What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Have you ever had a stat change this close to decide a game? (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
I was trailing 164.99 to 164.94.  Waller's status were change from 103 rec yds to 105 and that boosted me to a win of 165.14 to 164.99.  MFL stat changes come in just after midnight early Thursday morning, so that is before the Thursday night game of the next weeks game.

ETA:  STAT CHANGES FOR WEEK #2 (PUBLISHED THU SEP 24 12:00:43 A.M. ET 2020)

Last edited by a moderator:
Never mind misread your timeline on stat changes.

Anyway yes had a time or two where I was up or down 0.05 and ended up winning or losing on a stat change especially in IDP leagues.

I've seen multiple stat changes change the outcome - one of my leagues had the League Championship change due to one, and I won that same league a few years later by .85 as of the Monday Night final and I was sweating it big time.

I've seen multiple stat changes change the outcome - one of my leagues had the League Championship change due to one, and I won that same league a few years later by .85 as of the Monday Night final and I was sweating it big time.
Having the championship decided like that is crazy wild.

Having the championship decided like that is crazy wild.
Well I think you don't play IDP leagues, so you're probably not used to it, but IDP get a TON of stat changes every week.  One guy gets credited for a tackle and it has to come from someone else so there's the double-whammy effect.  Now law of averages usually plays out so if you get a couple guys getting a couple more points, your opponent likely does too.  Or you'll get a couple guys lose a few points and a couple of your other guys gain a few and you end up even.  It's generally less than 5 points per week, but when you see a close one like that you learn to check first thing Thursday morning haha.  I'd say in each of my leagues we get 1-2 games per season that change results.

Well I think you don't play IDP leagues, so you're probably not used to it, but IDP get a TON of stat changes every week.  One guy gets credited for a tackle and it has to come from someone else so there's the double-whammy effect.  Now law of averages usually plays out so if you get a couple guys getting a couple more points, your opponent likely does too.  Or you'll get a couple guys lose a few points and a couple of your other guys gain a few and you end up even.  It's generally less than 5 points per week, but when you see a close one like that you learn to check first thing Thursday morning haha.  I'd say in each of my leagues we get 1-2 games per season that change results.
You are correct, I don’t play IDP.

Several years ago, one of my leagues had a guy quit because a stat correction caused him to lose in the playoffs.

I forget which service we were using, but for some reason they turned off the "Automatically Process Stat Corrections" option for the playoffs. So, instead of the score being automatically adjusted on Wednesday night (as had happened during the regular season), the error was not noticed until Sunday morning, at which point the Commish manually adjusted the scores. The losing owner was furious, raised a bunch of message board hell for the rest of the season, then quit the league.

Good times.

Kind of on topic,

I was in a total points league where one year the winner beat second place by five points, and both had more than 3,200 points scored (high scoring system). 

That year, Peyton Manning could have walked in an easy TD late in the season, but he went down on purpose to run out the clock. If he had scored the TD, second place would have won by one point. 

In that week 17, in the last game on the schedule, late in the fourth quarter of that game, they were still winning by three (despite Manning a couple weeks earlier). The other team's defense got a turnover (two points) and scored (six points) with just a few minutes left, giving that team the five-point win overall. I wasn't involved but I still remember it. 

Users who are viewing this thread