What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jacobs handcuff - Booker or Richard? (1 Viewer)

Down Under

Footballguy
With all the injuries, I've been nervous about Jacobs, to say the least.  Does anyone have any insight that I don't as to who would get the bulk of the work if Jacobs is out?  Last year it was Washington, and Richard was more the 3rd down back.  But Booker's history is, ummmm, uninspiring at best.  Yes, I saw Richard's TD last week and he looked good on it, but he's never been a feature back.  Is either one worth a short bench spot?   I have Gaskins & Edmonds on my bench, I doubt Booker or Richard are better backs, but they would receive more consistent play/goal line work if Jacobs were out.

Any other Jacobs owners thinking about this?

Non-PPR redraft

Booker.  Richard still mainly a third down back.  When Jacobs needs a rest I think Booker will get the call.

I believe Richard is the more valuable regardless who starts, because of his abilities in the passing game.

I don't think either back is going to step in and take over Jacobs touches. Will be some sort of committee imo.
Agreed...though, I would suspect Richard being more valuable in the pass game, may make him a little more valuable in a 50/50 type split with Booker.

I don't think either back is going to step in and take over Jacobs touches. Will be some sort of committee imo.
This. I don't think it settles into something like Booker being early down back with Richard being 3rd down/passing back, though that's their natural role.

I could see Gruden swapping series, and switching usage up to keep Ds on their toes instead of telegraphing specific "roles" for these guys.

Overall I say Richard is a little more valuable given his trusted performance and historical role in this offense. He's earned trust from everyone. Booker looked to have found his egars again and looked solid in his touches so far. But I think Richard has the overall edge in terms of value.

Bottom line is they will both be used.

Users who are viewing this thread