What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can't find the right couch, damn it, need suggestions. (1 Viewer)

Rodrigo Duterte

Footballguy
Broke my back earlier in the year and my old couch wasn't working for me.  Got a new one but just realized it also has to go - too much pain for a 3+-hour football game.  This is the current couch.  Love the recliner aspect, but the couch is too firm for me and in the upright position, kills my neck.

I still want a recliner-type but having sat in ALL of them at Living Spaces, it's time to look elsewhere.  So whatcha got FBGs?  This place should have a ton of couch experts. 

Oh, and I'd like to keep it under $1500.  3 seater tops (not a big room).  Can't do leather, too hot.  And Costanza's couch won't work, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy cow those are nice, Mrs R, but I'd like the couch to not have individual seating like those, because it's in the main/only room.  Otherwise that would be ideal.  Also I'd like to be able to fall asleep on it, lengthwise.  Just realized leather won't work either, gets too hot here.  Thanks though.

Just realized leather won't work either, gets too hot here.
Where is here?  And leather doesn't seem that hot to me.  Vinyl, on the other hand, is hotter than the sun.

You did see you can get those things in the loveseat, right?  I was more concerned about your back being happy than much else.

These cost a bit less, if you care.

How much space do you have?

Where is here?  And leather doesn't seem that hot to me.  Vinyl, on the other hand, is hotter than the sun.

You did see you can get those things in the loveseat, right?  I was more concerned about your back being happy than much else.

These cost a bit less, if you care.

How much space do you have?
Thanks again Mrs R.  I looked some more and ended up calling one of their distributors.  I thought a chaise w/ two recliners (and no armrests in the middle) would work great.  But I got quoted almost 4K.  I'm willing to go over my $1500 budget but not by much. 

You asked about space - I can go up to 100 inches.

Couches are harder fits to find than mattresses!

My last couch was lazyboy that is comfortable.  If you want something to last forever Natuzzi leather couches.  I have had a sectional for years that's still in good shape.  Naturally my wife wants to get rid of it because bits old.

We are very happy with our lazboy duo couches. 
This one?  I like that it looks like a regular couch but wondering if you lose some of the reclining attributes.

Did you go to a showroom?  Looking at the Lazyboy website and seeing the nice "sale" prices.  Almost have to go sit in one first.

Broke my back earlier in the year and my old couch wasn't working for me.  Got a new one but just realized it also has to go - too much pain for a 3+-hour football game.  This is the current couch.  Love the recliner aspect, but the couch is too firm for me and in the upright position, kills my neck.

I still want a recliner-type but having sat in ALL of them at Living Spaces, it's time to look elsewhere.  So whatcha got FBGs?  This place should have a ton of couch experts. 

Oh, and I'd like to keep it under $1500.  3 seater tops (not a big room).  Can't do leather, too hot.  And Costanza's couch won't work, sorry.
Oh my. That is like the cargo shorts of couches. 

And this trend towards the ridiculous movie theater stadium seating has to stop. It’s no wonder America is fat and lazy. “Rather than nice looking furniture with any style at all, I’m going to lump a chain of fake leather reclining movie theater seats in the center of my living room, with multiple massive cup holders and snack pouches in each, and each one will also have full power reclining so I can with the touch of a button shift my fat rear into ‘food coma.’”

Related: I walk through places like Raymor and Flanagan or Bob’s Furniture once every couple years and I’m astonished they remain in business. It’s like time travelers from 1990 have arrived and are looking to redecorate their family rooms.  

This one?  I like that it looks like a regular couch but wondering if you lose some of the reclining attributes.

Did you go to a showroom?  Looking at the Lazyboy website and seeing the nice "sale" prices.  Almost have to go sit in one first.
We have the Edie. Yes, it does not fully recline. 

If comfort is your bag I think you should reconsider your stance on (real) leather couches. You’re also not going to find a nice couch for $1,500 unless it’s heavily discounted.

Maybe F everyone else and buy yourself a nice chair? 

Good luck! 

Otis said:
And this trend towards the ridiculous movie theater stadium seating has to stop. It’s no wonder America is fat and lazy. “Rather than nice looking furniture with any style at all, I’m going to lump a chain of fake leather reclining movie theater seats in the center of my living room, with multiple massive cup holders and snack pouches in each, and each one will also have full power reclining so I can with the touch of a button shift my fat rear into ‘food coma.’”

Related: I walk through places like Raymor and Flanagan or Bob’s Furniture once every couple years and I’m astonished they remain in business. It’s like time travelers from 1990 have arrived and are looking to redecorate their family rooms.  
The one I linked is top-grain leather.  Nothing fake about it.

And the OP has a back injury.  The lumbar support and adjustable head rest would probably help him a lot.

On the time travel bit, that's what Mr R said about La-Z-Boy.  Only it was time travel to 1968, wood panelling, olive green, and all.  He did paint a picture.  I laugh every time they are mentioned.

Otis said:
:Rotflmao:

This is the Texasfication of America

Otis said:

But they look great in my home theater

The one I linked is top-grain leather.  Nothing fake about it.

And the OP has a back injury.  The lumbar support and adjustable head rest would probably help him a lot.

On the time travel bit, that's what Mr R said about La-Z-Boy.  Only it was time travel to 1968, wood panelling, olive green, and all.  He did paint a picture.  I laugh every time they are mentioned.
The style of those LaZBoy things is awful. I watched The Price Is Right as a kid when I’d stay home on sick days, this has to be 30 or 35 years ago, and those couches look EXACTLY the same.

I sometimes wonder if people just never leave their houses or turn on a television. It’s like, how can you be so out of touch with what’s going on in the world?  People are living in a bunker from 1990.

Aside: my dad had a knee replacement and got a single one of these rocking recliner things. It was closer to more contemporary style, and wasn’t totally awful because he didn’t have a wall full of it. And he had no choice for medical reasons. But man. 

The style of those LaZBoy things is awful. I watched The Price Is Right as a kid when I’d stay home on sick days, this has to be 30 or 35 years ago, and those couches look EXACTLY the same.

I sometimes wonder if people just never leave their houses or turn on a television. It’s like, how can you be so out of touch with what’s going on in the world?  People are living in a bunker from 1990.

Aside: my dad had a knee replacement and got a single one of these rocking recliner things. It was closer to more contemporary style, and wasn’t totally awful because he didn’t have a wall full of it. And he had no choice for medical reasons. But man. 
1.  Recovering from 5 fractured vertebrate.  Bad back and neck issues, had to sell my "nice" couch, unusable now.  So there is zero chance I am sitting in anything other than the most comfortable thing I can find right now.

2.  I'm not in a bunker but your point is well taken.  It's news to you that Merica is fat as ####?  Travel much?

3.  The cargo shorts comparison is the funniest thing I've seen on here in awhile.  I looked at my couch and literally lol'd a few times today.  It's going soon, but only because I realize I need a much nicer recliner.

4.  People getting ads because of my link.  :lmao:   Sorry about that.

5.  I would run circles around your fat ###, likely even after being laid up for 6 months.  And I'd do it in cargo PANTS.

1.  Recovering from 5 fractured vertebrate.  Bad back and neck issues, had to sell my "nice" couch, unusable now.  So there is zero chance I am sitting in anything other than the most comfortable thing I can find right now.

2.  I'm not in a bunker but your point is well taken.  It's news to you that Merica is fat as ####?  Travel much?

3.  The cargo shorts comparison is the funniest thing I've seen on here in awhile.  I looked at my couch and literally lol'd a few times today.  It's going soon, but only because I realize I need a much nicer recliner.

4.  People getting ads because of my link.  :lmao:   Sorry about that.

5.  I would run circles around your fat ###, likely even after being laid up for 6 months.  And I'd do it in cargo PANTS.
:lmao:  

all fair. 

can you just get a single recliner for you, and a regular couch for where the couch goes?

Nothing worse than picking the wrong couches.  For me they have to recline on the ends.  Just more comfortable.  We had awesome couches years ago, then replaced them with what we thought was next gen but something similar.  Turns out when the recline the length is like 4 inches shorter so feet hang off.  Terrible.  Sill be replacing these soon.  I'd love to see Otis' set up for furnishing tips...

Users who are viewing this thread