What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Early week 3 preemptive waivers.... (1 Viewer)

You heard they might, or assuming?
I read they were bringing him in. That's why I said "it depends on whether they sign Freeman" - the alternative to "whether" is "or not". If they do not sign Freeman, then Gallman or Deion becomes a decision folks have to make. If they do sign Freeman, Gallman & lewis can probably be left on waivers. 

So I heard they're bringing him in. I am assuming nothing. Not sure how you got that from my post. 

He was at the Eagles this weekend. Doing covid testing today. 
Even he was drafted in my league, though*

*That's not a "You play with guppies comment" -- just frustration about a bare wire.
At least I got Gaskin last week.

Wonder if the injuries will level out after a few more weeks?   The WW is going to be really busy if the injuries continue at this pace.    Ability to work the WW is going to matter much more than drafting ability this season if this continues through Oct.   

Appreciate Faust putting up those articles.  I think you all have RB nailed down.

Mine are sitting at M. Davis, Henderson, Mckinnon, D. Freeman and then a drop before Haskins and the others.

Any insight on WR, or are there just too many of them....

Appreciate Faust putting up those articles.  I think you all have RB nailed down.

Mine are sitting at M. Davis, Henderson, Mckinnon, D. Freeman and then a drop before Haskins and the others.

Any insight on WR, or are there just too many of them....
Some names that come to mind that I need to research tonight to replace Campbell.   Not sure if any of these are available in my league or most leagues.  No particular order.  

Robby Anderson 

Cole

Pittman

Corey Davis

I read they were bringing him in. That's why I said "it depends on whether they sign Freeman" - the alternative to "whether" is "or not". If they do not sign Freeman, then Gallman or Deion becomes a decision folks have to make. If they do sign Freeman, Gallman & lewis can probably be left on waivers. 

So I heard they're bringing him in. I am assuming nothing. Not sure how you got that from my post. 
I was asking whether you read it.  

I was asking whether you read it.  
No, you asked where I heard it, or if I assumed it. If you'd asked whether I'd read it I would have pointed you to the rotoworld link. 

NBD. moving on. But please note: I never post about player movement based on assumption. 

The Giants O line is terrible right now.  First 2 games the DEF was all over Barkley.  Freeman is t good, and the line isn't good.  I would avoid.
I agree with this. Probably Freeman's best shot at a paycheck and significant touches, but Saquan was hardly lighting the world on fire pre-injury. 

No love for Mo Allie Cox?  Former hoops player playing  TE with Phillip Rivers.  Had a great game in his first start.  Doyle is definitely JAG.  I figured he would be all over this page.  Dalton Schultz too.

Tool said:
Well to be fair they did Steelers and the Bears
If he can stay healthy, you may have a servicable starter for the year (RB2). All the talk was Brown last week, now it has moved to Henderson. This shows us we don't know what's happening in that backfield other than the injury to the rookie.  I like Davis a lot, but he is only playing until CMC returns. But....He is a full-time starter while he plays. 

If you are a Barkley owner, you are trying to an RB1. A RBBC isn't going to cut it.  You kind of need that homerun. 

If you just need RB help, then servicebale back are ok. 

Been going back and forth on some of the FA RBs for this week and my own situation as a Mostert owner (with RoJo as my #4 RB behind Jacobs, Mostert, and puke Gurley).

McKinnon is #1.  Even with Mostert healthy he can be flexed a bit...and with Mostert missing even a little time it should be a plug and play (even with their other injuries to that team...having the back that can also be the safety valve out of the backfield is a help).

After that...right now...

Mike Davis...CMC out probably longer than Mostert...I can see for some how he would be the #1 priority over McKinnon.  Id be happy if I could land either one of those 2.

Gaskin and Kelley...go back and forth here.  Leaning a little towards Gaskin over Kelley...but like both of them ok to be my depth at RB since RoJo can't be trusted IMO...but keeping him anyway...likely giving up some other depth elsewhere for at leat one of them (Parris Campbell will be my first drop...if I can get a 2nd RB of this group I may...just not sure on my drop possibility yet...which may mean I drop my kicker til I figure it out later in the week)

richn said:
The Giants O line is terrible right now.  First 2 games the DEF was all over Barkley.  Freeman is t good, and the line isn't good.  I would avoid.
Agreed

I hope someone spends a bunch on the NYG rbs

ChuckLiddell said:
No love for Mo Allie Cox?  Former hoops player playing  TE with Phillip Rivers.  Had a great game in his first start.  Doyle is definitely JAG.  I figured he would be all over this page.  Dalton Schultz too.
Sometimes hard to rank waiver TEs but I'd have go with Mo as well
#1 Mo Allie Cox  - Doyle hurt, and now P.Campbell hurt, and we all know PRivers' favors the Tight End.   Plus Schedule is pretty good for the next 4 or 5 games (Jets, Bears, Browns)
#2 Gesicki - Did you see that OBJ-like 1 hand catch yesterday?link     No MIA running game so just wonder if yesterday's involvement will continue & what happens if/when Tua takes over
#3 Schultz - "I saw Something!"           good to see him involved (actually led team in targets), but a lot of mouths to feed in that offense and this one was a high scoring affair
#4 L.Thomas - four catches on nine targets for 26 yards against Arizona.   17 targets so far is encouraging

J.Reed - assuming Kittle is out again for wk3,   Jordan Reed seems like a good short-term 1 wk rental vs NYG this wk as who else is going to catch the ball

Last edited by a moderator:
Murderers row start for the Giants with Steelers, Bears and 49ers. 

Thereafter it softens up. Freeman is worth a punt for sure, especially as he's a solid pass catcher.

I like Goff.  Has good weapons and looks better this season so far.   
I like him ok yeah...right now holding on my QBs (well, trying to move one and some depth for Rodgers (who is Mahomes backup on another team that is struggling and needs TE help)

got an alert that Freeman is officially signing with the Giants. 

I'd still think i'd prefer McKinnon over Freeman, but both "could" have year-long value. 

I would rank them Henderson, Davis, McKinnon.
For the record, this ranking has changed multiple times since I a) own Mostert b) decided to go RB light in the draft early rounds c) have the #1 waiver and d) am 0-2.  My only thing with Henderson is, Malcolm Brown had the great week #1. So with two data points so far it's hard to predict who will be the guy week to week. If my situation wasn't as dire then I'd probably go for him but I need the one I think has the more stable floor. 

For the record, this ranking has changed multiple times since I a) own Mostert b) decided to go RB light in the draft early rounds c) have the #1 waiver and d) am 0-2.  My only thing with Henderson is, Malcolm Brown had the great week #1. So with two data points so far it's hard to predict who will be the guy week to week. If my situation wasn't as dire then I'd probably go for him but I need the one I think has the more stable floor. 
That actually makes a whole lot of sense.

I agree with your assessment of Henderson.  I think he needs to slot in behind McKinnon and Davis because he's not likely to bust out from the Rams' RBBC (IMO).

I disagree with the stable floor stuff.  I think you should swing for the fences all the time, but especially if you're 0-2.

Users who are viewing this thread