What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Moving Mahomes (1 Viewer)

Wrigley

Footballguy
12 team 6 TD league 

first off, I also own Wilson

Im very weak at my RB2

Offer on the table 

Mahomes

Gore

Julio

for

Burrow

Conners

Ridley

whatcha think? 

Not enough.  The other guy is trying to sell you on Ridley being the WR1 RoY which he won't, and he's trying to get Julio from you also?  Conner isn't nearly enough RB to pay for Mahomes. 

Not enough.  The other guy is trying to sell you on Ridley being the WR1 RoY which he won't, and he's trying to get Julio from you also?  Conner isn't nearly enough RB to pay for Mahomes. 
I agree that Ridley and Julio are kind of a wash. I’m sure I could get Ridley for JuJu, but do I really want both ATL receivers?

Conners for Mahomes makes me puke in my mouth a little, but it is what it is 

it’s very difficult to get true value for a top tier QB 

I agree that Ridley and Julio are kind of a wash. I’m sure I could get Ridley for JuJu, but do I really want both ATL receivers?

Conners for Mahomes makes me puke in my mouth a little, but it is what it is 

it’s very difficult to get true value for a top tier QB 
I'm not completely a believer that Ridley has surpassed Julio as THE WR1 in Atlanta, but it's very close.  Julio is no slouch and he's not washed up all of a sudden. He dropped an EZ TD already and if any of those Ridley TDs could have gone to Julio then they're much more even.

Ridley > Julio slightly, so you get an edge there. 

Gore is a throw in, completely useless in this trade but wouldn't bat an eye at losing him if the other owner wants him. 

Burrow is fairly useless to you since you'd have Wilson.  Helps to cover his bye but that's about it. 

Conner is fragile and by himself shouldn't be enough to get Mahomes.  Any chance he also has Snell to give you with Conner?   

This just feels like one of those trades that's made unnecessarily large in order to obscure the other guy's true intentions.  He's hoping you're enamored with Ridley's last 2 games, and desperate at RB enough that Conner feels like a big upgrade".  

NOW, I say all that to say, it's hard trading a top tier QB and getting good value because it's very rare that other owners have extra RB1's that they can afford to part with.  There's a guy in one of my leagues who always always takes two top QBs and holds them as trade bait, and demands high prices, and nobody will trade with him, we just make him eat them both.  It's very possible that Conner is as good an offer as you're going to get.  I'd shop around before rejecting or pissing this guy off, but in the end I think if no better offers come then I'd probably do this deal now that I think about it more, provided that you get Ridley and only give up some lesser WR than Julio.  

Last edited by a moderator:
This trade makes your team better overall.  Wilson and Mahomes are a wash fantasy wise this year (I think Wilson continues his pace) and Ridley is the better WR in Atlanta.  He is the WR1 there when factoring in Julio's health issues that will likely linger all year long.  The tide has turned.   I actually like the deal even without liking Conner but I am high on Ridley. 

To me the deal is Mahomes for Conner and an improvement of Ridley over an injured Julio (which I think is significant).  Gore/Burrow are incidental with not value in the deal. 

What other RB's does the guy have?  Depending on the choices I might like something else better.

This trade makes your team better overall.  Wilson and Mahomes are a wash fantasy wise this year (I think Wilson continues his pace) and Ridley is the better WR in Atlanta.  He is the WR1 there when factoring in Julio's health issues that will likely linger all year long.  The tide has turned.   I actually like the deal even without liking Conner but I am high on Ridley. 

To me the deal is Mahomes for Conner and an improvement of Ridley over an injured Julio (which I think is significant).  Gore/Burrow are incidental with not value in the deal. 

What other RB's does the guy have?  Depending on the choices I might like something else better.
Jacobs is his RB1, and he’s told me he’s off the table 

He also has Robinson, who looked great last night.  M Davis, Cohen, and Swift round them out 

He might be willing to move Ridley for JuJu

Jacobs is his RB1, and he’s told me he’s off the table 

He also has Robinson, who looked great last night.  M Davis, Cohen, and Swift round them out 

He might be willing to move Ridley for JuJu
I would rather move Julio and keep JuJu.  I think Julio is going to be dinged all year long and that Atlanta has already started the transition to Ridley.  He is an exceptional WR.  I would swap out Robinson for Conner and do that deal quickly. 

I would rather move Julio and keep JuJu.  I think Julio is going to be dinged all year long and that Atlanta has already started the transition to Ridley.  He is an exceptional WR.  I would swap out Robinson for Conner and do that deal quickly. 
Told the other owner I’d text him after my first Manhattan to work our a deal 

so figure around 3

agree -switch out Robinson for Conner.

Trade was finalized early Sunday morning 

Mahomes

Gore

Julio

for

Burrow

Conners

Ridley

thanks guys, no looking back now 

Wrigley said:
Trade was finalized early Sunday morning 

Mahomes

Gore

Julio

for

Burrow

Conners

Ridley

thanks guys, no looking back now 
So you weren't able to get Robinson instead of Conners?  Too bad but I still think you will be better off in the long run with this deal. 

So you weren't able to get Robinson instead of Conners?  Too bad but I still think you will be better off in the long run with this deal. 
He wasn’t budging 

tried getting Swift as a throw in, it is what it is 

Both of our teams are now better 

Users who are viewing this thread