What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you could start a new career what would it be? (1 Viewer)

Radiologist.  Go to office a couple of times a week.  Look at X-Rays and MRIs from home.  Make $500K.

Dermatologist -  Get to office at 5:30.  Finish at noon.  An emergency is removing a mole.  On golf course by 2 pm.  Make $400K. (actually the one in the office next to our non-related business pulls in about $3M doing collagen injections and the like  ... so yeah)

Last edited by a moderator:
Radiologist.  Go to office a couple of times a week.  Look at X-Rays and MRIs from home.  Make $500K.

Dermatologist -  Get to office at 5:30.  Finish at noon.  An emergency is removing a mole.  On golf course by 2 pm.  Make $400K.
My luck, I'd get 3 people in my first week on the job with some sort of flesh-eating bacteria. 

I'm going to say rodeo clown. 

Dermatologist -  Get to office at 5:30.  Finish at noon.  An emergency is removing a mole.  On golf course by 2 pm.  Make $400K. (actually the one in the office next to our non-related business pulls in about $3M doing collagen injections and the like  ... so yeah)
Radiologist looks to be 8 additional years post undergrad. Which is not bad considering if you were 22-23 out of undergrad, you'd be 30-31 by the time you're done school. Big debt, but also a hefty salary to pay off said debt. Don't know how many years it would take to pay off said debt (google shows average med school debt is 230k), but my guess is by your early 40's, you're sitting real pretty. 

Or I'm fairly certain the military will pay for your medical school. You'd owe them time, but you'd be a doctor in the military and debt would be paid off. Would get out of the military and be debt free. 

Would have gone into the Navy at 18, did my 30 and retire at 48 like one of my high school buddies did. He's now living the life in Florida, retired and posting pics of him smoking ribs and brisket every few days while I work, and work, and work...

I'd get into home improvement - landscaping, home improvement and renovation, etc.  Not me doing the work, but rather building a company to do that type of work.  I really like that sort of thing, and honestly, I've dealt with so many people in that field that have zero clue about running a successful business - no concept of customer service at all, no concept of competitive pricing, horrible marketing, etc.  I think if I got into that line of work with some of what I know now about finance, business, and marketing, I could dominate the local market.  The amount of money spent in this area is massive, and there's an abundance of cheap labor.  I'm sure I'll get posts about the "not so attractive" sides of it, but I still think it's an industry ripe for some evolution.

I think a lot of times the guys who do the work are tradesmen - and then they branch out and start their own businesses, etc.  The issue is they've spent time perfecting their trade, and not being good business people - understanding margins, customer service, etc.  When they get into ownership/management, they're not always the best.  

on the day my father told me he'd decided to take good vacations instead of start a college fund for me because i was so smart that, if i didn't get to the Ivy League on a scholarship it would be my own damn fault, i chose to never even apply to a college (quit HS @ 15) and live on my wits. i do not regret that decision one li'l bit, nor do those who've heard my tales

except for one thing. the psych biz is 98.4% wrong, psych is my greatest talent & passion, i actually know what the difference will be between Human2000 and Human2200 that will make them laugh at us the way we do at doctor/barbers of our past, but my theories cant be advanced to the acceptance or research track without initials behind my name. that knowledge rips at my guts daily, as much if not more than widowerhood

Though I'm getting closer to the end of my career than the beginning, I do find the lawyer thread here fascinating...

on the day my father told me he'd decided to take good vacations instead of start a college fund for me because i was so smart that, if i didn't get to the Ivy League on a scholarship it would be my own damn fault, i chose to never even apply to a college (quit HS @ 15) and live on my wits. i do not regret that decision one li'l bit, nor do those who've heard my tales

except for one thing. the psych biz is 98.4% wrong, psych is my greatest talent & passion, i actually know what the difference will be between Human2000 and Human2200 that will make them laugh at us the way we do at doctor/barbers of our past, but my theories cant be advanced to the acceptance or research track without initials behind my name. that knowledge rips at my guts daily, as much if not more than widowerhood
I'm interested 

I still say Rose should have made room for you on that door.

I'm interested 
PM me and i'll happily burden you with my diatribes...

simply put, our reactive systems are designed for survival, not leisure, and the way we've abstracted the dictates of one into the other is all wrong. in addition, the human personality is the most complicated machine in creation, yet we each believe ourselves able to operate ours without instruction, plan or rehearsal, entirely improvised. the ability of the average human to see oneself as Tom Brady without ever having practiced a play is flabbergasting

I would like to create a business where people buy books online and expand it to sell pretty much everything known to man. 

I think I could be a philanthropist, a kickass philanthropist. I would have all this money, and people would love me. Then they would come to me and beg. And if I felt like it, I would help them out. And then they would owe me big time!

Pro streamer.  I feel like any of us could have started streaming back in the chainsaw days, with just the initial boost of fbg activity & actively streaming new titles, any of us could have been making boatloads by now.  We all missed the boat on this one.

Physician assistant for some sort of procedural specialty, maybe orthopedics. Short training period and decent pay for an interesting job, with minimal liability if the SHTF.

If we include jobs for which one needs a bit of talent to succeed, I’d choose to be a professional athlete in an interesting sport - skiing, climbing or tennis.

Users who are viewing this thread