What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I Just got 1st PLACE!! - FanDuel $700K Sun NFL Primetime Showdown ($150K to 1st) (1 Viewer)

Rhythmdoctor

Footballguy
Problem is I tied with like 400 others, so my split was $567.92.  I seem to always at least break even in the big FanDuel tournaments. I always do about 6-10 entries in the $1MM Sunday tournament then do a handful of the 1 gamers like the $700K Sun NFL Primetime Showdown ($150K to 1st) which I FINALLY placed 1st!!!  This was a good weekend overall as I did $71 of entries and won $650.  I mean, I play these enough to know that the one gamers rarely if ever have 1 sole winner but it was still disappointing to see the final payout.  This is the first time I've placed first in a big payout tourney like this.  I've placed 2nd-4th a few times in some of the mid range tournaments where grand prize is like $20k.  Tonight was a whole new level of uber excitement quickly shot down to disappointment.  I'm happy to have won some $$$ but I play those big ones for the BIG payout potential.

Thanks for letting me brag a bit.

Congratulations! That’s amazing. 
92k+ entries.  It's so frustrating though to finally pick the perfect roster and split with so many people.  That's why I load up more on the $1MM Sunday main more.  I usually only do 2 entries on the Sunday night game. My other entry won me $27.  I picked the same lineup with the only difference being I picked Lutz in one and Crosby in the winning entry.

Well done!
Thank you.  I knew as I was watching that I was at least in the hunt.  But I've been super close before, like 2 tenths of a point from first and have seen how these one game tournaments have ties at several places.  When you have that many entrants and only 2 teams to choose from, it's inevitable I suppose. 

Thank you.  I knew as I was watching that I was at least in the hunt.  But I've been super close before, like 2 tenths of a point from first and have seen how these one game tournaments have ties at several places.  When you have that many entrants and only 2 teams to choose from, it's inevitable I suppose. 
Congrats. I thought it was a decent way to bring out profit in the past. The stupid lineups out weighed the stupid juice. I’ve split several top prizes before. It’s par for the course

I've had this happen before as well. That's what makes the showdown contests tough to beat. Sometimes even when you win, you tie. 

When you have that many entrants and only 2 teams to choose from, it's inevitable I suppose. 
Exactly.  I've split first place before in a showdown content and it's just something you have to expect for these types of contests.  Sharing first place is better than sharing second place :)  

Also, congrats!

Problem is I tied with like 400 others, so my split was $567.92.  I seem to always at least break even in the big FanDuel tournaments. I always do about 6-10 entries in the $1MM Sunday tournament then do a handful of the 1 gamers like the $700K Sun NFL Primetime Showdown ($150K to 1st) which I FINALLY placed 1st!!!  This was a good weekend overall as I did $71 of entries and won $650.  I mean, I play these enough to know that the one gamers rarely if ever have 1 sole winner but it was still disappointing to see the final payout.  This is the first time I've placed first in a big payout tourney like this.  I've placed 2nd-4th a few times in some of the mid range tournaments where grand prize is like $20k.  Tonight was a whole new level of uber excitement quickly shot down to disappointment.  I'm happy to have won some $$$ but I play those big ones for the BIG payout potential.

Congratulations! That's awesome. 

what was your lineup?

Maybe there was a particularly optimal lineup that the big sharks intentionally submitted multiples of?

ETA - Congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe there was a particularly optimal lineup that the big sharks intentionally submitted multiples of?

ETA - Congrats!
I think it was likely due to those players in his lineup being heavily owned.  I wasn't in that contest so I don't know the percentages owned for those players.

But there are basically two kinds of lineups that can be put together for these single game slates - one that can tie for first, and one that can outright win first place.  Actually, there is a third type of line up, one that doesn't cash at all, and this is the type of lineup I typically submit :lol:  

For example, in the Fan Duel Monday Million contest last night this entry tied for first place (24 entries won ~$47K each).

P. Mahomes 68%
CEH 32%
T. Hill 24%
J. Tucker 23%    9 points
M. Hardman 16%

And this lineup came in solo second place:

P. Mahomes 68%
CEH 32%
T. Hill 24%
M. Hardman 16%
D Duvernay 2%  7.7 points

So if Duvernay scored 1.4 more points last night this guy would have won the $1MM outright and the others would have tied for second place.

Congrats!  That's awesome.

Must have been Winner's Weekend!

Signed up for Draft Kings for the first time last week and submitted a lineup with my son. Ended up winning $5 on my $3 bet.  So net $2. Booyah!  :headbang:
Hey, that's great. Never knock free money. I signed up for Fanduel with a $25 match on my $25. I won a small stakes contest ($100) almost immediately. I promptly took out $50 and played with the rest. Just a dollar or two here and there (I'm not a gambler). 

That was more than five years ago, and I'm still playing on that money. It goes up and down, but I have a little more than $50 in there. And I have never won a public tournament since.

Users who are viewing this thread