What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How to Tank in Dynasty (1 Viewer)

spacepimp

Footballguy
The injuries are stacking up, the leaders of the division each already have a 3 game lead on your team and your squad should be contending, but is not.  

As an owner who has never willingly conceded defeat to anyone, tanking has never been an actionable thought for a number of reasons   First being, have no idea how to even do it and feel good about it all   Second, do not want to upset the competitive balance of the league by losing games I could win   

Is tanking a season worth the picks you may get the next year?    

I you are benching better players to make sure you lose, you should be kicked out of your league.

I would suggest thinking about trading anyone who has limited future value. If you have someone who is older or has increased usage because of an injury to a teammate, trade them. Put it out they are on the block and take the best offer you can get, even if below market.

First things first, you're not tanking, you're playing for next season.  Some great opportunities for a 0-3 Dynasty team.  Especially if you have some solid assets that can play now and have enough talent to interest the competing teams in your league that have been decimated by injuries.

Sutton, Campbell, maybe Barkley.   Go get them.    You don't want to try to lose, but when you give up the current assets to get 2021 assets, the losing should take care of itself.

Yeah I'm in a similar boat. My team was supposedly very strong but I've lost almost half of my 21 players. I'm going to give it one more week and see. 0-4 and I will be trading my RB for draft picks and injured players. Looking towards 2021. 

Move all valuable veteran players for younger players + picks. You'll probably get more for them nearer the trade deadline but the trade off is that's longer they'll be on your team dragging you to more wins. Most on here are saying 2021 but I look more like 2 to 3 years away. Try to trade for young WRs that have flashed. WR have a longer shelf life so you can draft RBs to pair with them.

Sell for future value but start your best rostered players, use FA and WW to fill in the gaps. Try to win each week while gaining assets. 

I think the proper way is to basically look at every move through the lense of "how is this going to help me in 2021?" 
Pretty much. Stay open minded but priority targets are injured players, picks, and buy lows that likely won't ROI til next year. And don't hesitate to use your own starters to make those acquisitions. 

Users who are viewing this thread