What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🐘 ​​ 🐴 ​2020 Presidential Debates thread - 2nd Debate October 15 (1 Viewer)

😂 Yes, Biden would never lie.

If Biden is on the stage with with no one within 20 feet of him, why would he wear a mask?

I think there’s things that both candidates don’t want mentioned, I have no idea if Trump requested it of Matthews or not. It cracks me up how you use a 10 second video of trump walking down a ramp one time and you keep referring to it over and over in different threads. Please provide some examples of using a golf cart because I have no idea what you’re talking about. I see people at their lake homes using golf carts all the time. They simply do not want to walk or I guess they must be disabled or something?
Rallying his base. 

CBS/YouGov poll: Why will you watch the debate?

73% To see how my candidate does
41% For the entertainment
8% It will be the only thing on TV
6% I’m still deciding who to vote for
I'd be really curious if they had a breakdown of those 6% that are undecided and what their main policy issues are that they are interested in hearing about. 

I still have a feeling that this will have similarities to Kennedy-Nixon in terms of incredibly clear differences between the two candidates.  In this case, Biden will speak rather intelligently about policies, about the country, about his desires to lead the American people (all of them).  Trump will blather on with his insults, distortions, and lies.  He won't be able to articulate clear policies for the next four years * because I don't think he has any.  I.e., I believe we'll see a very clear contrast between two very different candidates.  

* Recall his goals four years ago - to immediately repeal and replace Obamacare and to build a big wall that Mexico would pay for.  

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Did Joe win any of the Democratic debates? Of course he won the nomination but I can't recall if he was ever widely considered the "winner" of any of the primary debates.

I still have a feeling that this will have similarities to Kennedy-Nixon in terms of incredibly clear differences between the two candidates.  In this case, Biden will speak rather intelligently about policies, about the country, about his desires to lead the American people (all of them).  Trump will blather on with his insults, distortions, and lies.  He won't be able to articulate clear policies for the next four years * because I don't think he has any.  I.e., I believe we'll see a very clear contrast between two very different candidates.  

* Recall his goals four years ago - to immediately repeal and replace Obamacare and to build a big wall that Mexico would pay for.  
I thought you would use the classic line of just like the Lincoln vs. Douglas debate but with....well, you know.

:shiny:

Did Joe win any of the Democratic debates? Of course he won the nomination but I can't recall if he was ever widely considered the "winner" of any of the primary debates.
Well, I don't know of any official winners of these debates but my recollection was 1. he got more air time than just about any of them.  2. He had some gaffes and good moments and 3. Folks tried to attack him but nothing stuck.

I only remember there being one of the debates where folks said he "won".

He won the one with Bernie, but he was WAAAAAAAY sharper than he was in the multi-candidate debates
If I recall, anytime the field was relatively large, he didn’t do much speaking in comparison to the others.

Well, I don't know of any official winners of these debates but my recollection was 1. he got more air time than just about any of them.

If I recall, anytime the field was relatively large, he didn’t do much speaking in comparison to the others.
I did some quick googling and looks like both of us were off.  He had one debate where he had the most but then he had one where he was 3rd, one where he was 5th and one where he was 6th.  Seems to average out around middle of the pack.

IDK I think Trump is fairly effective as a debater. Although Clinton did well in the debates, the 2016 version of Trump was pretty effective at knocking people off stride (including the moderator.) 

My two favorite tweets on the debate tonight so far:

"Debate drinking game: Chug. Just chug"

"Make you tweet direct quotes immediately. No one else will be doing that."

I think others have stated this already but I'm very much looking forward to Wallace doing the debate - I think he's one of the best at his craft and should hopefully keep things moving and run a professional debate.  I think most of us think tonight will be a #### show but if it's not then it's most likely due to Wallace.

IDK I think Trump is fairly effective as a debater. Although Clinton did well in the debates, the 2016 version of Trump was pretty effective at knocking people off stride (including the moderator.) 
I think this is true.

And I think Trump supporters generally like his debating style, and will legitimately decide he won the debate by a large margin.

Unless either candidate literally falls on their face, I don't think this year's debate matters - in terms of voter preference.

If you liked the last 4 years - you are almost certainly going to vote for Trump.  And, if you did not like the last 4 years - you are almost certainly going to vote for Biden.

No news is good news for Joe Biden here.  I think a boring debate in general is good for Biden.  A lively debate is good for Trump.  Lots of direct engagement with the moderator is bad for Trump.  Lots of sparring between Trump/Biden is bad for Biden.  

Reminder on the topics (and my commentary):

• “The Trump and Biden Records” - kind of hard to know how these will go.  If it's just listing their records then I'm not sure either has a leg up on the other one.  If we delve in to the controversial stuff then Trump has more skeletons but Biden has some hard questions to answer himself (Iraq)
  • “The Supreme Court” - this should be an easy topic for both of them although I have a feeling they will both mess it up
  • ”Covid-19” - I'm not sure where Trump can hide on this topic - Biden should hammer him here
  • “The Economy” - if not for Covid, this is where Trump could have shown and he still has some things to point to.
  • “Race and Violence in our Cities” - Trump will try to hammer Biden here and Biden needs to be very careful or could get caught with a horrible soundbite
  • “The Integrity of the Election” - Biden should emphasize things like mail-in voting is secure, there are outside actors trying to influence our elections, that he will stand by the results, etc.  Trump will just spend time fear mongering this one - that's his best move

Fair enough.  If there's a difference, it could be that Trump now has a political history, versus just ranting about the status quo.  Should be interesting!

So........I'm on one of the Trump mailing lists.

Earlier tonight, I got an email from it, which said "I just finished debating Joe Biden."

Not sure if his team is incompetent or if they don't want me to watch the debate. :mellow:

So........I'm on one of the Trump mailing lists.

Earlier tonight, I got an email from it, which said "I just finished debating Joe Biden."

Not sure if his team is incompetent or if they don't want me to watch the debate. :mellow:
Over before it started. 😉

Are any of the networks doing anything "special"....like an inhouse WOOT! WOOT! section for Trump zingers on FOX or a meter on how often protesters agree with Biden on MSNBC?

It has to be a Hail Mary coming from Trump. His only hope to make up ground is on stage in the 3 debates - starting tonite!

It's 4th and 55....tick, tick, tick.

Users who are viewing this thread