What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PIT-TEN To Be Postponed (1 Viewer)

I'd have to think the league is doing all they can to make it Monday. Which is obviously what we all would want for fantasy football.

Later than Monday and things start reshuffling. 

At least it is Wednesday and they're giving us this much. I would think there is room for much more clarity soon. @Joe Bryant have you guys heard anything about new test results coming in?

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard another positive test for a Tennessee player.  It can take 5-7 days after exposure for a person to test positive, so there could be more to come.
I have heard that about another player as well, but haven't seen it confirmed. And yeah I would expect more.

I heard another positive test for a Tennessee player.  It can take 5-7 days after exposure for a person to test positive, so there could be more to come.  Link:  https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/30/tennessee-titans-another-player-positive-covid-19-report/

Is there a source on this?
We could go in circles all day on this.  I've heard 3-5.  Some hear 5-7.  I think the NFL will push this to Monday if there's no more positive results by Saturday which allows the teams to get in a full Practice Saturday and be off Sunday.  Saturday gives it 6 days.

Is there a source on this?
Let's not if that's ok. Joe has told us countless times not to get into these things. Maybe we can all agree to say there is some kind of delay in time associated with this thing and that they're (Ten/Min) not in the clear yet? We can get into a science debate here (again) and then be told not to. If we want to  get into the weeds the question should be what does the NFL think about it? If I was a reporter I would be asking the NFL what the significance of a Monday/Tuesday postponement would be relative to testing schedules, not practice fairness (though that is clearly part of it). The answer is probably out there on that I just don't know it.

As a Conner and Henry owner I'm trying to grab anyone in the late Sunday night game or Monday night game as plan B and C.

Greg Ward for example Sunday night.

As a Conner and Henry owner I'm trying to grab anyone in the late Sunday night game or Monday night game as plan B and C.

Grabbing him regardless. I think realistically I have to just hold and hope for the best for my Pit/Ten guys. Some of my rosters just can't afford for me to go ballistic on the already thin waiver wire just to hunt a few potential points. Some teams I have room to make some speculative adds/drops, others I just don't and would rather roll the dice and if I take a 0 I take a 0. Sucks.

Injury updates as the week goes on might clear a few of these up but seems like biggest week I can ever recall for having a need for backup options in place for the SNF/MNF games.

Adams, Julio, Kittle, Mostert, McKinnon, Diontae, just from a non-COVID health angle is already a ton to manage and try and arrange for a backup option.

Injury updates as the week goes on might clear a few of these up but seems like biggest week I can ever recall for having a need for backup options in place for the SNF/MNF games.

Adams, Julio, Kittle, Mostert, McKinnon, Diontae, just from a non-COVID health angle is already a ton to manage and try and arrange for a backup option.
Lol and I have banged up Kittle and Mostert as well. If they don't play I'll just have to punt this week and shoot for #1 waiver next week.

It requires a fair amount of work for a commissioner but this year more than ever, see if your league can institute contingencies.  We have used them forever for players listed as questionable.

Ex: Derrick Henry is my starter but if games gets cancelled, sub in Antonio Gibson.

Commish makes the lineup change if game gets cancelled.

It requires a fair amount of work for a commissioner but this year more than ever, see if your league can institute contingencies.  We have used them forever for players listed as questionable.

Ex: Derrick Henry is my starter but if games gets cancelled, sub in Antonio Gibson.

Commish makes the lineup change if game gets cancelled.
Interesting.  I wonder if I should do this for my league.

Commish Questions:

You can see what kind of replies I get. https://twitter.com/Football_Guys/status/1311330492885630982?s=20
Joe I'm PoliPsych on there and sort of fumbled my question (I suck at Twitter). 

In MFL for example, as commissioner I can retroactively start players for owners after the Monday games are over. Sometimes someone will make an honest mistake and I have to go in and fix it for them. Like their one and only defense was left on their bench for some reason. But. Having a game on Tuesday and how that *might* affect the settings in the background, how the system responds to it, etc., are fair game. But otherwise we have all had stat corrections on Thursdays that have swung matchups. 

I can't speak for capabilities on other platforms. I'm co-commish in an ESPN league but I haven't dug into it.

Joe I'm PoliPsych on there and sort of fumbled my question (I suck at Twitter). 

In MFL for example, as commissioner I can retroactively start players for owners after the Monday games are over. Sometimes someone will make an honest mistake and I have to go in and fix it for them. Like their one and only defense was left on their bench for some reason. But. Having a game on Tuesday and how that *might* affect the settings in the background, how the system responds to it, etc., are fair game. But otherwise we have all had stat corrections on Thursdays that have swung matchups. 

I can't speak for capabilities on other platforms. I'm co-commish in an ESPN league but I haven't dug into it.
I'm comish in one league and based on what I'm seeing the only thing I can do is manually adjust scoring. 

I'd have to ask each owner for "if/then" statements prior to this week's games. 

For example, if game is postponed beyond this week, take my D. Henry out and then put in X player's score.

If anyone else has any other bright ideas I'm listening.

I'm comish in one league and based on what I'm seeing the only thing I can do is manually adjust scoring. 

I'd have to ask each owner for "if/then" statements prior to this week's games. 

For example, if game is postponed beyond this week, take my D. Henry out and then put in X player's score.

If anyone else has any other bright ideas I'm listening.
Same here on espn.  I can’t change players for others but can manually adjust scoring.  We expanded on rosters this year from 17 to 20 in anticipation of canceled games etc so I told my league no retroactive changes for cancellations...  

As a Henry owner, I picked up Brian Hill on waivers. He plays Monday night so I have extra time to decide if I play him or wait on Henry and he has shown some ability if he gets opportunity.

It’s gotta be Monday night.

I have no idea how ESPN would treat a Tuesday night game. Would my points still be applied to Week 4 or would I get points for two games in Week 5?

Edit: I see that ESPN has already placed my Steelers players on bye.

I have no idea how ESPN would treat a Tuesday night game. Would my points still be applied to Week 4 or would I get points for two games in Week 5?
I think a Tuesday game next week would count as Week 4. 

From the Twitter thread:

This is not unprecedented. Eagles played on Tuesday back in like 2010 and it counted for the week... at least on Yahoo it did

Edit: I see that ESPN has already placed my Steelers players on bye.
The weekly NFL calendar getting jacked up is a potential nightmare.......much more so than say NBA, or MLB. 

I'm glad I'm not a FF commish. 

JJSS is gonna be a tough call for me this week.  If the game is postponed to another week I’ll get a 0. 

This sucks. :(  

Hopefully we’ll know by the time we need to set lineups on Sunday AM.  Unfortunately one of my potential replacements plays on TNF (Crowder) - If he plays. 

Sigh. 

JJSS is gonna be a tough call for me this week.  If the game is postponed to another week I’ll get a 0. 

This sucks. :(  

Hopefully we’ll know by the time we need to set lineups on Sunday AM.  Unfortunately one of my potential replacements plays on TNF (Crowder) - I’d be plays. 

Sigh. 
we are toying around with the idea of allowing Pitt/Tenn players have a "backup" in case the game is cancelled.  The idea is to start a thread on the league website where owners designate the Pitt/Ten player they plan to start and if that game gets postponed then a backup player that will be inserted into the lineup.  So you could designate JJSS as the starter and Crowder the backup.  If the game gets postponed then Crowder's points goes into your lineup. 

The weekly NFL calendar getting jacked up is a potential nightmare.......much more so than say NBA, or MLB. 

I'm glad I'm not a FF commish. 
I am not sure what is the nightmare?  If the game is played this week it counts for week 4.  If they change their bye week to this week and play later in the season then that game counts for whatever week it gets played in.  What is the nightmare?

I am not sure what is the nightmare?  If the game is played this week it counts for week 4.  If they change their bye week to this week and play later in the season then that game counts for whatever week it gets played in.  What is the nightmare?
Not a nightmare but Steelers lose out on a lot better bye week

Sorry, I wasn't as clear as I should've been.  I'm talking big picture moving forward, no so much this incident........hopefully it's first and only, but I'd be surprised if that ended up being the case.

Not a nightmare but Steelers lose out on a lot better bye week
He was referencing a nightmare for the FF Commish……...not for the NFL teams.   I just don't see where the nightmare is.  It's pretty straightforward in application.  The lineup situation is the potential for issue so we are discussing the idea of designating a backup for Pitt/Tenn players in case the game gets moved from week 4 so you don't get stuck with nobody in your lineup.  The idea is to allow max flexibility for each owner so teams can be as competitive as possible with no "0" spots in the lineup.

Sorry, I wasn't as clear as I should've been.  I'm talking big picture moving forward, no so much this incident........hopefully it's first and only, but I'd be surprised if that ended up being the case.
Oh, thanks for the clarification. 

we are toying around with the idea of allowing Pitt/Tenn players have a "backup" in case the game is cancelled.  The idea is to start a thread on the league website where owners designate the Pitt/Ten player they plan to start and if that game gets postponed then a backup player that will be inserted into the lineup.  So you could designate JJSS as the starter and Crowder the backup.  If the game gets postponed then Crowder's points goes into your lineup. 
Not a bad idea. 💡 

Of course Tuesday will count for week 4 not  even sure why this is a discussion. It is each teams 4th game.

I would think anything Thursday- Wednesday would count as the current week.
Not necessarily. FBG Subscriber Contest Rules say Tuesday is this week, Wednesday is next week.

Well, this is weird, Yahoo just switched all Tenn and Pitt players to having a BYE this week.....let the ####show begin

Well, this is weird, Yahoo just switched all Tenn and Pitt players to having a BYE this week.....let the ####show begin
Yahoo Roster Alert says they have a bye but are not listed as a bye in the lineup area.

If I am the NFL, why not wait and put it on Tues. if I can. NFL games on 4 days (Thurs, Sun, Mon, Tues) is gold for them!

Just read were Titans OLB coach tested positive on Friday. This seems sloppy  to not have done contact tracing and not have game day tests. Feel like this situation could have been prevented.

Users who are viewing this thread