What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3: Cincinnati at Philadephia ***Game Thread*** (1 Viewer)

At a certain point you have to start wondering if this is just who Wentz is. We're going on 2 years now of "but Wentz MVP"!!!

Ruh roh. Terrible Eagles penalty and Burrow took a big hit. He’s shaking it off on the sideline. 

I know people will cringe watching that tackle on Burrow or what I would call a "Hit" but I don't believe the Philly defender was doing it with malice, honestly. I've seen H2H hits far worse, Fitzpatrick got one with no call the other night, terrible helmet hit but he got right back up. 

Hope JB is OK, not the kind of hit you like to see but I didn't see intention to take him out of the game, not a helmet target IMHO. Glad JB seems to be OK and back in there. 

I'm not sure if it's the coverage of the lack of time, but if A.J. Green can't look good against the Iggles secondary the whispers need to start about his decline.

EDIT: It's the lack of time.

For all the complaints about Clowney in the playoff and Eagle thread, that was an unreal cheap shot by Jackson. 
really, how was that possibly dirty on Jackson? he hit Burrow, not even near his head? Burrow was still throwing, no idea what he could have done differently.

Comparing that to Clowney is really silly  

if the Eagles could find a way to acquire the players after they leave the team, they would be a top 5 team. Seems like almost everybody does better when they leave
Almost like it's a coaching problem. We have decent coaches but no one seems to be able to develop guys 

really, how was that possibly dirty on Jackson? he hit Burrow, not even near his head? Burrow was still throwing, no idea what he could have done differently.

Comparing that to Clowney is really silly  
In real time and with all of JB's momentum going to his right and the DLineman with his 300 lbs moving fast left, they collided and it was still flush on the shoulder upper arm, never made contact above shoulders but JB's body suddenly looked like a still shot for the casting of the upcoming comic book movie, PlasticMan and that was enough for the Refs to feel like they were looking at a possible assault in progress but it really wasn't quite that bad. I think JB will think twice about going on a long roll out when he is in the middle of the pocket 3 seconds into the play...get the ball out of there JB. 

The hit looked like shoulder to shoulder to me.  It was a MASSIVE hit, but looked legal.

Burrow is getting crushed out there.  Has taken a couple more big hits since that one.

Users who are viewing this thread