What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's support bigbottom and Chance for Hope (1 Viewer)

bostonfred

Footballguy
Hey everyone.  This is the last week of September, which is Childhood Cancer Awareness month.

I know how proud I am of @bigbottom and all he has done with Chance for Hope, and I am happy to be running this weekend in the Going Gold Fun Run. 

To sign up go to https://runsignup.com/Race/TX/Anytown/Chanceforhope

I know a lot of runners have already joined in but let's get a little more visibility to this great cause, help our friend's charity and get a little exercise while we're at it. 

It's a virtual  run,, which means that whether you want to just run 3.q miles, schtick it up on Zoom during the run, compare times with the 10k thread nerds, walk it anonymously, or watch football and just pretend you ran, you’ll get the same sweet race medal and shirt that I'm getting for doing at least one of those things.

Last edited by a moderator:
ABOUT CHANCE FOR HOPE

The Chance for Hope Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization formed in April 2014 to honor the legacy of Chance Davidson, a thirteen-year-old boy who lost his battle with brain cancer in October 2013. Having been a previous pediatric cancer family and Pearland resident, the founders of our organization have an acute understanding of the needs of the pediatric cancer community and the challenges faced by these courageous children. The charitable mission of the Chance for Hope Foundation is to provide support services for children with cancer and their families, funding for pediatric cancer research and treatment, and educational resources to the general public regarding pediatric cancer.

As you may know, September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, and gold is the recognized color for childhood cancer. Through the Chance for Hope Going Gold Fun Run, our Foundation’s signature cancer awareness event, we remember the many children who have been taken from us too soon and extend our support to all those who continue to battle this illness with incredible strength and courage.

Fred, thank you so much for your support and for starting this thread!  We really appreciate it. And yes, there is still time to register and participate.  And you don’t have to be a runner - I walked a good part of my 5K if I’m being honest.      By the way, the race medal is sweet and the dry-fit shirt is really nice (though it does have a big logo on the front - see the photo at the link). Anyway, we hope many of you participate, and thanks again Fred!

Already registered me and the family :thumbup:

Haven’t yet had a chance to do it, but thinking I’ll at least get eldest kid out to do it with me tomorrow (it’ll be mostly walking I suspect, but that’s cool too). 

Already registered me and the family :thumbup:

Haven’t yet had a chance to do it, but thinking I’ll at least get eldest kid out to do it with me tomorrow (it’ll be mostly walking I suspect, but that’s cool too). 
Walking is the new running!  Thanks brother!!

I'm looking to do mine early next week...hopefully Monday.

If you haven't signed up yet, please do.  It is a great cause.
Thanks so much. You don’t technically have to do it in September as long as you register by September 30. 

Just finished my 5k, and even though I have been taking it easy on a balky knee recently, i ran my best time in months, in no small part because I was running for a cause that's important to me. 

Thank you to everyone who has signed up already.. and for those of you who are still thinking about it, there's still time - you have until Wednesday night to sign up even if you don't run it by the end of September. Hope to see some more personal bests. 

Did mine today with 9yo eldest daughter. Had registered the whole family but figured 3yo and 6yo would have made it impossible, so wasn’t planning on them. 

We were most mostly walking but a few runs mixed in. It took us 55 minutes, but it was cool time together just the two of us. For that reason alone is was really nice. We also talked about about Chance. 

Really awesome and inspiring event. Thanks to BB and C4H for organizing it. 
O

Did mine today with 9yo eldest daughter. Had registered the whole family but figured 3yo and 6yo would have made it impossible, so wasn’t planning on them. 

We were most mostly walking but a few runs mixed in. It took us 55 minutes, but it was cool time together just the two of us. For that reason alone is was really nice. We also talked about about Chance. 

Really awesome and inspiring event. Thanks to BB and C4H for organizing it. 
O
Just saw this post!  Thanks so much Otis.  I'm glad the event gave you an opportunity to spend some time with your daughter, and the fact that Chance was part of your run is super meaningful to me.

Just finished my 5k, and even though I have been taking it easy on a balky knee recently, i ran my best time in months, in no small part because I was running for a cause that's important to me. 

Thank you to everyone who has signed up already.. and for those of you who are still thinking about it, there's still time - you have until Wednesday night to sign up even if you don't run it by the end of September. Hope to see some more personal bests. 
Fred:  I really appreciate everything you did to promote this event and help make it a success.  You're a really good person.  Thank you!

Just got my shirt and medal. Looks awesome. Nice quality shirt and fits a little big even which is nice. Will wear it proudly. Thank you for doing this. You and your family are so amazing. 
Yeah, got mine yesterday. 

Was a nice surprise - and I like the shirt because it’s not the usual obnoxious looking shirt you get at most races. I can actually wear this one around. 

Glad to be involved @bigbottom!

These shirts are awesome. Wearing mine right now. Kids all love theirs too. 

Great job C4H in coming up with a great idea and event despite the pandemic. !

These shirts are awesome. Wearing mine right now. Kids all love theirs too. 

Great job C4H in coming up with a great idea and event despite the pandemic. !
That’s awesome!  Glad everyone likes the shirts.  Even when we (hopefully) go back to an in person run next September, we will be keeping a virtual component. So we hope you all will consider taking part again.

p.s. Did the girls like the medals?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread