn’t contribute.

the durability has been the problem, not the talent. 

He wasn’t invisible, he was out to injury. When he came back he made some big plays. 

i don’t recall games he played and didn’t contribute.

the durability has been the problem, not the talent. 
He's started eleven games in two years prior. I said either invisible/or due to injury. I'm not sure who you're arguing against given that. 

He's started eleven games in two years prior. I said either invisible/or due to injury. I'm not sure who you're arguing against given that. 
Not arguing, discussing. I just remembered him being hurt rather than ineffective. “Invisible” to me implies on the field and not producing. 

girls, you’re both pretty

A Miller has always had the talent, the issue is mostly staying healthy, right? well that and his QB sucks VS everyone except Detroit

I bid $126 on him out of a $250 budget and was outbid.  He went for $153 or over 60% of someone's budget.  And this is a 1/2 PPR league.

Be prepared to spend at least 1/2 your budget for Hines if you want him.
I see this nonsense every year... how can you blow the bulk of your budget, this early, on a player in a part-time role?

I see this nonsense every year... how can you blow the bulk of your budget, this early, on a player in a part-time role?
In my situation, my starters are Conner and Sanders, both nicked up.  And I wasn't strong at RB to begin with.  So spending 1/2 my FAAB was reasonable to me.  The guy that won the bid has Henry and Jacobs at RB with Gordon as his RB3, spending 60% of his budget on Hines didn't make sense.  Oh well, I can see your point, and I am not mad for losing the bid.  $126 was the max that I wanted to spend.

Due to a pitiful output of points brought upon by a collective blunder so far of my Draft, I was picking 1st in line tonight, managed to grab Malcolm Brown but was thinking maybe McKinnon would be a better choice, somehow he was still there on the 2nd go around so I scooped him up too, cut Coleman. 

These aren't season changers or anything, in fact I can't recall a less talented waive wire after the 1st week of the season in a while. And the injuries are just starting. 

Anybody see any Logan Thomas bids?

Also, I really want to get Van Jefferson. LA has had three fantasy relevant receivers before and this kid is a stud. 
In my High Stakes league he went for $103 (out of a $1,000 budget).  Next highest bid was $91.

Users who are viewing this thread