What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Taking advantage if your league extended IR this season (1 Viewer)

DirtyCashDylan

Footballguy
Great year to grab project players with season ending injuries and stash them for next season. Let's start a list!

Bo Scarborough is on IR for the time being it seems, though it isn't injury related.

Same 3 IR spots as always in my league but I’m using it to stash young lottery ticket guys for now without any big injuries to my main roster:

Jacob Breeland (this ones my favorite currently, stashing in every league) 

Bo Scarborough 

Kahale Warring 

as commish i decided against expanding IR this year because frankly, a good manager knows how to use (and abuse) IR to stash players so i felt it would just further the divide between good and bad owners

as commish i decided against expanding IR this year because frankly, a good manager knows how to use (and abuse) IR to stash players so i felt it would just further the divide between good and bad owners
I see your non-expansion and raise you no IR spots in my league......;)

16 team IDP League...Somewhat deep benches though with 14 bench slots (3 of which are for just this year due to COVID concerns) and an additional 3 man Taxi Squad. So many players are rostered (possible of 496) not much on the Waiver Wire out there so there is flexibility without the IR hassle. 

I found that in previous leagues it was a nightmare to keep up with Out vs IR and owners constantly tried to circumvent the system. When I started this league 4 years ago that was one of the big changes - no IR. Makes my job sooooo much easier! 

Do we really think Bo will be fantasy relevant again, though?
Not really, but he’s a free add and I had an open spot. The way I look at it, even if the odds are tiny, if you have free add/drops after your waivers run and aren’t filling your IR, Taxi, and bench to its limit at all times you aren’t doing everything you can to win or mine talent. I can immediately tell when someone isn’t a competitive owner, long term, if they sit on any empty taxi or bench spots in dynasty no matter how deep the rosters are. IR is slightly more grey area bc the wire can be thin, but those are added value spots too even if it’s a long shot.

You say this like it's a bad thing

I see your non-expansion and raise you no IR spots in my league......;)

16 team IDP League...Somewhat deep benches though with 14 bench slots (3 of which are for just this year due to COVID concerns) and an additional 3 man Taxi Squad. So many players are rostered (possible of 496) not much on the Waiver Wire out there so there is flexibility without the IR hassle. 

I found that in previous leagues it was a nightmare to keep up with Out vs IR and owners constantly tried to circumvent the system. When I started this league 4 years ago that was one of the big changes - no IR. Makes my job sooooo much easier! 
We can set up the system so you cannot set a lineup if you have illegal players on IR.  It automatically keeps everyone in line so they cannot circumvent the system.  I am not sure what you think is so hard about that.

@DirtyCashDylan

To make this more inclusive for Redraft, maybe add players who will be coming off IR at some point?
I would love a debate about stashing redraft guys.

Here's a list as a starter, far from complete, just the guys I've more or less heard of but certainly missing a few. Not sure how I would rank or dive in to know if we think these guys will be back this year:

• David Njoku (CLE)
  • Trey Burton (IND)
  • Marlon Mack (IND -- not coming back, I imagine)
  • KeeSean Johnson (ARI)
  • Blake Jarwin (DAL -- is he expected to be back this year after tearing ACL?)
  • Bo Scarborough (DET)
  • Geronimo Allison (DET)
  • Isaiah Coulter (HOU)
  • Devine Ozigbo (JAX)
  • Ryquell Armstead (JAX)
  • Damien Harris (NE)
  • Denzel Mims (NYG)
  • Tyrell Williams (LV)
  • Rashaad Penny (SEA)
  • Deebo Samuel (SF)
  • Tavon Austin (SF)
  • Jalen Hurd (SFO)
Out of these guys, would be looking to stash Ozigbo, Armstead, Harris, Penny, Samuel, and maybe Austin.

I would love a debate about stashing redraft guys.

Here's a list as a starter, far from complete, just the guys I've more or less heard of but certainly missing a few. Not sure how I would rank or dive in to know if we think these guys will be back this 

• Blake Jarwin (DAL -- is he expected to be back this year after tearing ACL?)
  • Geronimo Allison (DET)
Jarwin is done for the year and Allison opted out for COVID.  Neither are coming back this year

If your league becomes too top heavy then the league is no fun.  The same guys winning all the time makes it boring for everyone.  Plus you will end up losing owners out of frustration or boredom. 
different leagues use different philosophies for sure.    I would assume that this league also uses a waiver system which allocates the first picks each waiver cycle to the teams with the worst record as well?

different leagues use different philosophies for sure.    I would assume that this league also uses a waiver system which allocates the first picks each waiver cycle to the teams with the worst record as well?
Which league?  My comment was not in conjunction with any league.  It was about what happens if leagues become uncompetitive 

Last edited by a moderator:
Which league?  My comment was not in conjunction with any league.  It was about what happens if leagues become uncompetitive 

My original comment was related to imakoza's post, so question should probably go to imakoza

Users who are viewing this thread