What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Early week 3 preemptive waivers.... (1 Viewer)

kencav

Footballguy
Wanted to start a thread to get players before Sunday kickoff particularly for those teams with lower waiver priority due to record and/or points scored.

QB- Gardner Minshew- schedule coming up . Also may be Tua time in Miami.

RB- Carlos Hyde, Devonte Booker- both looked good last week defined backups in run heavy offenses. Also Devonta Freeman visited Eagles.

WR- Bryan Edwards..camp darling most snaps last week Riggs already ?. Willie Snead has great rapport with Lamar.

TE- Jordan Aiken Texans- athletic TE could evolve into major weapon as receivers are so so and Watson loves the TE. OJ Howard when Brady realizes Gronk is mostly a name now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still see Chris Herndon on some waivers. Some are predicting he has a good game today even against SF. I'm not using him today but it'll save me FAAB or a waiver claim if he does look good.

Feels like the week Hyde reaches 100% ownership, 3 yards at a time. 

I expect him to again split carries & maybe even vulture another TD. I think Carroll is serious about using a committee & game 1 usage didn’t do anything to steer me away from that opinion. 

I see he’s still unowned in a lot of leagues - maybe his value is short-lived dude to Penny reportedly being ahead of schedule, but Penny ain’t playing yet. 

I’m placing bets on N’Keal Harry.

Seems like a narrative has developed that NEP will not throw much.  But they’re not going to throw 304 times, just like Kirk Cousins wasn’t going to throw it 160 times after Game 1 last year.  MIA not on the docket every week.

Cam seems to have taken a vested interest in the kid...a worthwhile flier.

I’m placing bets on N’Keal Harry.

Seems like a narrative has developed that NEP will not throw much.  But they’re not going to throw 304 times, just like Kirk Cousins wasn’t going to throw it 160 times after Game 1 last year.  MIA not on the docket every week.

Cam seems to have taken a vested interest in the kid...a worthwhile flier.
Agree. This feels like he’ll be a top add after week 2. 

Reagor might be out there in some leagues, also this is Aiyuk's first game this year. With Deebo and Kittle out he's a good bet to see some targets. For deeper targets, I'm always looking at the guys that get signed from the practice squad due to injuries. This week we're looking at Josh Adams and Levante Bellamy. Bellamy in particular is interesting because he had a pretty strong camp per the beat reporters and Lindsey's injury gives him a chance to get on the team and show a little of what he can do. 

WR Jalen Reagor- 4 targets for the rookie last week, Wentz was off target but he still hauled in a 55 yd Strike where you can clearly see good separation and some raw speed there. They don't need DeSean Jackson, they have this guy. His price is only going to go up in the coming weeks. 

Grabbed booker as the last man on the bench. Don't think he has too much value without a JJ injury though. 

Chase Edmonds

Doesn’t need a Drake injury to be fantasy relevant in PPR in my view

They’ll run a ton of plays this year & he’s a dynamic player who will go off a couple times during the year - boom/bust Flex

Chase Edmonds

Doesn’t need a Drake injury to be fantasy relevant in PPR in my view

They’ll run a ton of plays this year & he’s a dynamic player who will go off a couple times during the year - boom/bust Flex
Indeed.  I also prioritized him in all my leagues because if Drake goes down....

Not to mention, I'm not a big believer in Drake, especially with a heavy workload.

Potentially Jeff Driscoll for dynasty/Superflex leagues, if Lock is injured. I’ll be putting a bid in on a super flex where I left myself light at QB. Guy likes to run so can put up decent numbers 

kencav said:
Wanted to start a thread to get players before Sunday kickoff particularly for those teams with lower waiver priority due to record and/or points scored.

QB- Gardner Minshew- schedule coming up . Also may be Tua time in Miami.

RB- Carlos Hyde, Devonte Booker- both looked good last week defined backups in run heavy offenses. Also Devonta Freeman visited Eagles.

WR- Bryan Edwards..camp darling most snaps last week Riggs already ?. Willie Snead has great rapport with Lamar.

TE- Jordan Aiken Texans- athletic TE could evolve into major weapon as receivers are so so and Watson loves the TE. OJ Howard when Brady realizes Gronk is mostly a name now.
Minshew with another excellent start versus a quality Titans defense. 25/36 for 273 with 2TDs and 1 pick through 3. Plus, the Jag defense is bad.

wgoldsph said:
You could tell how serious I was by my game of thrones quote.
Chase Claypool. Eventually he's gotta break in over James Washington. Every time the ball comes his way, he's over ten yards.

TenMidgets said:
Wayne Gallman or Dion Lewis?
Dion Lewis was apparently the only other active RB this week. Word before the season was Gallman was the back up to own, and history would say he's a pretty capable replacement.

Yep started this thread to have a crystal ball especially if you know you have low waiver priority....

I don’t think anyone saw Saquons injury coming but yes Freeman might be in play now

I'd have to say Henderson, McKinnon (depending on the severity of Mostart's injury), Corey Davis if he's still out there.

Guessing McKinnon is picked up in a lot of leagues, but if not he should be depending on Mostert's injury.
Almost did last week...with WR injuries I chose Parris Campbell instead (who then proceeded to make one play and get hurt).  Now looking at probably being low low low on the waiver priority...(and having Mostert), I may miss out on McKinnon who is my first must add this week.

Mike Davis in Carolina.  Has proven to be serviceable and got some usage in the passing game with a 8/8/74/0 receiving line.  I didn't watch the game though so not sure how much of that came during or after CMC's injury.

Users who are viewing this thread