What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are Conservatives really more charitable? (1 Viewer)

Choose one

• I'm a conservative who signed up and owned the libs

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I'm a conservative but don't actually believe in private charities

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a liberal who signed up because it's what Obama would have done

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • I'ma liberal snowflake who can't handle the heat from those trump 5kers

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

bostonfred

Footballguy
Here's your chance to prove it.  This is the last week of September, which is Childhood Cancer Awareness month, and @bigbottom's charity is having a virtual 5k. Let's set aside our differences and raise money for a good cause and support a good friend. 

To sign up go to https://runsignup.com/Race/TX/Anytown/Chanceforhope

It's a virtual run, which means that whether you want to just run 3.1 miles, schtick it up on Zoom during the run, compare times with the 10k thread nerds, walk it anonymously, or watch football and just pretend you ran, you’ll get the same sweet race medal and shirt that I'm getting for doing at least one of those things.

ABOUT CHANCE FOR HOPE

The Chance for Hope Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization formed in April 2014 to honor the legacy of Chance Davidson, a thirteen-year-old boy who lost his battle with brain cancer in October 2013. Having been a previous pediatric cancer family and Pearland resident, the founders of our organization have an acute understanding of the needs of the pediatric cancer community and the challenges faced by these courageous children. The charitable mission of the Chance for Hope Foundation is to provide support services for children with cancer and their families, funding for pediatric cancer research and treatment, and educational resources to the general public regarding pediatric cancer.

As you may know, September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, and gold is the recognized color for childhood cancer. Through the Chance for Hope Going Gold Fun Run, our Foundation’s signature cancer awareness event, we remember the many children who have been taken from us too soon and extend our support to all those who continue to battle this illness with incredible strength and courage.

@bostonfred - Just to confirm here, we click the Sign Up button under either the Virtual 5K or Virtual 10K listed as Events, step through the rest of the prompts, and the donation goes to bigbottom's charity?

@bostonfred - Just to confirm here, we click the Sign Up button under either the Virtual 5K or Virtual 10K listed as Events, step through the rest of the prompts, and the donation goes to bigbottom's charity?
Yes!  And you’ll get a dry-fit race shirt and high quality race medal in the mail (be sure to provide your address).  Also, if you snap a photo of yourself on the run (or walk) and tag #chanceforhoperun on FB or IG, you’ll be entered into a drawing for some prizes!

I was really expecting the liberals to give this a better shot.  Hurry and sign up before we get totally owned. 

Just finished my 5k, and even though I have been taking it easy on a balky knee recently, i ran my best time in months, in no small part because I was running for a cause that's important to me. 

Thank you to everyone who has signed up already.. and for those of you who are still thinking about it, there's still time - you have until Wednesday night to sign up even if you don't run it by the end of September. Hope to see some more personal bests. 

Doing this virtually, we set a goal early on of registering 400 participants. Well, we’re at 394 with a few days to go!

I did a nice, easy 10-miler on Saturday and just called that my race for recording purposes.  3.1 miles at my weekend-long-run pace isn't a very impressive 5K, but at least I owned a bunch of libs.

Last day to sign up but you can run it at any time.  Look how close they are to reaching their goal. Would love to see some non partisan support for a great cause

Users who are viewing this thread