Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hot Sauce Guy

What Do You Need on MNF?

Now that everyone's had a chance to digest the 3,672 major injuries from the bloodbath that was week 2, it's time to ask the burning question. The time we, the denizens of FBG actually DO want to hear about your magical football team: 

What do YOU need on Monday Night Football? 

League 1: I need for Drew Brees to go to Darth Vader's Hockey Puck in the Dessert and not score more than 40 points in a 1/3 per completion, .1/2, 6 pt TD league, AND Ruggs III to not score more than 23, or literally ANY combination that keeps these two under 63 points. 🙏

Opponent had Adams going last night and he had 1 point headed into the 3rd quarter, then he woke up and scored 19 more in 27 mins, including a BS "sack" that was at the LOS, listed as a "sack for 0 yard loss", which last I checked is called a "tackle". :rant: 

Death by 1000 cuts. I'mma be watching & chewing my damn nails off. 

If I can hold on I'm 2-0, about to face the league doormat team, with 3 soft games on the schedule ahead. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League 2: Mahomie & Evans carried me over the finish line.  1-1 after a 1.5 point week 1 heartbreaker. 

Need Kamara & E Sanders to outscore Brees by 3 pts. Figure I have a 38% chance or so. 

• Like 1

Alvin Kamara to not be the next 1st round fantasy pick to get injured. I already won in the league I have him in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, foxco said:

Need Kamara & E Sanders to outscore Brees by 3 pts. Figure I have a 38% chance or so. 

Wow that's tough.  If it's PPR, I give you a 45% chance. 

League 1 - I play doubleheaders.  One is in the bank, the other I am up 24.5 with E Sanders against my opponent's Lutz and NO D.  Feel good about that one.

League 2 - need alcohol to drown my sorrows.  Lost to the worst team.  Lost CMC, Godwin, Sutton, Crowder, Lock, Tyrod, and Julio posing as a decoy.  Wasted Dak's 40 point effort.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxco said:

Assuming PPR, I'd probably give you a 70% chance or so. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Alvin Kamara to not be the next 1st round fantasy pick to get injured. I already won in the league I have him in.

I am feeling very lucky to have no players on either team. I've had enough injuries for one weekend year. :( 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

3 minutes ago, fightingillini said:

League 2 - need alcohol to drown my sorrows.  Lost to the worst team.  Lost CMC, Godwin, Sutton, Crowder, Lock, Tyrod, and Julio posing as a decoy.  Wasted Dak's 40 point effort.

:sadbanana:

• Sad 1

What do I need on MNF?  I need a time machine to go back before Sunday and put the right guys into my lineup.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, fightingillini said:

League 1 - I play doubleheaders.  One is in the bank, the other I am up 24.5 with E Sanders against my opponent's Lutz and NO D.  Feel good about that one.

I don't think losing Lock and Tyrod is meaningful if you have Dak (just trying to give you a silver lining to look at...hahahah)

1 minute ago, Gally said:

What do I need on MNF?  I need a time machine to go back before Sunday and put the right guys into my lineup.

well shoots, brah, if we're going time machine, can I go back and pick some better players? 

Just now, Hot Sauce Guy said:

well shoots, brah, if we're going time machine, can I go back and pick some better players? 

I don't want to get greedy

• Laughing 2

Just now, Gally said:

I don't think losing Lock and Tyrod is meaningful if you have Dak (just trying to give you a silver lining to look at...hahahah)

And Crowder & Godwin both seem likely to be back soon. So there's that. 

Just now, Gally said:

I don't want to get greedy

1. Kill baby Hitler

2. Pick AJones over MSanders at 2.10

3. Buy Microsoft & Apple day 1 of IPO

Solid time-machining. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gally said:

This is a double superflex league.  We can start 3 QBs.  It matters.

4 minutes ago, fightingillini said:

This is a double superflex league.  We can start 3 QBs.  It matters.

But it's Tyrod and Lock.  How much does it really matter?  I wouldn't have put too much stock in those two guys....

I swear to God I just want a couple of these players to emerge healthy tonight. I don't think any of my matchups hinge on tonight, amazingly. There is one where I'll win if Trequan lights up for about 25 FF in PPR. Not holding my breath. 

36 minutes ago, Gally said:

Agree Gally ... Need Saints D to score 3 TDs! Is that asking too much in a week I lost CMC, Barkley and Sutton (Dynasty)

12 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Figure my odds are about 58%.

I like your math. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

30 points from Drew Brees. Played him over Russell Wilson.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Ok, wait - you can have 30. You may not have 40. Deal? :hifive:

League 1: Need 13.7 from Waller (PPR)

League 2: Need 21.2 from Brees and Waller (PPR) combined

Just need vegas to win so I can win my weekly pick ems.

Up by 50 with cook going tonight.   Other guy is already done.   Pretty dominating week.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I like your math. 

True story:  in 2007 I was losing a game by a ton going into MNF.  My only player left:   Osi Umenyiora.   He needed 4 or 5 sacks......which seemed absurdly unlikely.   He ended up with 6 sacks against an abysmal Philly o-line (some things never change), and probably could have had 10 sacks.  I recall being on the phone, shouting after one of the sacks, about how “this could actually happen tonight!” to fellow FBG trader jake.  Good times.

Edited by Alex P Keaton
  • Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

True story:  in 2007 I was losing a game by a ton going into MNF.  My only player left:   Osi Umenyiora.   He needed 4 or 5 sacks......which seemed absurdly unlikely.   He ended up with 6 sacks against an abysmal Philly o-line (some things never change), and probably could have had 10 sacks.  I recall being on the phone, shouting after one of the sacks, about how “this could actually happen tonight!” to fellow FBG trader jake.  Good times.

A few years back I was up by 1.3 points, and my opponent had a RB2 and a WR1 left on MNF.  2nd play of the game the WR caught a 30-something yard pass, called back due to holding. On the same drive, a few plays later the WR got hurt falling out of bounds trying to make a leaping catch, and the RB came up after a 1-yard run grabbing his hammy. 

Both were done for the game and I won by 1.2 points in what had to be the 2nd most unlikely win in FF history next to the one you just described. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gally said:

But it's Tyrod and Lock.  How much does it really matter?  I wouldn't have put too much stock in those two guys....

Tyrod won't matter if Herbert takes the job over (which he should if LA was smart).  But having 12-15 points in the second superflex spot is nice.  It's hard to get a RB or a WR in that spot to get more than that even in a PPR league (we start 2RBs 3WRs and 2 superflexes).  Most guys in the league start 2QBs and 4WRs.

• Like 2

I need Cameron Jordan to have 2 tacks or 1 sack or 1 tack and 1/2 sack to win one league game.

Other league, I am up 59 just need Johnathan Abram to stay healthy - and hope to see some life from TreQuan Smith since I have D Adams likely on the shelf for a bit.  If he shows no life going to need a scrub off the waiver wire.

• Like 1

need 80 from waller (russ, a jones, ridley put a hurting on me)

in the other need jonathon abraham to have a relatively quiet night

Edited by iamkoza

6 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

need 80 from waller (russ, a jones, ridley put a hurting on me)

Points or yards? 

Defenders LaMarcus Joyner and Johnathan Abraham to not go absolutely crazy.  They can have good games.  I'm up by 20.  Just don't go crazy.

• Like 1

Down 10. His josh Jacobs vs my Darren waller in standard. Ain't looking good at all

Edited by RealReactions
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, wlwiles said:

25 combined out of Kamara and Waller in a PPR.  Only 26% confident that I'll get it 

I'm 55% confident you'll get it from Kamara alone.  With them combined I'm 90% confident. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RealReactions said:

Down 10. His josh Jacobs vs my Darren waller in standard. Ain't looking good at all

I do not like your chances, but stranger things have happened. :shrug: 

Down 2 pts.....1/2 pt ppr....I have Kamara he has Sanders.

Edited by richn

1 hour ago, Alex P Keaton said:

I sat Osi that week. 

• Sad 2

If Kamara is hit at the line of scrimmage on his first touch, fumbles, and is taken out of the game - I win by 1 point!!!

😲😲

But actually I love Kamara, so wishing him nothing but good things this season.

Kamara and Jacobs are my most owned palyers along with a sprinkle of Brees and Waller. 20 points out of every single player in PPR would be awesome! Really looking forward to this game tonight! GOOOO POINTS!

Edited by candian fantasy guy

1 hour ago, Gally said:

I sat Osi that week. 

So'd the Osi owner in my league. He was hit & miss and dude hates starting players on SN/MN - he's convinced he's unlucky in the prime-time games. I think Osi had the highest score of any defensive player we'd had to date in a game dude lost by like 3 points. 

Waller and Kamara to SIGNIFICANTLY out play Jacobs and Cook. The 0 on Parris Cambpebll and the 4 from Julio have me in a hole. 

1 minute ago, candian fantasy guy said:

Kamara and Jacobs are my most owned palyers along with a sprinkle of Brees and Waller. 20 points out of every single player in PPR would be awesome! Really looking forward to this gamer tonight! GOOOO POINTS!

Brees may have 20. Even 30. That has my blessing. Anything above that and :rant:

• Laughing 1