What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cast your vote for the worst head coach in the league (1 Viewer)

Please choose carefully unlike the Jets front office

• Adam Gase

Votes: 139 76.0%
  • Other

Votes: 44 24.0%

• Total voters
:lol:  

this poll! 

imma throw in a vote for Sean Payton. Up 2 scores with 2:12 on the clock and they got all sorts of cute. Then tried to score & got Thomas rolled up on. 

i know he doesn’t belong in the conversation big-picture, but trying to run it up on the Bucs for no apparent reason after a COVID-preseason seems grossly irresponsible. 

If Thomas suffered a season-ended he’d be roundly criticized, which to me means he should be criticized anyway. 

The Jets roster is horrible. At least the Lions have talent. Therefore, the "defensive guru" Patricia gets my vote for worst coach. But Gase sucks too.

Bob is an awful GM but he is an average ish coach--maybe below average but he has made the playoffs with Brock Osweiler and Brian Hoyer as his starting QBs
That's why I didn't give him top billing in this poll. He's awful in so many ways but deep down he knows it. Gase has zero awareness about the situation. 

TwinTurbo said:
Buffaloes said:
Matt Patty then BOB way ahead of the field on this one
I gave serious consideration to including both names but Other is the only credit for which they are currently worthy. 

DocHolliday said:
It’s Patricia today.  Horrible coaching.  He isn’t making it through the season. 
The Lions fired Jim Caldwell for going 9-7.

Matt Patricia took over and is now 9-23-1.

Three openers:

• Lost to the Jets by 31 at home. NY won 3 of their last 15.  
• Blew an 18-point 4the Q lead to a rookie QB.  
• Blew a 17-point 4th Q lead to a pedestrian QB who has lot them up for 9TDs in his last 3 wins over Detroit. Trubisky has 11 passing TDs in the other 14 games during that span.

I don’t know how Other isn’t running away with this.

Three openers:

• Blew a 17-point 4th Q lead to a pedestrian QB who has lot them up for 9TDs in his last 3 wins over Detroit. Trubisky has 11 passing TDs in the other 14 games during that span.

alienating the locker room and Detroit's best player (Slay) the way he did was the biggest red flag imo. that, losing, and a general hubris was the MO of Josh McDaniels when he ran the Broncos into the ground. Patricia looks to be doing the exact same thing to Detroit.

Patricia is worse. The Lions have a lot of talent, the Jets do not. Patricia is just another bum who got rich off Belichick's greatness. I guess Gase did that with Manning too, but at least Gase has a playoff season on his resume.

Can we start the year off by firing Gase, Fat Pat, and the artist formerly known as BOB please? I don't care who you get to replace the three of them, just as long as it's not another retread.

Three openers:

I saw a stat that showed Patricia has lost a fourth quarter lead in over a third of his games. 

Jets fans whining about their 60 year history.

:cry:

Y’all won a Super Bowl.

This guy is all Lions fans. I’ve had at least 12-15 moments like that in the last 54 seasons.

Today I didn’t watch. Looking at the extended highlights it barely registered. I love the franchise and the city of Detroit, but I just can’t waste any more of my life on them.

TwinTurbo said:
Factoring in week 1 and their career W/L record, who gets your vote?
If this is the criteria, it's gotta be Kevin Stefanski.  38-6 and .000 win percentage. 

“Is there something in your coaching that maybe isn’t happening for you to close out games?” Mike O’Hara asked of the coach. “Yeah, I don’t think so Mike. I think I’ve got one of the biggest plays in the fourth quarter in the history of the NFL where I think I did a pretty good job. So, I don’t think it’s that,” Patricia responded. What play is he referring to? Malcolm Butler intercepting Russell Wilson on the 1-yard line in Super Bowl XLIX.
Wow. How does an owner listen to that and not immediately take the microphone away and say, "Yeah, that's enough. You're fired."

Gase is locker room poison. His players can't stand playing for him. He is awful. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently it's     1. Gase     2. Patricia     3. BOB

5 years from now the list will be     1. Lions or Browns HC     2. Lions or Browns HC     3. flavor of the week HC

10 years from now the list will be     1. Lions or Browns HC     2. Lions or Browns HC     3. flavor of the week HC

Gase is locker room poison. His players can't stand playing for him. He is awful. 
Patricia alienated an All Pro cornerback by calling him a ########## for cozying up to opposing wide receivers, alienated a ten year vet who was the best leader in the clubhouse, and ran one of the best slot corners in the league outta town bc he was buds with both of them. Absolutely pointless junior high malarkey.

Patricia talks a great game but gets no results.
You're there, I'm not, but I've seen little evidence of this.

I'm sure he's a smart guy. But he doesn't understand HOOMans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Patricia alienated an All Pro cornerback by calling him a ########## for cozying up to opposing wide receivers, alienated a ten year vet who was the best leader in the clubhouse, and ran one of the best slot corners in the league bc he was buds with both of them. Absolutely pointless junior high malarkey.

You're there, I'm not, but I've seen little evidence of this.

I'm sure he's a smart guy. But he doesn't understand HOOMans.
We he talks he sounds like he knows all the Xs and Os and ins and outs.  Just not getting it done on the field.  The dropped pass by Swift cost them a W but they still gave up 21 points in 10 minutes in the 4th

We he talks he sounds like he knows all the Xs and Os and ins and outs.  Just not getting it done on the field.  The dropped pass by Swift cost them a W but they still gave up 21 points in 10 minutes in the 4th
With 4 CBs with hammy issues - and nine (9) players out or limited with hamstring issues - he still had them rushing 3 and playing man to man. They do not have the personnel to play more man coverage than any team in the league. Maddening.

With 4 CBs with hammy issues - and nine (9) players out or limited with hamstring issues - he still had them rushing 3 and playing man to man. They do not have the personnel to play more man coverage than any team in the league. Maddening.
Yes, don`t understand that part.  Lions were almost last in the NFL in pressure last season and they are sticking with the same scheme.

Yes, don`t understand that part.  Lions were almost last in the NFL in pressure last season and they are sticking with the same scheme.
I think most coaches have their 1 scheme they believe in and they are going to stick with it regardless. It worked one time before, so it must be great and the only way to go. If they don't have the personnel for it, that is the players fault. 

BOB should be the clear favorite here. He’s not only a top option for consideration for worst coach, but he’s probably the 1.1 pick for worst GM too. He’s a double threat!

BOB should be the clear favorite here. He’s not only a top option for consideration for worst coach, but he’s probably the 1.1 pick for worst GM too. He’s a double threat!
Did you watch any of the jets game?  BOB may be trying to kill his franchise qb, but at least he inherited a team that can play football.

Gase and Patricia are terrible, but I'll never NOT vote for Bill O'Brien. Having him as GM too is just too much to take. Felt like the game was over at the opening kickoff.

Users who are viewing this thread