What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sen. Chuck Grassley, Chairman Senate Judiciary Committee, Update: he merely found a dead pigeon, he did not kill it, or any nearby deer (1 Viewer)

SaintsInDome2006

Footballguy
Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I'm kind of impressed that the guy knows how to use twitter at the age of 87.
Ha, that’s fair, but I have to say meaning to text your neighbors that you’ve just assassinated their pet pigeon and instead texting the entire political community and public of the USA instead is not exactly ‘knowing how to use Twitter’. That’s knowing how to use Twitter the way Anthony Weiner knew how to use Twitter.

Honestly, I'm kind of impressed that the guy knows how to use twitter at the age of 87.
Ha, that’s fair, but I have to say meaning to text your neighbors that you’ve just assassinated their pet pigeon and instead texting the entire political community and public of the USA instead is not exactly ‘knowing how to use Twitter’. That’s knowing how to use Twitter the way Anthony Weiner knew how to use Twitter.
To be fair, I don't think he confirmed that he actually killed the pigeon. It seems like he simply found it, dead, in his yard. And, like any good Iowan farmer, he wanted to get the word out to the community.

His old tweets are legendary. Happy to see him going back to his roots.

ChuckGrassley @ChuckGrassley

Windsor Heights Dairy Queen is good place for u kno what

1:37 PM · Nov 3, 2014

I now h v an iphone

5:32 PM · Feb 13, 2012

This is not abt History Channel not having history. It's that I don't like new ticker format onFNC CANT READ CNN is my favor tickerREADABLE

7:34 PM · Sep 17, 2017·

U hv herad saying:"deer in headlight look". It is a frightening xperience when a real deer is there

9:54 PM · Nov 30, 2012

Last night, Chuck solved an 8 year old mystery for us:

Fred and I hit a deer on hiway 136 south of Dyersville. After I pulled fender rubbing on tire we continued to farm. Assume deer dead

8:13 PM · Oct 25, 2012

I assumed deer dead bc it was night and no carcas

5:57 PM · Sep 19, 2020

Last night, Chuck solved an 8 year old mystery for us:

Fred and I hit a deer on hiway 136 south of Dyersville. After I pulled fender rubbing on tire we continued to farm. Assume deer dead

8:13 PM · Oct 25, 2012

I assumed deer dead bc it was night and no carcas

5:57 PM · Sep 19, 2020
Hope it wasn't the same kind of "deer" that AG hit.

South Dakota AG fatally struck man with car, initially told authorities he hit a deer

We have closure:

The pidgins life that ended near Grassley farm this wknd hailed from the Sheboygan flying club in Wisconsin I stand corrected it wasn’t a “pet” it was a racing pidgin thx to my followers for the info

3:05 PM · Sep 21, 2020

We have closure:

The pidgins life that ended near Grassley farm this wknd hailed from the Sheboygan flying club in Wisconsin I stand corrected it wasn’t a “pet” it was a racing pidgin thx to my followers for the info

3:05 PM · Sep 21, 2020
Is this actually a thing all over?  Or just something crazy because, well, Sheboygan?

Chuck’s beef with the History Channel continues:

Turned to history channel to c if there was any history,. There was not any history. Instead “The Pickers” sShe insisted we watch. Big mistake on my part

6:29 PM · Oct 4, 2020

Chuck’s beef with the History Channel continues:

Turned to history channel to c if there was any history,. There was not any history. Instead “The Pickers” sShe insisted we watch. Big mistake on my part

6:29 PM · Oct 4, 2020
Getting married - I hear you brother.

Is this actually a thing all over?  Or just something crazy because, well, Sheboygan?
Indeed all over the world and one was sold at auction for a record $1.4 million.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/armando-racing-pigeon-auction-belgium-for-record-million-dollars/#:~:text=Armando the racing pigeon sells for record %241.4 million&text=Brussels -- A star racing,auction%2C Belgian media reported Sunday.

Armando the racing pigeon sells for record $1.4 million

Brussels -- A star racing pigeon named Armando has fetched a record 1.25 million euros (about $1.4 million) in an online auction, Belgian media reported Sunday. The prized bird -- Belgian's best long-distance racer of all time according to those in the know -- was snapped up by a Chinese buyer for the princely sum that caused a flutter of excitement among fanciers.

[...]

squistion said:
Indeed all over the world and one was sold at auction for a record $1.4 million.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/armando-racing-pigeon-auction-belgium-for-record-million-dollars/#:~:text=Armando the racing pigeon sells for record %241.4 million&text=Brussels -- A star racing,auction%2C Belgian media reported Sunday.

Armando the racing pigeon sells for record $1.4 million

Brussels -- A star racing pigeon named Armando has fetched a record 1.25 million euros (about $1.4 million) in an online auction, Belgian media reported Sunday. The prized bird -- Belgian's best long-distance racer of all time according to those in the know -- was snapped up by a Chinese buyer for the princely sum that caused a flutter of excitement among fanciers.

[...]
I read before that you raise pigeons.   Can you sell them for a somewhat high profit?

ChuckGrassley @ChuckGrassley

Kayleigh trump presser been on. FNC several times lately fr isolation location. She need to put new battery in little clock behind her   It’s stopped at10:10

7:37 PM · Oct 10, 2020

Why?  I read a number of times that Squistion worked at Arbys and raised pigeons.  I was interested because my daughter wanted to get a couple.
It's sort of a joke that would take a long time to explain. That you put squistion and pigeons in the same sentence is quite unbelievably funny in its own way, probably not funny to squistion. This goes back to about four years ago on the board, and I'm not sure it's really appropriate to trace here. Leave this thread as funny and all. Grassley is a treat, too.

But we once had a pigeon emoticon that was used a lot around here.

rockaction said:
This is...so unbelievable. :lmao:

Oh my. If you only knew the history, Summer Wheat.
I imagine he does know (account was started in 2006) as evidenced by the Arbys reference. That was started and posted repeatedly by a conservative in these forums who looked down on people who work in the fast food industry and used it as some sort of insult (although I imagine he is also the type who is critical of people living on government assistance when they could be working in minimum wage jobs).

I imagine he does know (account was started in 2006) as evidenced by the Arbys reference. That was started and posted repeatedly by a conservative in these forums who looked down on people who work in the fast food industry and used it as some sort of insult (although I imagine he is also the type who is critical of people living on government assistance when they could be working in minimum wage jobs).
I don't know the Arby's joke and consider myself somewhat privy to everything. Probably not as far-reaching as you thought. I was really thinking of cstu and the welching and the emoticon and you and the pigeons. I remember when all the avatars were, um, pigeonholed.

I don't know the Arby's joke and consider myself somewhat privy to everything. Probably not as far-reaching as you thought. I was really thinking of cstu and the welching and the emoticon and you and the pigeons. I remember when all the avatars were, um, pigeonholed.
He posted it what seemed like about 20 times (always including "We have the meats!"). He lived in the DC area and many of his posts were after 1AM there, when he was well into his cups. A lot of his posts were rants than ran several paragraphs, so you could have missed the Arby's slurs among the other insults directed at me. 

And no, not all of the pigeon avatars were pigeonholed. I saw one the other day, poster has a moniker something like RockNRoll (apparently flew the coop and avoided the avatar purge). 

No I did not know.   Also you are making assumptions.  I have never nor will I ever comment on people living on assistance. There is a story for everyone and many have been thrown into tough situation, my family included when I was growing up.   

I actually worked in the fast food industry on and off for 3 years my last year of HS and when I was going to a CC.  It was one of the funnest jobs I ever had. Pay was decent, could work as many or as little hours as I wanted and free food. It was Buger King though not Arbys hence my AV.  I still go there as one of my former co-workers is the manager now and I get free whoppers.  

No I did not know.   Also you are making assumptions.  I have never nor will I ever comment on people living on assistance. There is a story for everyone and many have been thrown into tough situation, my family included when I was growing up.   

I actually worked in the fast food industry on and off for 3 years my last year of HS and when I was going to a CC.  It was one of the funnest jobs I ever had. Pay was decent, could work as many or as little hours as I wanted and free food. It was Buger King though not Arbys hence my AV.  I still go there as one of my former co-workers is the manager now and I get free whoppers.  
I made no assumptions on your attitudes towards people living on assistance. That was the Arby's guy who lived in DC.

These cable companies are getting to big like goggle so they can ignore their customers FNC has taken their ticker off. For those of us tired of hearing the same story ten times we can mute and read. So now just turn to another channel NOT HISTORY CH

11:41 AM · May 2, 2021

Users who are viewing this thread