What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Music...........Singers or Musicians That You Can Immediately Identify (1 Viewer)

coopersdad

Footballguy
3 hour trip to Houston for baseball (Cowboy game on the way home), on the way down we listened to 16yo's playlist:

Typical rap, teenage stuff now.........but he pulls out some of these and I was like 🤗:

Dolly Parton - Jolene

John Denver - Take Me Home Country Road

Kiss - I Was Made For Lovin You

Garth Brooks - What's She Doing Now

and a lot of others that I didn't even knew he had any idea about.

He would ask me if I knew who the artists were, and it got me thinking, which musicians/singers can you immediately identify?

With his rappers, I cam up w/ Lil Wayne, Eminem, NWO

A few off the top of my head that we both talked about:

Guitarists I came up w/ Eddie VH, Slash, Eric Clapton, Tom Morello, and Randy Rhodes.

Bass players I Les Claypool, John Taylor, 

Singers John Lennon, McCartney,  Stevie Nicks, Madonna, young Axel, Bon Scott, Ozzy, 

There are obviously many more.  Yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
Voices - almost everyone is recognizable upon listening.

Guitarists - Jerry Garcia, Carlos Santana, David Gilmour, Eddie Van Halen

Frank Zappa’s guitar

Trey Anastasio’s guitar

Keith Moon’s percussion

Thijs van Leer’s yodelling

Geddy Lee’s singing

Jon Anderson’s singing

Michael Manring’s bass

Michael Hedges guitar

I’d like to think I can pick out Bill Bruford’s drumming but need to test this hypothesis

Singers: Ozzy, Steve Perry, Brad Delp, Willie Nelson

Guitarists: Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page, Carlos Santana, and Stevie Ray Vaughan

I've heard every guitar note that Jimmy Page has ever been known to have played. I know his tone by heart.

Singers: Jerry Garcia, Geddy Lee, Sting, Jimi Hendrix, Freddie Mercury, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Johnny Cash, Frank Sinatra, Janis Joplin, Mick Jagger

Guitar: Jerry Garcia, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn

Jim Croce, Neil Diamond, Donna Summer, Joan Jett, Billy Joel, David Bowie, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Weird Al, Brian Setzer.  Tons of people.  And that's just the singers.

BB King singing, Ritchie Blackmore guitar, Tommy Shannon bass, Aynsley Dunbar drums. Sugar Blue harmonica, Billy Preston , Rick Wakeman keyboards. to name a few tha have made an indelible impression on me.

I think it would be more challenging to determine which artists you can’t identify when you hear them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris B. said:
Billie Eilish
Then you've never been to a methadone clinic. There is a girl in every one of em who obliviously sings her life to herself while waiting for her dose and they all sound exactly like Billie Eilish. I like Eilish - though i appreciate her brother's note sense more - but it's uncanny.

Then you've never been to a methadone clinic. There is a girl in every one of em who obliviously sings her life to herself while waiting for her dose and they all sound exactly like Billie Eilish. I like Eilish - though i appreciate her brother's note sense more - but it's uncanny.
I don't believe you. Prove it.
And no, I don't make the type of decisions that result in me being in a methadone clinic.  :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread