What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Game Thread*** LAChargers vs TBBuccaneers -7 (42) (1 Viewer)

I'm going to take the Chargers and those 7 points, their running game will be on full display where Tampa will look slow in the mud, that's just my quick take. 

LAC 24...TBB 17, Under hits by 1 point, Vegas has got that total pretty close, very slow track out there today. 

Has the name Mr Wizard been suggested for Justin Herbert?  Old people should get it, young people probably not.  Either way, I’m starting if it hasn’t been.

Bad news for Ekeler owners, he was carried out to the locker room, can't speculate but doubtful he will be back and that's eyeballing it, not a sideline report. 

I understand Kelley has been groomed the last couple weeks for a larger load but you have to think this will trigger Justin Jackson back into the mix as they use 2 Backs a lot throughout the game. 

Evans will be lucky if he is not thrown out for that.

Edit: not as bad on the replay, but still a dumb move by Evans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Genius coaching by the Chargers.  No reason to even run it. TB has 1 timeout. Kneel on it a couple times and go to the half with a 24-7 lead. Idiots.

Kelley is killing himself as the lead back. 

Herbert though gave him a terrible hand off. 

Up 17, all they had to do was run a play or two, and now the Bucs can cut into a huge 1st half lead if they can cash in. 

The Irony of Evans acting like a punk on the last drive and earning a 15 yd penalty almost trying to spark his team and now he catches the TD on the short drive 3rd and goal, the irnoy in those last few seconds of the 1st half. 

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I feel obliged to note that "Fumbling on your own five yard line right before halftime is bad" is the kind of insightful commentary that just becomes second nature after decades of watching this game.

The rookie Vaughn might find himself on the field a lot more. Jones not exactly lighting it up today and Fournette is injured. He could at least maybe be the RB2 eventually. Short but looks good and they drafted him in the 2nd or 3rd round, he wasn't an afterthought. 

The rookie Vaughn might find himself on the field a lot more. Jones not exactly lighting it up today and Fournette is injured. He could at least maybe be the RB2 eventually. Short but looks good and they drafted him in the 2nd or 3rd round, he wasn't an afterthought. 
Sorry, MOP, but this seems like a really biased take.

Jones is looking incredibly solid, has 18 carries for 95 and 6 for 17 in the air -- and counting. Just got a huge first down to seal the game. Great usage and looks patient and moving piles forward. From a fantasy perspective, the only downside is Vaughn coming in inside teh 10s for short yardage work, which if I'm Arians I understand given Vaughn is a bigger built back.

Agree Vaughn has looked good too and would agree they may look to use him more, but not sure what that usage will look like given Fournette is good in short yardage as well.

I think this backfield is still really up in the air, but let's not let bias creep in. Just like I can't claim this is clearly Jones' backfield, you should give credit where credit is due.

Sorry, MOP, but this seems like a really biased take.

Jones is looking incredibly solid, has 18 carries for 95 and 6 for 17 in the air -- and counting. Just got a huge first down to seal the game. Great usage and looks patient and moving piles forward. From a fantasy perspective, the only downside is Vaughn coming in inside teh 10s for short yardage work, which if I'm Arians I understand given Vaughn is a bigger built back.

Agree Vaughn has looked good too and would agree they may look to use him more, but not sure what that usage will look like given Fournette is good in short yardage as well.

I think this backfield is still really up in the air, but let's not let bias creep in. Just like I can't claim this is clearly Jones' backfield, you should give credit where credit is due.
My apologies STC, he dropped like 3 balls in the 1st half and I see an opp for Vaughn, I don't own him. 

Chargers up 24-7, possible the running lanes opened as they were defending the pass. 

Just some counter observations and I appreciate you pressing me for actual reasons why I might post that. Enjoy your Sunday, good luck!

My apologies STC, he dropped like 3 balls in the 1st half and I see an opp for Vaughn, I don't own him. 

Chargers up 24-7, possible the running lanes opened as they were defending the pass. 

Just some counter observations and I appreciate you pressing me for actual reasons why I might post that. Enjoy your Sunday, good luck!
All good, not slamming you. Totally correct he dropped a ball or two, but far from the whole story. Watched every snap of this game and Jones was running well right from the start -- was creating his own opportunities. This is also in a day where the game script leaned the other way and Brady had 5 TD passes.

He's not elite and still hasn't locked up this backfield but really liked what I saw. If I'm honest, I think he's looked better than Fournette this year. But it's a long year and know that this backfield will still be rotating. And Vaughn doing a good job when called for may make this more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread