What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Newton fair trade value (1 Viewer)

jantoniosus

Footballguy
The newton and jackson owner has offered me Newton for CEH or Jacobs. Are either of these too much to pay for Newton. 

current QB- wentz

current RB- CEH, Jacobs, Carson, hunt, robinson

They just sent a 3rd offer for Carson and I get Cam. 

i have second waiver clam so I could possibly get on there RB to replace bench depth. 

You have a ton of RB depth so I can see why you;d be interested in making a move like this, but:

1. How many RBs can you start - mandatory plus flex?

2. How many will you start in a typical week (or, really are you more likely to start say Carson or Hunt at flex over one of your WR options)?

3. Do you think Newton will continue to perform at this high of a level, and do you think Wentz will continue to perform poorly when his WRs are back?

4. Based on your scoring system, does your weekly lineup improve by slotting Newton in at QB over Wentz but dropping from Carson/Hunt to someone else at flex?

Depending on the answers to the above, I can see making a deal, but giving up one of the few healthy every down backs (even if it is your #3 RB in Carson) for a QB upgrade is a little steep, but if it improves your lineup enough it may make sense for you given your RB depth.

You have a ton of RB depth so I can see why you;d be interested in making a move like this, but:

1. How many RBs can you start - mandatory plus flex?

2. How many will you start in a typical week (or, really are you more likely to start say Carson or Hunt at flex over one of your WR options)?

3. Do you think Newton will continue to perform at this high of a level, and do you think Wentz will continue to perform poorly when his WRs are back?

4. Based on your scoring system, does your weekly lineup improve by slotting Newton in at QB over Wentz but dropping from Carson/Hunt to someone else at flex?

Depending on the answers to the above, I can see making a deal, but giving up one of the few healthy every down backs (even if it is your #3 RB in Carson) for a QB upgrade is a little steep, but if it improves your lineup enough it may make sense for you given your RB depth.
1. We start 2 plus flex

2. Have been starting 3 (2 + flex)

3.  Verdict is out on Newton for me still. I do see him as an upgrade, but not sure how much. I am concerned that Wentz will be more like his last two weeks with an occasional big game scattered in.  

4. system is PPR with bonus at 100yd. I so far have not started Carson, but I am concerned that CEH may not pan out to be an every week start. (Well at least for me and what i have at RB)

I'd probably lean towards passing on this deal as I think Wentz will start performing better as his receivers get healthier and close the apparent gap between himself and Newton, and as we are seeing so many injuries, having depth at RB and WR is going to be even more valuable this year than it is most years.

I'd be ok making the move for CEH. I'd prefer to keep Jacobs and Carson.

I'm all-in on Cam a a top-5 QB though, so your mileage may vary.

You should be able to get Lamar or Russ for Jacobs or CEH. Carson is closer to fair value though (I'm keeping CEH over Carson). I probably do it Carson for Cam, hoping you can get a decent flex RB down the line with waiver, or by packaging a Cam or Wentz deal if Wentz boucnes back. It's not a slam dunk, though: being able to roll out Jacobs/CEH/Carson every week is crazy strong, you're taking a significant drop in your Flex.

Users who are viewing this thread