Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
kencav

Early week 3 preemptive waivers....

Wanted to start a thread to get players before Sunday kickoff particularly for those teams with lower waiver priority due to record and/or points scored.

QB- Gardner Minshew- schedule coming up . Also may be Tua time in Miami.

RB- Carlos Hyde, Devonte Booker- both looked good last week defined backups in run heavy offenses. Also Devonta Freeman visited Eagles.

WR- Bryan Edwards..camp darling most snaps last week Riggs already ?. Willie Snead has great rapport with Lamar.

TE- Jordan Aiken Texans- athletic TE could evolve into major weapon as receivers are so so and Watson loves the TE. OJ Howard when Brady realizes Gronk is mostly a name now.

Edited by kencav
Wording

I still see Chris Herndon on some waivers. Some are predicting he has a good game today even against SF. I'm not using him today but it'll save me FAAB or a waiver claim if he does look good.

Edited by Twenty-Four Eighty-Four
  • Like 1

Feels like the week Hyde reaches 100% ownership, 3 yards at a time. 

I expect him to again split carries & maybe even vulture another TD. I think Carroll is serious about using a committee & game 1 usage didn’t do anything to steer me away from that opinion. 

I see he’s still unowned in a lot of leagues - maybe his value is short-lived dude to Penny reportedly being ahead of schedule, but Penny ain’t playing yet. 

• Like 2

I’m placing bets on N’Keal Harry.

Seems like a narrative has developed that NEP will not throw much.  But they’re not going to throw 304 times, just like Kirk Cousins wasn’t going to throw it 160 times after Game 1 last year.  MIA not on the docket every week.

Cam seems to have taken a vested interest in the kid...a worthwhile flier.

13 minutes ago, TheDirtyWord said:

I’m placing bets on N’Keal Harry.

Seems like a narrative has developed that NEP will not throw much.  But they’re not going to throw 304 times, just like Kirk Cousins wasn’t going to throw it 160 times after Game 1 last year.  MIA not on the docket every week.

Cam seems to have taken a vested interest in the kid...a worthwhile flier.

Agree. This feels like he’ll be a top add after week 2. 

Reagor might be out there in some leagues, also this is Aiyuk's first game this year. With Deebo and Kittle out he's a good bet to see some targets. For deeper targets, I'm always looking at the guys that get signed from the practice squad due to injuries. This week we're looking at Josh Adams and Levante Bellamy. Bellamy in particular is interesting because he had a pretty strong camp per the beat reporters and Lindsey's injury gives him a chance to get on the team and show a little of what he can do. 

WR Jalen Reagor- 4 targets for the rookie last week, Wentz was off target but he still hauled in a 55 yd Strike where you can clearly see good separation and some raw speed there. They don't need DeSean Jackson, they have this guy. His price is only going to go up in the coming weeks. 

31 minutes ago, candian fantasy guy said:

Jordan Wilkins from the Colts. I wanted to stash him this week, but grabbed Gaskin instead. I hope I don't regret that down the road. 

Taylor injury add?

Grabbed booker as the last man on the bench. Don't think he has too much value without a JJ injury though. 

20 minutes ago, Insein said:

Grabbed booker as the last man on the bench. Don't think he has too much value without a JJ injury though. 

great cuff, he looked decent on his limited touches last week.

6 minutes ago, candian fantasy guy said:

Instant top 20 upside I would say, if Taylor were to get injured. 

Shame on you for mentioning his name in the same sentence as injury.  Now go say 3 hail Mary's and say something nice to your mother today.

• Laughing 3

10 minutes ago, Krilons Resa said:

If Laviska is still on your WW in 12+ team leagues, better grab him now.

If laviska is still on your ww in 12+ leagues shame on you.

Shame

Shame

Shame

• Like 2

Chase Edmonds

Doesn’t need a Drake injury to be fantasy relevant in PPR in my view

They’ll run a ton of plays this year & he’s a dynamic player who will go off a couple times during the year - boom/bust Flex

• Like 1

Just now, wgoldsph said:

If laviska is still on your ww in 12+ leagues shame on you.

Shame

Shame

Shame

Yeah bc roster limits / bn spots are universal

3 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Chase Edmonds

Doesn’t need a Drake injury to be fantasy relevant in PPR in my view

They’ll run a ton of plays this year & he’s a dynamic player who will go off a couple times during the year - boom/bust Flex

Indeed.  I also prioritized him in all my leagues because if Drake goes down....

Not to mention, I'm not a big believer in Drake, especially with a heavy workload.

Edited by Krilons Resa

16 minutes ago, candian fantasy guy said:

great cuff, he looked decent on his limited touches last week.

Good call with Colts Oline

2 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

You could tell how serious I was by my game of thrones quote.

30 minutes ago, TenMidgets said:

Wayne Gallman or Dion Lewis?

Freeman?

Potentially Jeff Driscoll for dynasty/Superflex leagues, if Lock is injured. I’ll be putting a bid in on a super flex where I left myself light at QB. Guy likes to run so can put up decent numbers 

3 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

Short benches (4) and have chalk too. What is one to do?!?!

7 hours ago, kencav said:

Wanted to start a thread to get players before Sunday kickoff particularly for those teams with lower waiver priority due to record and/or points scored.

QB- Gardner Minshew- schedule coming up . Also may be Tua time in Miami.

RB- Carlos Hyde, Devonte Booker- both looked good last week defined backups in run heavy offenses. Also Devonta Freeman visited Eagles.

WR- Bryan Edwards..camp darling most snaps last week Riggs already ?. Willie Snead has great rapport with Lamar.

TE- Jordan Aiken Texans- athletic TE could evolve into major weapon as receivers are so so and Watson loves the TE. OJ Howard when Brady realizes Gronk is mostly a name now.

Minshew with another excellent start versus a quality Titans defense. 25/36 for 273 with 2TDs and 1 pick through 3. Plus, the Jag defense is bad.

51 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

Chase Claypool. Eventually he's gotta break in over James Washington. Every time the ball comes his way, he's over ten yards.

Guessing McKinnon is picked up in a lot of leagues, but if not he should be depending on Mostert's injury.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aggie_dave said:

Guessing McKinnon is picked up in a lot of leagues, but if not he should be depending on Mostert's injury.

There's pretty much nobody alive left on that team

2 hours ago, wgoldsph said:

Is that a tv show?

:shrug:

3 hours ago, TenMidgets said:

Dion Lewis was apparently the only other active RB this week. Word before the season was Gallman was the back up to own, and history would say he's a pretty capable replacement.

• Like 1

Yep started this thread to have a crystal ball especially if you know you have low waiver priority....

I don’t think anyone saw Saquons injury coming but yes Freeman might be in play now

I'd have to say Henderson, McKinnon (depending on the severity of Mostart's injury), Corey Davis if he's still out there.

I wonder if SF will activate Hasty off the PS if Mostert misses time?  Still, he probably wouldn't be in line for many carries but you never know.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, aggie_dave said:

Almost did last week...with WR injuries I chose Parris Campbell instead (who then proceeded to make one play and get hurt).  Now looking at probably being low low low on the waiver priority...(and having Mostert), I may miss out on McKinnon who is my first must add this week.

Mike Davis in Carolina.  Has proven to be serviceable and got some usage in the passing game with a 8/8/74/0 receiving line.  I didn't watch the game though so not sure how much of that came during or after CMC's injury.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TenMidgets said:

Depends on whether they sign Freeman. 

58 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Depends on whether they sign Freeman. 

You heard they might, or assuming?