What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Game Thread***New England at Kansas City -11 (50) (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
Lots going on with this once so I figured we can pile everything into one thread and get it fired up early. No more Patriots or Chiefs players tested positive, so the game is a go for tonight. Cam Newton is said to be asymptomatic. As far as I can tell, there will not be any additional COVID tests administered today. Game time is 7:05 on CBS. The current point spread is the largest for NE as an underdog since NE played the Rams in their first SB meeting (14.5 points).

The Patriots are rolling with Brian Hoyer, who is making his first ever start for NE. Sony Michel is staying in NE and is OUT. Damien Harris may be activated from IR, but that hasn't happened as of yet. It is probably a formality that they can just add him to the active roster today by 4:00 (maybe even 90 minutes before the game . . . can't remember the exact rule).

The Patriots had two starting offensive lineman and Julian Edelman listed as questionable on their Friday injury report. The Chiefs listed DT Chris Jones as questionable. At this point, it looks like Edelman will play (not that fantasy owners will have a lot of other options available).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think BB and the Pats try to ugly this game up and ground and pound and squeak out first downs, milk the clock, and keep Mahomes on the sideline....KC D is just good enough where playing traditional game plans with shots down the field and incompletions etc and trying to score with them does not work....if you have too many short drives, three and outs, KC will beat you.....you can't afford to punt.....I don't think NE takes shots down the field with Hoyer and will look to just move the chains and matriculate the ball down the field with running game, short passes to RB's and Edelman/TE's....they will try to convert almost every 4th and short and bypass FG's etc....HOU beat KC previously by keeping the ball for over 40 minutes and finishing drives with points....its about the only way

I got KC at -2 on a teaser, before Cam got the 'rona..... unfortunately I also took the over 48.....now the over doesn't seem like the lock it was.....maybe KC will cover it on their own!

I'm down 58.76 and I have CEH, Kansas City D, and Hayden Hurst. He has Travis Kelce.

... *sigh*

Interesting, who is Bill trying to take away, Kelce? Hill was single covered multiple times so far.

A rare Mahomes miss there, Watkins had position on Gilmore but Mahomes overthrew him.

Someday I will figure out why teams throw the ball short of the first down marker on third down. Some day. 

Gilmore backside punch technique causes the fumble on Sammy Watkins. NE ball.

It would be probably be different with Cam and a healthy O line. 
He looks twice more dynamic running than Sony, he's just not going anywhere, really. Probably hard to run with a stacked box and two or three guys missing from the line.

No excuses, though. Next man up. 

Users who are viewing this thread