What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What Do You Need on MNF? (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
Now that everyone's had a chance to digest the 3,672 major injuries from the bloodbath that was week 2, it's time to ask the burning question. The time we, the denizens of FBG actually DO want to hear about your magical football team: 

What do YOU need on Monday Night Football? 

League 1: I need for Drew Brees to go to Darth Vader's Hockey Puck in the Dessert and not score more than 40 points in a 1/3 per completion, .1/2, 6 pt TD league, AND Ruggs III to not score more than 23, or literally ANY combination that keeps these two under 63 points. 🙏

Opponent had Adams going last night and he had 1 point headed into the 3rd quarter, then he woke up and scored 19 more in 27 mins, including a BS "sack" that was at the LOS, listed as a "sack for 0 yard loss", which last I checked is called a "tackle".  :rant:  

Death by 1000 cuts. I'mma be watching & chewing my damn nails off. 

If I can hold on I'm 2-0, about to face the league doormat team, with 3 soft games on the schedule ahead. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League 2: Mahomie & Evans carried me over the finish line.  1-1 after a 1.5 point week 1 heartbreaker. 

League 1 - I play doubleheaders.  One is in the bank, the other I am up 24.5 with E Sanders against my opponent's Lutz and NO D.  Feel good about that one.

League 2 - need alcohol to drown my sorrows.  Lost to the worst team.  Lost CMC, Godwin, Sutton, Crowder, Lock, Tyrod, and Julio posing as a decoy.  Wasted Dak's 40 point effort.

Alvin Kamara to not be the next 1st round fantasy pick to get injured. I already won in the league I have him in.
I am feeling very lucky to have no players on either team. I've had enough injuries for one weekend year. :(  

Last edited by a moderator:
League 1 - I play doubleheaders.  One is in the bank, the other I am up 24.5 with E Sanders against my opponent's Lutz and NO D.  Feel good about that one.

League 2 - need alcohol to drown my sorrows.  Lost to the worst team.  Lost CMC, Godwin, Sutton, Crowder, Lock, Tyrod, and Julio posing as a decoy.  Wasted Dak's 40 point effort.
I don't think losing Lock and Tyrod is meaningful if you have Dak (just trying to give you a silver lining to look at...hahahah)

I swear to God I just want a couple of these players to emerge healthy tonight. I don't think any of my matchups hinge on tonight, amazingly. There is one where I'll win if Trequan lights up for about 25 FF in PPR. Not holding my breath. 

Just need vegas to win so I can win my weekly pick ems.

Up by 50 with cook going tonight.   Other guy is already done.   Pretty dominating week.

I like your math. 
True story:  in 2007 I was losing a game by a ton going into MNF.  My only player left:   Osi Umenyiora.   He needed 4 or 5 sacks......which seemed absurdly unlikely.   He ended up with 6 sacks against an abysmal Philly o-line (some things never change), and probably could have had 10 sacks.  I recall being on the phone, shouting after one of the sacks, about how “this could actually happen tonight!” to fellow FBG trader jake.  Good times.

True story:  in 2007 I was losing a game by a ton going into MNF.  My only player left:   Osi Umenyiora.   He needed 4 or 5 sacks......which seemed absurdly unlikely.   He ended up with 6 sacks against an abysmal Philly o-line (some things never change), and probably could have had 10 sacks.  I recall being on the phone, shouting after one of the sacks, about how “this could actually happen tonight!” to fellow FBG trader jake.  Good times.
A few years back I was up by 1.3 points, and my opponent had a RB2 and a WR1 left on MNF.  2nd play of the game the WR caught a 30-something yard pass, called back due to holding. On the same drive, a few plays later the WR got hurt falling out of bounds trying to make a leaping catch, and the RB came up after a 1-yard run grabbing his hammy. 

Both were done for the game and I won by 1.2 points in what had to be the 2nd most unlikely win in FF history next to the one you just described. 

But it's Tyrod and Lock.  How much does it really matter?  I wouldn't have put too much stock in those two guys....
Tyrod won't matter if Herbert takes the job over (which he should if LA was smart).  But having 12-15 points in the second superflex spot is nice.  It's hard to get a RB or a WR in that spot to get more than that even in a PPR league (we start 2RBs 3WRs and 2 superflexes).  Most guys in the league start 2QBs and 4WRs.

I need Cameron Jordan to have 2 tacks or 1 sack or 1 tack and 1/2 sack to win one league game.

Other league, I am up 59 just need Johnathan Abram to stay healthy - and hope to see some life from TreQuan Smith since I have D Adams likely on the shelf for a bit.  If he shows no life going to need a scrub off the waiver wire.

need 80 from waller (russ, a jones, ridley put a hurting on me)

in the other need jonathon abraham to have a relatively quiet night

Defenders LaMarcus Joyner and Johnathan Abraham to not go absolutely crazy.  They can have good games.  I'm up by 20.  Just don't go crazy.

Down 2 pts.....1/2 pt ppr....I have Kamara he has Sanders.

Alex P Keaton said:
I sat Osi that week. 

If Kamara is hit at the line of scrimmage on his first touch, fumbles, and is taken out of the game - I win by 1 point!!!

😲😲

But actually I love Kamara, so wishing him nothing but good things this season.

Kamara and Jacobs are my most owned palyers along with a sprinkle of Brees and Waller. 20 points out of every single player in PPR would be awesome! Really looking forward to this game tonight! GOOOO POINTS!

I sat Osi that week. 
So'd the Osi owner in my league. He was hit & miss and dude hates starting players on SN/MN - he's convinced he's unlucky in the prime-time games. I think Osi had the highest score of any defensive player we'd had to date in a game dude lost by like 3 points. 

Waller and Kamara to SIGNIFICANTLY out play Jacobs and Cook. The 0 on Parris Cambpebll and the 4 from Julio have me in a hole. 

Users who are viewing this thread